Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm just going to run through a few Jordana colours that I wear regularly. These are all ones that apply and last well, with a nice texture.
For reference, I'm a pale - neutral - brunette with freckles and green eyes.

098 - Caribbean
Bronze. This is an orangey bronze colour with a gold shimmer. It's very pretty, but I never wear it. It reminds me so much of my Mum, back in the 80s... I'm not sure if the colour actually ages me, or if it's just those associations. I should give it to Mum and see if she likes it.

005 - Blackberry
A deep purple burgundy. Not overly pigmented, but layers well.
-Update- mine went rancid... it got that gross plasticy scent, and hardened. It must have been an old one when I bought it, and I haven't bothered replacing it yet (I have a couple of similar colours that work well in it's absence).

189 - Natural Touch
Creamy, incredibly easy to wear. LIke an enhanced version of my own lip colour. A touch of taupe in pink.

001 - Amber
Orange. Doesn't have the chalky texture that a lot of orange lipsticks seem to have. A slight shimmer, but nothing too bad. Surprisingly highly pigmented. Quite vampy.

077 - True Red
A blue-based red. Not particularly pigmented, making it an easy colour to wear during the day. Quite summery, fades to pink.

078 - Bright Red
Such a cool red. Really bright, with a slight gold/orange shimmer to it... not noticeable, but JUST enough to give it some pop.

127 - Brown
So awesome. A deep, dark brown, that gives that super rich 90s colour payoff. A good alternative to a black, as it's nice and warm, but still dark.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love Jordana lipsticks! I'm definitely a lipstick girl and I adore that Jordana has a huge color selection for a wonderful price (US$1 each). The texture is not so creamy or moisturizing, but still quite nice, that's why I always use lipbalm before applying these lippies. I find them to be long lasting, too. Some of my favorite shades are Persimmon, 18 Karat, Pink Brown, Mauve, Natural, Sea Pearl, Maple Sugar, Matte 5th Avenue, Buff, Bahama Bronze, among others. I plan on getting more, so many shades to choose from and great quality for what you pay!

on 9/16/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought several of these lipsticks. The texture is nice, but I haven't yet found a color that is right for me. I want to review the colors that I bought

Coco malt. This is a brownish color, It is frosty (shiny)

chestnut This is also a brownish color. it is less frosty than coco malt, but is still frosty (shiny)

terra cotta - this is a reddish color. im very conservative and this is too red for me.

Natural - this is a light cool pink color (i am warm toned)

taupe (matte) (gold tone case) - this has a reddish color and is a bit too dark for me (i am fair skinned and conservative)

the textures of these lipsticks are good. its a matter of finding the right color. The price of these is right.

on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE Jordana lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is cheap and tacky looking and yes, they can be a little on the drying side but the range of shades, the pigmentation, the lasting power and the price just blow me away. I must have about 20 or so (including Matte ones, separate review) and yeah, some of them don't quite work so well for me because the Dollar Store where I got them doesn't have testers but overall, these are amazing enough for me not to care.
The case is cheap plastic, usually a black base with a clear lidded cap but it is pretty sturdy and functional enough.
The formula is a little on the stiff side, hardly any slip and not what I would call creamy. They don't dry my lips out per se, but the lipsticks do feel drier than MAC or Revlon, etc. BUT the pigmentation level in most is very rich and the colour seems to cling to lips really well and last for ages. So it seems there is a bit of a trade off - drier application = longer lasting colour and that's OK with me. Most of mine seem to have a fairly strong watermelon or fruity scent but it dissipates quite quickly once applied and doesn't linger like some of the waxy/crayon lipstick smells can.
Some of my favourite colours...
Soft Rose - a beautiful gold glimmered salmony rose.
Burgundy - gorgeous red pink with a very flattering shimmer.
Mauve - tasteful muted rose brown, not quite sheer, very MLBB.
Grape - very pretty deep mauve pink cream.
All Spicy - a vibrant juicy looking orange coral, applies more pink than it appears in the tube.
Barely Pink - soft neutral petal pink with slight silvery pearl.
Natural - creamy looking chocolate pink nude.
Vin Rose - bright raspberry rose pink with blue micro shimmer.
For $3 a piece, these are certainly something to investigate if you're looking for a dirt cheap but more than decent quality lipstick that lasts well and you don't mind putting a bit of balm underneath before applying. These are not the BEST lipsticks in the world (I think that goes to Guerlain Rouge G) but for the range, price and quality they are definitely a winner, at least in my book!

I own like 15+ Jordana lippies. I think they are great quality for the price.They come in a huge variety of colors in CREAM and FROST finishes.Yes, they are dry, but wearing lipbalm underneath helps a lot. The price is great, and I think the packaging isn't as bad, yeah, it looks cheap, but it's also convenient.The cap is clear and closes tightly, which makes these lipsticks purse safe and easy to find a certain color. They do have a strange smell, not as strong as L'Oreal lippies, but stronger than Rimmel. But for some reason I can tolerate it. Unlike the smell of Rimmel lipsticks that makes me sick. This is a great buy, and I plan to buy many more colors.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got Beach Bronze & Sweet Apricot in the clear cases on clearance for $2 CAD @Pharmasave. I love the staying power. Don't like the smell, packaging or sparkle in the actual lipstick, but I solved that by combining it w/ a gloss or another lipstick., Altho at 2bucks a pop I guess can't complain lol. Extremely pigmented which is a good thing. I won't wear them with a full face as they're darker then I usually wear as I like a nude lip for the majority of days, but w/ a bit of mascara and I'm all set :)