Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

Price: $

on 7/24/2003 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Oh, I love this stuff-- the $0.99 price tag helps alot. I have brown shimmer, cinnamon, and sea pearl-- all shimmery, faint colors that look great over regular brown l/l. I was surprised with the quality; it's somewhat creamy, which means it lasts a decent amount of time, instead of sliding right off.

Just bought Cherries Royale by mistake wanted a brown-red. Thought this blue-red would be too blue for my MMM LOLA green-eyed looks. But viola! I love it! And it sticks like glue thru diet coke, tea, etc. Will buy more Jordana.

on 10/3/2006 5:04:00 PM

At first I was thrilled by the array of gorgeous colors, cheap price--but after a few weeks, they become hard as a crayon and waxy. Also, if there is glitter in the lipstick, it becomes more apparent (overly so) as the product dries out. I have done better with the ones labeled "sheer", as they do not seem to dry out and become unusable the way the regular colors do. A fun product for a buck, but overall quality is poor.

on 1/23/2007 12:47:00 PM

I have Beige Frost but it's the wrong color and looks too cakey on me. The only thing I like about it is the scent because it brings back a nice memory. The taste is a different story, that's why it's not appropriate for when you want to be kissing.

I own like 15+ Jordana lippies. I think they are great quality for the price.They come in a huge variety of colors in CREAM and FROST finishes.Yes, they are dry, but wearing lipbalm underneath helps a lot. The price is great, and I think the packaging isn't as bad, yeah, it looks cheap, but it's also convenient.The cap is clear and closes tightly, which makes these lipsticks purse safe and easy to find a certain color. They do have a strange smell, not as strong as L'Oreal lippies, but stronger than Rimmel. But for some reason I can tolerate it. Unlike the smell of Rimmel lipsticks that makes me sick. This is a great buy, and I plan to buy many more colors.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Face it, the reason people buy this is because it's cheap and wanna experiment with stuff. I saw the lipstick in Gleam of Gold and I was intrigued with the colour (blend of gold and pink) so I bought it. It's true what they say, it's hard, waxy and tends to look cheap on lips. But for a cheap lipstick it goes on alright after I apply chapstick and looks pretty good if I carefully put it on. Gleam of Gold looks fantastic of you don't overdo it, cause it'll look too bright pink. I don't use it often though and I don't think I'll need to repurchase. Don't expect too much from this lipstick. I'll give it 4 cause it's not that great quality, but a great whimsical experimental buy that won't break your budget.

on 3/9/2009 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the InColor and regular line. I was going to try the Matte lipsticks, but when I tested them they were gummy and icky. >_< Probably too old.

I got five lipsticks, at 10-15 QAR each (around $3-4). It sucks they aren't under a dollar like in the US, but these are relatively cheap, with the next cheapest being Rimmel and Maybelline at a price range of (converted) $8-10.

I got LS-128 Nude, which is a great rosey-nude (slight orange) color. Then two back-ups for Jordana InColor in "195 South Beach", which, a month ago I first picked up and tossed into my basket on a whim, and fell in love with, so I bought two more because I'm afraid of running out. It's a shimmery red. Imagine my dismay/annoyance when I bought a Revlon Goldpearl Plum for 4x the price and got home to discover that they were similar shades!! I think South Beach has a peach tinge, whereas the Revlon is more of a deep red.

Also got the shade "190 Milani Sunrise" (InColor), which is a sheer, peach-pink with golden shimmer which I plan to use with lots of gloss for a fun summer look. From the regular line, I got LS-175 Coco Malt, a brownish mauve.

I was also eyeing the following: 1) Mauve Merengue, a mauvey brown. 2) Bahama Bronze, which I read was similar to the MAC O lipstick 3) Copper Penny, a bronzey red. 4) Matte Mystery. And two or three more shades... There are just so many great colors! I think I'll come back for more.

I love Jordana, but one lippie off because: They can be drying, but lipbalm helps. The smell is also a bit perfumey/waxey, and strong for some shades like South Beach, but I use a sweet smelling lipgloss on top so that's what I smell most of the time.

All in all, not a bad option. Brands like Wet n Wild or NYX or Milani aren't available here, so for the meantime, Jordana is a great way to satisfy my lipstick fix without breaking the bank.

on 8/13/2010 12:43:00 AM

So far I have 2 Jordana lipsticks--Earth and Copper Penny, and I absolutely love them. For only $1.49, I was initially skeptical of the quality and the color of these lipsticks, but I was very quickly won over when I tried on these lipsticks. They're very pigmented and the colors are absolutely lovely--not to mention that there's a great color selection to choose from. They don't go on as smoothly as I'd like but for the price and the color, I don't really mind. You can purchase these online at jordanacosmetics.com and cherryculture.com. I will definitely be trying out more shades.

on 3/2/2011 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Jordana's lipstick is great & comes in great colors - some are pretty unusual, too, which I really like. The color on your mouth is the color in the tube, which is also rather unusual.
They generally stay put for aeons, but some are a bit dry & stiff.
Rosette (#050) is one of my faves. It's a shrill & wonderful pink that stays on all night, so I don't mind at all that it's sort of dry.

I love them - I get at least a couple every time I visit the dollar store!

Yes, I'd buy again, but you do NEED to top these lipsticks with a good gloss, or they'll dry your lips out as bad as prunes! NOT joking! They are VERY drying, and I'm not talking about Jordana's Matte lipsticks! These regular lipsticks, @$1.30 each, are like a matte lipstick though! I bought 3 in the shades: All Spicy, Mango, and Sea Pearl, as I saw pics of them online. I thought they were flattering colors, and so they are! I posted pics of them on my profile. So, if you want to see them, hit my pictures! I found them hard to apply as they were stiff and so applied unevenly, even waxy, like a box of Crayola crayons! However, they ARE long lasting, and that was even with a gloss on top! NOT BAD! And yes, they are sweetly scented, but that doesn't bother me, even though it does linger, it isn't strong. I smeared a bit on white paper, as a swatch, and the next day, I could smell them, as if they were "scratch n' sniff" stickers! Anyway, All Spicy is a pinkish-coral, more on the pink side, which is shocking a bit, as it looked a bit pinkish-orange in the tube. I like it. Again, it was a bit hard to apply, so at first it went on light and sheer. Gotta really work it on your lips! All Spicy also has a soft pearly sheen to it. NOT glittery! Mango is a light copper-burnt orange shade. This one I like the least, as it isn't very flattering on. When I mix it with All Spicy, it works out a bit better. Probably because I think Mango leans more toward the burnt orange shade than a light copper. I didn't notice any pearly sheen. Sea Pearl is a copper shade with a slight sheen to it. Maybe even considered brassy. Anyway, don't forget the LIP GLOSS! I tried these on and then took them off, and my lips felt chapped! NO JOKE! Wish they were moisturizing! I also found that, even though Sea Pearl was the darkest in the tube, it seems to apply more sheer than the other two. My least fav, Mango, applies the darkest. I found some awesome lipsticks @Dollar Tree, from L.A. Colors! Those are NICE! And moisturizing! Gosh! I'm so disappointed in my recent Cherry Culture haul! Everything was CHEAP CRAP! :( Seriously! I have better luck at my local Dollar Tree! Well, ya live n' learn I guess! Thank goodness everything was CHEAP! ;)