Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/23/2007 12:47:00 PM

I have Beige Frost but it's the wrong color and looks too cakey on me. The only thing I like about it is the scent because it brings back a nice memory. The taste is a different story, that's why it's not appropriate for when you want to be kissing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got Beach Bronze & Sweet Apricot in the clear cases on clearance for $2 CAD @Pharmasave. I love the staying power. Don't like the smell, packaging or sparkle in the actual lipstick, but I solved that by combining it w/ a gloss or another lipstick., Altho at 2bucks a pop I guess can't complain lol. Extremely pigmented which is a good thing. I won't wear them with a full face as they're darker then I usually wear as I like a nude lip for the majority of days, but w/ a bit of mascara and I'm all set :)

Yes, I'd buy again, but you do NEED to top these lipsticks with a good gloss, or they'll dry your lips out as bad as prunes! NOT joking! They are VERY drying, and I'm not talking about Jordana's Matte lipsticks! These regular lipsticks, @$1.30 each, are like a matte lipstick though! I bought 3 in the shades: All Spicy, Mango, and Sea Pearl, as I saw pics of them online. I thought they were flattering colors, and so they are! I posted pics of them on my profile. So, if you want to see them, hit my pictures! I found them hard to apply as they were stiff and so applied unevenly, even waxy, like a box of Crayola crayons! However, they ARE long lasting, and that was even with a gloss on top! NOT BAD! And yes, they are sweetly scented, but that doesn't bother me, even though it does linger, it isn't strong. I smeared a bit on white paper, as a swatch, and the next day, I could smell them, as if they were "scratch n' sniff" stickers! Anyway, All Spicy is a pinkish-coral, more on the pink side, which is shocking a bit, as it looked a bit pinkish-orange in the tube. I like it. Again, it was a bit hard to apply, so at first it went on light and sheer. Gotta really work it on your lips! All Spicy also has a soft pearly sheen to it. NOT glittery! Mango is a light copper-burnt orange shade. This one I like the least, as it isn't very flattering on. When I mix it with All Spicy, it works out a bit better. Probably because I think Mango leans more toward the burnt orange shade than a light copper. I didn't notice any pearly sheen. Sea Pearl is a copper shade with a slight sheen to it. Maybe even considered brassy. Anyway, don't forget the LIP GLOSS! I tried these on and then took them off, and my lips felt chapped! NO JOKE! Wish they were moisturizing! I also found that, even though Sea Pearl was the darkest in the tube, it seems to apply more sheer than the other two. My least fav, Mango, applies the darkest. I found some awesome lipsticks @Dollar Tree, from L.A. Colors! Those are NICE! And moisturizing! Gosh! I'm so disappointed in my recent Cherry Culture haul! Everything was CHEAP CRAP! :( Seriously! I have better luck at my local Dollar Tree! Well, ya live n' learn I guess! Thank goodness everything was CHEAP! ;)

on 10/3/2006 5:04:00 PM

At first I was thrilled by the array of gorgeous colors, cheap price--but after a few weeks, they become hard as a crayon and waxy. Also, if there is glitter in the lipstick, it becomes more apparent (overly so) as the product dries out. I have done better with the ones labeled "sheer", as they do not seem to dry out and become unusable the way the regular colors do. A fun product for a buck, but overall quality is poor.

on 8/14/2016 9:49:00 AM

I discovered Jordana Cosmetics last summer and have become a big fan, I have tried out an assortment of their products, the lipsticks being one of them.

The lipstick itself is a nice product, I don't find them to be too drying, I wear a balm underneath though whether I need it or not which probably helps as I have read mixed reviews on these. The packaging isn't flashy, it's plastic and pretty basic which doesn't bother me. But if I were to drop it on the floor or something, would the packaging hold up.

I have tried several colors, many of them were nice but ultimately were not the best shades for me, likely because they were too dark or frosty (Caramel, Cinnamon, Copper Penny, Plumwine). Jordana has a lot of dark colors in this line which is great but I don't wear dark colors all that much anymore.

Recently I picked up Nude, Natural and Natural Touch, as I seem to be obsessed with nudes or neutrals right now. I like Natural, Natural Touch and Nude in that order. Natural is a pink nude as described on the website, Natural Touch as a rose nude, and Nude as a nude peach. I find Natural to be more nudey peach, and Nude to be a touch more pink. Out of these two colors I prefer Natural, which I find to be really similar to Nude from the Matte lipstick line. Side by side they look very similar but Nude is a bit more pinky.

Natural Touch is a nice color too but darker. It reminds me of Milani's Naturally Chic, but also reminds me of a lighter version of Wet N Wild Spiked with Rum which I had high hopes for but was too dark for me.

I would repurchase Natural, and likely Natural Touch as well even though it's quite similar to a shade I already own and really like. Nude is a nice color too but I prefer Natural a bit more and don't need both of them because aside from the slight pink difference, they are very similar.

I rate these lipsticks 4 stars, they are a nice product and an even better price. It's fun to try out many different shades without breaking the bank and if you find out that certain ones are not for you, at least you aren't out a ton of money. Jordana has a huge selection of shades to try. I see myself trying more shades in the future.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the Matte and the regular Jordana:

This is incredibly unflattering if you're a little (ahem) older. I'm a fairly well-preserved forty-something (very few lip lines) thanks to a complete inability to tan and a lot of Retin-A from an early age because of acne, and...well...these are a resoundingly ugly, "No."

My absolute favorite cheap lippies are New York Color (the 97 cent kind), and I was replacing them because my NYC stash is a year and a half old, and I'm trying to avoid putting germ-bombs on or near my forty-something gums.

Not this, though. It looks really, really unflattering. Back to the grocery for more NYC or the regular Jordana, which I have reviewed below.

Review for the Regular Jordana lipstick, not the Matte:

Amazing colors, moisturizing, and very pretty, even on mid-forty lips. The smell is like you're eating sweet tarts, and it stings a little, though. I bought the "Grape", and it's the right kind of pinky purple for very pale skin. It's very flattering. Overall, I'd rebuy and wear these happily.

on 4/8/2013 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Jordana is probably one of the most underrated brands ever! It's super cheap but it works wonders! The lipstick lasts VERY long and it does't get dull at all. It has a very wide variety of colors and they smell fabulous.

on 3/2/2011 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Jordana's lipstick is great & comes in great colors - some are pretty unusual, too, which I really like. The color on your mouth is the color in the tube, which is also rather unusual.
They generally stay put for aeons, but some are a bit dry & stiff.
Rosette (#050) is one of my faves. It's a shrill & wonderful pink that stays on all night, so I don't mind at all that it's sort of dry.

I love them - I get at least a couple every time I visit the dollar store!

on 3/9/2009 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the InColor and regular line. I was going to try the Matte lipsticks, but when I tested them they were gummy and icky. >_< Probably too old.

I got five lipsticks, at 10-15 QAR each (around $3-4). It sucks they aren't under a dollar like in the US, but these are relatively cheap, with the next cheapest being Rimmel and Maybelline at a price range of (converted) $8-10.

I got LS-128 Nude, which is a great rosey-nude (slight orange) color. Then two back-ups for Jordana InColor in "195 South Beach", which, a month ago I first picked up and tossed into my basket on a whim, and fell in love with, so I bought two more because I'm afraid of running out. It's a shimmery red. Imagine my dismay/annoyance when I bought a Revlon Goldpearl Plum for 4x the price and got home to discover that they were similar shades!! I think South Beach has a peach tinge, whereas the Revlon is more of a deep red.

Also got the shade "190 Milani Sunrise" (InColor), which is a sheer, peach-pink with golden shimmer which I plan to use with lots of gloss for a fun summer look. From the regular line, I got LS-175 Coco Malt, a brownish mauve.

I was also eyeing the following: 1) Mauve Merengue, a mauvey brown. 2) Bahama Bronze, which I read was similar to the MAC O lipstick 3) Copper Penny, a bronzey red. 4) Matte Mystery. And two or three more shades... There are just so many great colors! I think I'll come back for more.

I love Jordana, but one lippie off because: They can be drying, but lipbalm helps. The smell is also a bit perfumey/waxey, and strong for some shades like South Beach, but I use a sweet smelling lipgloss on top so that's what I smell most of the time.

All in all, not a bad option. Brands like Wet n Wild or NYX or Milani aren't available here, so for the meantime, Jordana is a great way to satisfy my lipstick fix without breaking the bank.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Face it, the reason people buy this is because it's cheap and wanna experiment with stuff. I saw the lipstick in Gleam of Gold and I was intrigued with the colour (blend of gold and pink) so I bought it. It's true what they say, it's hard, waxy and tends to look cheap on lips. But for a cheap lipstick it goes on alright after I apply chapstick and looks pretty good if I carefully put it on. Gleam of Gold looks fantastic of you don't overdo it, cause it'll look too bright pink. I don't use it often though and I don't think I'll need to repurchase. Don't expect too much from this lipstick. I'll give it 4 cause it's not that great quality, but a great whimsical experimental buy that won't break your budget.