Jordana Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE Jordana lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is cheap and tacky looking and yes, they can be a little on the drying side but the range of shades, the pigmentation, the lasting power and the price just blow me away. I must have about 20 or so (including Matte ones, separate review) and yeah, some of them don't quite work so well for me because the Dollar Store where I got them doesn't have testers but overall, these are amazing enough for me not to care.
The case is cheap plastic, usually a black base with a clear lidded cap but it is pretty sturdy and functional enough.
The formula is a little on the stiff side, hardly any slip and not what I would call creamy. They don't dry my lips out per se, but the lipsticks do feel drier than MAC or Revlon, etc. BUT the pigmentation level in most is very rich and the colour seems to cling to lips really well and last for ages. So it seems there is a bit of a trade off - drier application = longer lasting colour and that's OK with me. Most of mine seem to have a fairly strong watermelon or fruity scent but it dissipates quite quickly once applied and doesn't linger like some of the waxy/crayon lipstick smells can.
Some of my favourite colours...
Soft Rose - a beautiful gold glimmered salmony rose.
Burgundy - gorgeous red pink with a very flattering shimmer.
Mauve - tasteful muted rose brown, not quite sheer, very MLBB.
Grape - very pretty deep mauve pink cream.
All Spicy - a vibrant juicy looking orange coral, applies more pink than it appears in the tube.
Barely Pink - soft neutral petal pink with slight silvery pearl.
Natural - creamy looking chocolate pink nude.
Vin Rose - bright raspberry rose pink with blue micro shimmer.
For $3 a piece, these are certainly something to investigate if you're looking for a dirt cheap but more than decent quality lipstick that lasts well and you don't mind putting a bit of balm underneath before applying. These are not the BEST lipsticks in the world (I think that goes to Guerlain Rouge G) but for the range, price and quality they are definitely a winner, at least in my book!

I bought Jordana lipstick on holiday red it's a pink red beautifull
color I loved it .I decided to try thier normal lipstick after I had
tried their matte lipstick which was fantastic. the formula is very
soft & has nice fruity smell the staying power is amazing
I love is so much & I will definitly try it again. the only bad thing
is I bought it for 4.50 $ as Jordana is sold in my country for
much higher price than the USA

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found a Jordana lipstick in a color called "Cafe". A brownish burgundy color that was so perfect for me. I could never find this ever again after that. I really liked the formula (good staying power) and the scent. Plus it was so gosh darn cheap! I emailed customer service (to inquire about that lippie) at thier new webpage - no reply or anything. SO rude. It makes me think twice about buying from them again even tho I liked the product a lot. Oh - And I went back to their webpage to browse - you can't - it is set up so strange! Terrible web site!