Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/7/2012 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Although I've found Jordana powder cosmetics to be promising, I've only ever met disappointment with their lipsticks. The color selection and the difference between shade in the tube and shade on the lips reminds me of the bad old days of Wet'Wild when it seemed like everything on the rack was carried-over 80's colors and picking a lipstick was almost a shot in the dark because looking at the tube or the little color dots didn't equip you for even an educated guess at what the stuff would look like when you put it on.

A couple days ago I bought 014 Cherry, and 105 Radiant Red. Despite looking like a deep red in the tube Cherry was hot pink. Radiant Red wasn't quite so bad, a bright true red reminiscent of MAC Russian Red. Based on the alliteration of the names I'd guess this is deliberate but it's not a very good dupe -- NYC Retro Red does it much better in staying power, vividness and texture.

Both lipsticks had a strong, awful, undistinguished sort of preteen-berry scent to them.

I find these much too waxy and dry. Emphasizes every line of the lips, extremely unflattering.

on 5/8/2003 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm never buying dollar store lipstick again, unless it's from one of the bigger brands. As usual, this was waxy, hard, and smelled awful. I bought a cocoa color that turned muddy orange on me.

on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Sorry to say the main no no for me concerning this product is that its just too drying for my lips it looked terrible on me. The others bad things are the same that you would expect a cheap l/s to have : has a scent, colors are pretty but just average, some pearly, shimmery, matte, plastic case just not good enough. If you are okay with theses facts go ahead buy them but they are just not for me.

on 8/3/2009 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the color code 179 -All Spicy..So damn cheap, but it wasn't something that i was looking for in a quality. So dry, it cracked on my lips, not a comfortable feeling. I only bought it for make-up practice at my course, but for daily wear, definitely not

on 1/23/2007 12:47:00 PM

I have Beige Frost but it's the wrong color and looks too cakey on me. The only thing I like about it is the scent because it brings back a nice memory. The taste is a different story, that's why it's not appropriate for when you want to be kissing.

on 5/24/2006 7:52:00 PM

I have to agree with most of the reviews on here. My first tube was in Sienna and i loved it! I got alot of compliments with that color, I also tried and loved Brandy. Those two are now discontinued. I tried other colors and they do have an awful taste and smell. It pulls on my lips when I apply it. It's yucky! It just feels dry and has a gummy/sticky feel to it. I have thrown away lots of lipstick because of that. So I give up now!

on 7/26/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Hmm. On one hand, I found a couple of nice colors to go with my autumny coloring. The color is also long-lasting.

But these lipsticks are waxy. They go on thick but tug at your lips as you apply--not moist at all. It looks kind of cheap on my face.

Jordana lipsticks smell and taste like working on a car (I don't know how else to describe it). Not good for kissing!

I think Wet 'n' Wild has nicer lipstick offerings for gals looking for a deal.

on 1/9/2003 6:56:00 PM

One word for this lipstick:crap. It is sticky, easy to break, and is just horrible. I am never going to buy this product again.

Okayy soo..
The matte ones (in gold tubes )
57 Hot Kiss
Tangerine Tango
And 50s Scarlet Red
Are all amazing, a little bit cakey but some chapstick before hand does the trick 😘

But... sadly.. The normal creme based ones (in silver Tubes )
072 Plumwine
089 Black
And 005 Blackberry
Are absolutely TERRIBLE.
Even after 20+ coats they don't cover up your lip color. They're so sheer, so difficult to even put on that it's stupid.
And you seriously can't get no messed up or smudged edges because these just run and slide all over the place. 😔😣
Look like a freaking clown with watery clown lips.
Seriously disappointed 😪 but theres bound to be a crappy set. There a $1 a piece. 😂 Oh well.