Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm just going to run through a few Jordana colours that I wear regularly. These are all ones that apply and last well, with a nice texture.
For reference, I'm a pale - neutral - brunette with freckles and green eyes.

098 - Caribbean
Bronze. This is an orangey bronze colour with a gold shimmer. It's very pretty, but I never wear it. It reminds me so much of my Mum, back in the 80s... I'm not sure if the colour actually ages me, or if it's just those associations. I should give it to Mum and see if she likes it.

005 - Blackberry
A deep purple burgundy. Not overly pigmented, but layers well.
-Update- mine went rancid... it got that gross plasticy scent, and hardened. It must have been an old one when I bought it, and I haven't bothered replacing it yet (I have a couple of similar colours that work well in it's absence).

189 - Natural Touch
Creamy, incredibly easy to wear. LIke an enhanced version of my own lip colour. A touch of taupe in pink.

001 - Amber
Orange. Doesn't have the chalky texture that a lot of orange lipsticks seem to have. A slight shimmer, but nothing too bad. Surprisingly highly pigmented. Quite vampy.

077 - True Red
A blue-based red. Not particularly pigmented, making it an easy colour to wear during the day. Quite summery, fades to pink.

078 - Bright Red
Such a cool red. Really bright, with a slight gold/orange shimmer to it... not noticeable, but JUST enough to give it some pop.

127 - Brown
So awesome. A deep, dark brown, that gives that super rich 90s colour payoff. A good alternative to a black, as it's nice and warm, but still dark.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read the reviews here for Jordana lipstick and went to Kmart to buy it. Well, I loved it so much I went back the next day for more and today (so 3rd day in a row) I went to a different store to get even more (FoodMaxx)! The lipsticks were $1.19 so I went wild and I am sooooo glad! These lipstick are the best ever! I cannot believe the high quality of them. I bought a mixture of the mattes (which are near to impossible to find in a drug store) and the regular ones. I love them all!! I highly, highly recommend these. Both regular and matte have have excellent pigmentation, lasting color that doesn't fade, and really look high quality on the lips. I can almost promise you that if someone applied these to your face and you didn't see the label, you would vote they were $25+ lip colors!

I hate to admit it, but I like these way, way better than my Mac ones! I find them to be superior in how they look and apply, especially the matte ones b/c wow, the Mac ones drag on application. Almost torture! I think that the Jordana Pink Passion (matte) is a near dupe for Mac Nicki Minaj! I love retro looking colors and if you do, too, you HAVE to get the matte one in Tangerine Tango! I actually bought the Mac RiRi Woo to wear to my upcoming graduation and now.... I think I am going to wear this one. It takes the cake!

Others I bought are Holiday Red (not a true red but pretty), Cherry Pie (also not a true red but pretty, a bit more shear in formula), Hollywood Red (to me is a dupe for Revlon's Cherries in the Snow), Terra Cotta (very pretty, sort of neutral, bronze-reddish, very wearable color), Simply Natural (nice neutral but not dead looking color/muted apricot/fleshy), Pink flair (also reminds me of a Nicki Minaj Mac but toned down), and Mystery (a really lovely dark pink/berry color I think a lot of people would enjoy).

The packaging is.... not that great but on the other hand, I don't really care about it and I don't think they look horrible.

One thing I was confused about is that they have a matte and regular collection in two different packaging (one collection comes in a clear tube and the other collection comes in a traditional looking tube. The collections, as far as I can see, do not have the same colors. I can't figure out what the difference between the two packaging types are, but both carry a regular and matte selection and the quality is the same across the board.) Went on the Jordana website, but still couldn't see/find the difference.

I love they are made in the USA and at such a low, low, low cost. Jordana cosmetics overall really show that you can still find high quality, low cost products made in the America!

I think Jordana should make more colors. Many are very, very dark looking and I passed on those. Jordana overall is a fanastic brand that I only recently found out about. I have been so pleased with them! I was hesitant at first because I thought that at such a low cost they would be really horrible, but I was wrong.

These don't really have a strong taste but they smell like watermelon. Exactly like the Milani lipsticks.

Please give these a try!! I think you will be delighted and you will enjoy them the same if not more than your high end ones! I know I do! These are now my best kept beauty bargain!!!!!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am a lipstick junkie. I have bought so many different kinds of inexpensive lipsticks. Jordana is one of my favorite brands! I own 35 lipsticks from Jordana. The colors are amazing and they are long lasting for me because I use a lipstick primer. I especially love the fact that they're $1.49. I will be ordered more really soon! They don't dry my lips out because I always moisturize my lips because applying. I can't say anything bad about this product.

on 8/7/2012 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Although I've found Jordana powder cosmetics to be promising, I've only ever met disappointment with their lipsticks. The color selection and the difference between shade in the tube and shade on the lips reminds me of the bad old days of Wet'Wild when it seemed like everything on the rack was carried-over 80's colors and picking a lipstick was almost a shot in the dark because looking at the tube or the little color dots didn't equip you for even an educated guess at what the stuff would look like when you put it on.

A couple days ago I bought 014 Cherry, and 105 Radiant Red. Despite looking like a deep red in the tube Cherry was hot pink. Radiant Red wasn't quite so bad, a bright true red reminiscent of MAC Russian Red. Based on the alliteration of the names I'd guess this is deliberate but it's not a very good dupe -- NYC Retro Red does it much better in staying power, vividness and texture.

Both lipsticks had a strong, awful, undistinguished sort of preteen-berry scent to them.

on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE Jordana lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is cheap and tacky looking and yes, they can be a little on the drying side but the range of shades, the pigmentation, the lasting power and the price just blow me away. I must have about 20 or so (including Matte ones, separate review) and yeah, some of them don't quite work so well for me because the Dollar Store where I got them doesn't have testers but overall, these are amazing enough for me not to care.
The case is cheap plastic, usually a black base with a clear lidded cap but it is pretty sturdy and functional enough.
The formula is a little on the stiff side, hardly any slip and not what I would call creamy. They don't dry my lips out per se, but the lipsticks do feel drier than MAC or Revlon, etc. BUT the pigmentation level in most is very rich and the colour seems to cling to lips really well and last for ages. So it seems there is a bit of a trade off - drier application = longer lasting colour and that's OK with me. Most of mine seem to have a fairly strong watermelon or fruity scent but it dissipates quite quickly once applied and doesn't linger like some of the waxy/crayon lipstick smells can.
Some of my favourite colours...
Soft Rose - a beautiful gold glimmered salmony rose.
Burgundy - gorgeous red pink with a very flattering shimmer.
Mauve - tasteful muted rose brown, not quite sheer, very MLBB.
Grape - very pretty deep mauve pink cream.
All Spicy - a vibrant juicy looking orange coral, applies more pink than it appears in the tube.
Barely Pink - soft neutral petal pink with slight silvery pearl.
Natural - creamy looking chocolate pink nude.
Vin Rose - bright raspberry rose pink with blue micro shimmer.
For $3 a piece, these are certainly something to investigate if you're looking for a dirt cheap but more than decent quality lipstick that lasts well and you don't mind putting a bit of balm underneath before applying. These are not the BEST lipsticks in the world (I think that goes to Guerlain Rouge G) but for the range, price and quality they are definitely a winner, at least in my book!

on 8/13/2010 12:43:00 AM

So far I have 2 Jordana lipsticks--Earth and Copper Penny, and I absolutely love them. For only $1.49, I was initially skeptical of the quality and the color of these lipsticks, but I was very quickly won over when I tried on these lipsticks. They're very pigmented and the colors are absolutely lovely--not to mention that there's a great color selection to choose from. They don't go on as smoothly as I'd like but for the price and the color, I don't really mind. You can purchase these online at jordanacosmetics.com and cherryculture.com. I will definitely be trying out more shades.

on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Sorry to say the main no no for me concerning this product is that its just too drying for my lips it looked terrible on me. The others bad things are the same that you would expect a cheap l/s to have : has a scent, colors are pretty but just average, some pearly, shimmery, matte, plastic case just not good enough. If you are okay with theses facts go ahead buy them but they are just not for me.

I bought Jordana lipstick on holiday red it's a pink red beautifull
color I loved it .I decided to try thier normal lipstick after I had
tried their matte lipstick which was fantastic. the formula is very
soft & has nice fruity smell the staying power is amazing
I love is so much & I will definitly try it again. the only bad thing
is I bought it for 4.50 $ as Jordana is sold in my country for
much higher price than the USA

on 1/23/2007 12:47:00 PM

I have Beige Frost but it's the wrong color and looks too cakey on me. The only thing I like about it is the scent because it brings back a nice memory. The taste is a different story, that's why it's not appropriate for when you want to be kissing.

on 12/30/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I know, I know - this is a cheap drug store product and it does not have the same sex appeal as a gorgeous Dior lipstick, but then it does not cost $$$. Some colors are very beautiful and surprisingly, have a very decent staying power.
I was traveling and had a ‘makeup emergency’ and no time to get to a department store and the weather was nasty … Luckily, I remembered all the wonderful and oh, so cheap Jordana eye shadows and the drugstore was right there. With only 88 cents to loose, this was an easy choice. Well, I really like it now and will continue using it along with all my expensive lipsticks.