Jordana Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm just going to run through a few Jordana colours that I wear regularly. These are all ones that apply and last well, with a nice texture.
For reference, I'm a pale - neutral - brunette with freckles and green eyes.

098 - Caribbean
Bronze. This is an orangey bronze colour with a gold shimmer. It's very pretty, but I never wear it. It reminds me so much of my Mum, back in the 80s... I'm not sure if the colour actually ages me, or if it's just those associations. I should give it to Mum and see if she likes it.

005 - Blackberry
A deep purple burgundy. Not overly pigmented, but layers well.
-Update- mine went rancid... it got that gross plasticy scent, and hardened. It must have been an old one when I bought it, and I haven't bothered replacing it yet (I have a couple of similar colours that work well in it's absence).

189 - Natural Touch
Creamy, incredibly easy to wear. LIke an enhanced version of my own lip colour. A touch of taupe in pink.

001 - Amber
Orange. Doesn't have the chalky texture that a lot of orange lipsticks seem to have. A slight shimmer, but nothing too bad. Surprisingly highly pigmented. Quite vampy.

077 - True Red
A blue-based red. Not particularly pigmented, making it an easy colour to wear during the day. Quite summery, fades to pink.

078 - Bright Red
Such a cool red. Really bright, with a slight gold/orange shimmer to it... not noticeable, but JUST enough to give it some pop.

127 - Brown
So awesome. A deep, dark brown, that gives that super rich 90s colour payoff. A good alternative to a black, as it's nice and warm, but still dark.

on 12/30/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I know, I know - this is a cheap drug store product and it does not have the same sex appeal as a gorgeous Dior lipstick, but then it does not cost $$$. Some colors are very beautiful and surprisingly, have a very decent staying power.
I was traveling and had a ‘makeup emergency’ and no time to get to a department store and the weather was nasty … Luckily, I remembered all the wonderful and oh, so cheap Jordana eye shadows and the drugstore was right there. With only 88 cents to loose, this was an easy choice. Well, I really like it now and will continue using it along with all my expensive lipsticks.

on 7/26/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Hmm. On one hand, I found a couple of nice colors to go with my autumny coloring. The color is also long-lasting.

But these lipsticks are waxy. They go on thick but tug at your lips as you apply--not moist at all. It looks kind of cheap on my face.

Jordana lipsticks smell and taste like working on a car (I don't know how else to describe it). Not good for kissing!

I think Wet 'n' Wild has nicer lipstick offerings for gals looking for a deal.

on 8/7/2012 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Although I've found Jordana powder cosmetics to be promising, I've only ever met disappointment with their lipsticks. The color selection and the difference between shade in the tube and shade on the lips reminds me of the bad old days of Wet'Wild when it seemed like everything on the rack was carried-over 80's colors and picking a lipstick was almost a shot in the dark because looking at the tube or the little color dots didn't equip you for even an educated guess at what the stuff would look like when you put it on.

A couple days ago I bought 014 Cherry, and 105 Radiant Red. Despite looking like a deep red in the tube Cherry was hot pink. Radiant Red wasn't quite so bad, a bright true red reminiscent of MAC Russian Red. Based on the alliteration of the names I'd guess this is deliberate but it's not a very good dupe -- NYC Retro Red does it much better in staying power, vividness and texture.

Both lipsticks had a strong, awful, undistinguished sort of preteen-berry scent to them.