Jordana Lipstick

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yesterday my friend (asian skin) bought the colour All Spicy and it looked great on her. I loved the colour so I bought that one as well (very white skin) and it looked treating me too! It was smooth and moisturizing. I ended up buying the colours Mango and Holiday Red as well and they all look great. Holiday Red is very pigmented, Mango is medium pigmentation, and All Spicy is kind of sheer but it still shows. They are all very shimmery. They smell overwhelmingly like watermelon at first but during wear they smell like Sweet Tarts or candy. Best of all it was only $2! :D My friend got the colour Amber too and it is very pigmented as well, but they all look nice. I love them! I would definitely recommend and repurchase these lipsticks. My new favourites!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the Matte and the regular Jordana:

This is incredibly unflattering if you're a little (ahem) older. I'm a fairly well-preserved forty-something (very few lip lines) thanks to a complete inability to tan and a lot of Retin-A from an early age because of acne, and...well...these are a resoundingly ugly, "No."

My absolute favorite cheap lippies are New York Color (the 97 cent kind), and I was replacing them because my NYC stash is a year and a half old, and I'm trying to avoid putting germ-bombs on or near my forty-something gums.

Not this, though. It looks really, really unflattering. Back to the grocery for more NYC or the regular Jordana, which I have reviewed below.

Review for the Regular Jordana lipstick, not the Matte:

Amazing colors, moisturizing, and very pretty, even on mid-forty lips. The smell is like you're eating sweet tarts, and it stings a little, though. I bought the "Grape", and it's the right kind of pinky purple for very pale skin. It's very flattering. Overall, I'd rebuy and wear these happily.

on 12/30/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I know, I know - this is a cheap drug store product and it does not have the same sex appeal as a gorgeous Dior lipstick, but then it does not cost $$$. Some colors are very beautiful and surprisingly, have a very decent staying power.
I was traveling and had a ‘makeup emergency’ and no time to get to a department store and the weather was nasty … Luckily, I remembered all the wonderful and oh, so cheap Jordana eye shadows and the drugstore was right there. With only 88 cents to loose, this was an easy choice. Well, I really like it now and will continue using it along with all my expensive lipsticks.

on 7/26/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Hmm. On one hand, I found a couple of nice colors to go with my autumny coloring. The color is also long-lasting.

But these lipsticks are waxy. They go on thick but tug at your lips as you apply--not moist at all. It looks kind of cheap on my face.

Jordana lipsticks smell and taste like working on a car (I don't know how else to describe it). Not good for kissing!

I think Wet 'n' Wild has nicer lipstick offerings for gals looking for a deal.

on 7/24/2003 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Oh, I love this stuff-- the $0.99 price tag helps alot. I have brown shimmer, cinnamon, and sea pearl-- all shimmery, faint colors that look great over regular brown l/l. I was surprised with the quality; it's somewhat creamy, which means it lasts a decent amount of time, instead of sliding right off.

Popular Lipsticks