Jordana Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/8/2013 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Jordana is probably one of the most underrated brands ever! It's super cheap but it works wonders! The lipstick lasts VERY long and it does't get dull at all. It has a very wide variety of colors and they smell fabulous.

on 3/9/2009 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the InColor and regular line. I was going to try the Matte lipsticks, but when I tested them they were gummy and icky. >_< Probably too old.

I got five lipsticks, at 10-15 QAR each (around $3-4). It sucks they aren't under a dollar like in the US, but these are relatively cheap, with the next cheapest being Rimmel and Maybelline at a price range of (converted) $8-10.

I got LS-128 Nude, which is a great rosey-nude (slight orange) color. Then two back-ups for Jordana InColor in "195 South Beach", which, a month ago I first picked up and tossed into my basket on a whim, and fell in love with, so I bought two more because I'm afraid of running out. It's a shimmery red. Imagine my dismay/annoyance when I bought a Revlon Goldpearl Plum for 4x the price and got home to discover that they were similar shades!! I think South Beach has a peach tinge, whereas the Revlon is more of a deep red.

Also got the shade "190 Milani Sunrise" (InColor), which is a sheer, peach-pink with golden shimmer which I plan to use with lots of gloss for a fun summer look. From the regular line, I got LS-175 Coco Malt, a brownish mauve.

I was also eyeing the following: 1) Mauve Merengue, a mauvey brown. 2) Bahama Bronze, which I read was similar to the MAC O lipstick 3) Copper Penny, a bronzey red. 4) Matte Mystery. And two or three more shades... There are just so many great colors! I think I'll come back for more.

I love Jordana, but one lippie off because: They can be drying, but lipbalm helps. The smell is also a bit perfumey/waxey, and strong for some shades like South Beach, but I use a sweet smelling lipgloss on top so that's what I smell most of the time.

All in all, not a bad option. Brands like Wet n Wild or NYX or Milani aren't available here, so for the meantime, Jordana is a great way to satisfy my lipstick fix without breaking the bank.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Face it, the reason people buy this is because it's cheap and wanna experiment with stuff. I saw the lipstick in Gleam of Gold and I was intrigued with the colour (blend of gold and pink) so I bought it. It's true what they say, it's hard, waxy and tends to look cheap on lips. But for a cheap lipstick it goes on alright after I apply chapstick and looks pretty good if I carefully put it on. Gleam of Gold looks fantastic of you don't overdo it, cause it'll look too bright pink. I don't use it often though and I don't think I'll need to repurchase. Don't expect too much from this lipstick. I'll give it 4 cause it's not that great quality, but a great whimsical experimental buy that won't break your budget.