Jordana Lipstick

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the liquid long wearing lipstick in Buttercreme frosting (a very pale shade....think jersey shore) I love this shade & the color stays on decently, good price. I would def buy more colors I just never see Jordana in my travels much. But this is a high quality lipstick. #winning

on 8/14/2016 9:49:00 AM

I discovered Jordana Cosmetics last summer and have become a big fan, I have tried out an assortment of their products, the lipsticks being one of them.

The lipstick itself is a nice product, I don't find them to be too drying, I wear a balm underneath though whether I need it or not which probably helps as I have read mixed reviews on these. The packaging isn't flashy, it's plastic and pretty basic which doesn't bother me. But if I were to drop it on the floor or something, would the packaging hold up.

I have tried several colors, many of them were nice but ultimately were not the best shades for me, likely because they were too dark or frosty (Caramel, Cinnamon, Copper Penny, Plumwine). Jordana has a lot of dark colors in this line which is great but I don't wear dark colors all that much anymore.

Recently I picked up Nude, Natural and Natural Touch, as I seem to be obsessed with nudes or neutrals right now. I like Natural, Natural Touch and Nude in that order. Natural is a pink nude as described on the website, Natural Touch as a rose nude, and Nude as a nude peach. I find Natural to be more nudey peach, and Nude to be a touch more pink. Out of these two colors I prefer Natural, which I find to be really similar to Nude from the Matte lipstick line. Side by side they look very similar but Nude is a bit more pinky.

Natural Touch is a nice color too but darker. It reminds me of Milani's Naturally Chic, but also reminds me of a lighter version of Wet N Wild Spiked with Rum which I had high hopes for but was too dark for me.

I would repurchase Natural, and likely Natural Touch as well even though it's quite similar to a shade I already own and really like. Nude is a nice color too but I prefer Natural a bit more and don't need both of them because aside from the slight pink difference, they are very similar.

I rate these lipsticks 4 stars, they are a nice product and an even better price. It's fun to try out many different shades without breaking the bank and if you find out that certain ones are not for you, at least you aren't out a ton of money. Jordana has a huge selection of shades to try. I see myself trying more shades in the future.

on 9/16/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought several of these lipsticks. The texture is nice, but I haven't yet found a color that is right for me. I want to review the colors that I bought

Coco malt. This is a brownish color, It is frosty (shiny)

chestnut This is also a brownish color. it is less frosty than coco malt, but is still frosty (shiny)

terra cotta - this is a reddish color. im very conservative and this is too red for me.

Natural - this is a light cool pink color (i am warm toned)

taupe (matte) (gold tone case) - this has a reddish color and is a bit too dark for me (i am fair skinned and conservative)

the textures of these lipsticks are good. its a matter of finding the right color. The price of these is right.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got Beach Bronze & Sweet Apricot in the clear cases on clearance for $2 CAD @Pharmasave. I love the staying power. Don't like the smell, packaging or sparkle in the actual lipstick, but I solved that by combining it w/ a gloss or another lipstick., Altho at 2bucks a pop I guess can't complain lol. Extremely pigmented which is a good thing. I won't wear them with a full face as they're darker then I usually wear as I like a nude lip for the majority of days, but w/ a bit of mascara and I'm all set :)

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the Matte and the regular Jordana:

This is incredibly unflattering if you're a little (ahem) older. I'm a fairly well-preserved forty-something (very few lip lines) thanks to a complete inability to tan and a lot of Retin-A from an early age because of acne, and...well...these are a resoundingly ugly, "No."

My absolute favorite cheap lippies are New York Color (the 97 cent kind), and I was replacing them because my NYC stash is a year and a half old, and I'm trying to avoid putting germ-bombs on or near my forty-something gums.

Not this, though. It looks really, really unflattering. Back to the grocery for more NYC or the regular Jordana, which I have reviewed below.

Review for the Regular Jordana lipstick, not the Matte:

Amazing colors, moisturizing, and very pretty, even on mid-forty lips. The smell is like you're eating sweet tarts, and it stings a little, though. I bought the "Grape", and it's the right kind of pinky purple for very pale skin. It's very flattering. Overall, I'd rebuy and wear these happily.

Yes, I'd buy again, but you do NEED to top these lipsticks with a good gloss, or they'll dry your lips out as bad as prunes! NOT joking! They are VERY drying, and I'm not talking about Jordana's Matte lipsticks! These regular lipsticks, @$1.30 each, are like a matte lipstick though! I bought 3 in the shades: All Spicy, Mango, and Sea Pearl, as I saw pics of them online. I thought they were flattering colors, and so they are! I posted pics of them on my profile. So, if you want to see them, hit my pictures! I found them hard to apply as they were stiff and so applied unevenly, even waxy, like a box of Crayola crayons! However, they ARE long lasting, and that was even with a gloss on top! NOT BAD! And yes, they are sweetly scented, but that doesn't bother me, even though it does linger, it isn't strong. I smeared a bit on white paper, as a swatch, and the next day, I could smell them, as if they were "scratch n' sniff" stickers! Anyway, All Spicy is a pinkish-coral, more on the pink side, which is shocking a bit, as it looked a bit pinkish-orange in the tube. I like it. Again, it was a bit hard to apply, so at first it went on light and sheer. Gotta really work it on your lips! All Spicy also has a soft pearly sheen to it. NOT glittery! Mango is a light copper-burnt orange shade. This one I like the least, as it isn't very flattering on. When I mix it with All Spicy, it works out a bit better. Probably because I think Mango leans more toward the burnt orange shade than a light copper. I didn't notice any pearly sheen. Sea Pearl is a copper shade with a slight sheen to it. Maybe even considered brassy. Anyway, don't forget the LIP GLOSS! I tried these on and then took them off, and my lips felt chapped! NO JOKE! Wish they were moisturizing! I also found that, even though Sea Pearl was the darkest in the tube, it seems to apply more sheer than the other two. My least fav, Mango, applies the darkest. I found some awesome lipsticks @Dollar Tree, from L.A. Colors! Those are NICE! And moisturizing! Gosh! I'm so disappointed in my recent Cherry Culture haul! Everything was CHEAP CRAP! :( Seriously! I have better luck at my local Dollar Tree! Well, ya live n' learn I guess! Thank goodness everything was CHEAP! ;)

Popular Lipsticks