NFU Oh - 52

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
 NFU Oh - 52
NFU Oh - 52NFU oh 52 over black <3Nfu.Oh 52 OPI YGTB 1Nfu.Oh 52 OPI YGTB 2NFU Oh - 52

1 review

This polish is absolutely amazing. In the bottle the base color seems to be a dark blue but when swatched on my nail I can see that the base is actually a dark purple. I think the difference comes in because there are so many different colors at work here that at one time or another they are all present. When layered over plain black it takes on more of an overall blue tone.

Within the colored base there is green microglitter and iridescent flakes that flash between green, blue and teal depending on the light. It's very similar to NFU Oh #56 but that one leans more toward green overall and this one is more toward blue overall. I'd call the glitter and iridescence a mix of NYX's Las Vegas, Sinful's Show Me The Way and flashes of Nubar's Peacock Feathers with iridescent flakes like CND's Limelight. It's truly amazing. Although there are lots of flakes within the polish they are very thin so there's no trouble getting them to lay flat and they don't make the polish gritty like traditional glitter. Even without a topcoat you can run your finger over your nail and you probably wouldn't know they're there.

The base color is saturated enough that you can wear it alone but it takes at least 3 or 4 coats to get it completely opaque. I generally like it better over a darker color so I always wear it over 1 coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather (although any black would do, really) to give it amazing depth without having to do a large number of coats.

Unfortunately I can't say too many great things about the wear of 52. When I wore this I used my usual combination of products which is: 1 coat of SH Nail Quencher BC (which is chip-free with any other polish), 1 coat of ChG LL, 1 coat of 52, 1 coat of Revlon Colorstay TC and then a layer of SV. Usually that combination of BC/TC keeps any polish completely chip- and tipwear-free all day but not with the NFUs. I didn't experience any chipping but after a few hours I had noticeable tipwear. Since I only wear my polish for one day before changing this wasn't too much of an issue but it might be if I had to wear it for more than a day or so. However I'm willing to overlook it because the color is just stunning.

I have bought several of these polishes and found the brand to be pretty expensive to those of us in the US. However at 17ml the bottle is bigger than OPI (but surprisingly smaller than China Glaze who has 19ml bottles) and coupled with the fact that this is a color like nothing I've ever seen, it makes the hefty pricetag completely worth it. I will repurchase again and again when I run out (which I know I will at some point).

Here are a few pics of it layered over black.

continued >>