SoftLips Vanilla Lip Balm SPF20

SoftLips Vanilla Lip Balm SPF20

3.6

I don't know why I kept using this for years. Habit, I suppose, and the fact that it's what my mom always used.

Turns out this is what was CAUSING my lips to chap and peel (and I mean major peeling - gross). I'd apply it, and initially it felt smooth and ultra-slick, but ten minutes later my poor lips were dried out worse than before. I switched to a different balm and my lips feel a million times better, and I only apply two or three times a day (versus dozens with SoftLips). I always loved the skinny tube, but that really doesn't matter on a product that destroys my skin.

i like the packaging, it's thin so it's nice to take along with you on the go. what's really great about it is how soft it makes my lips. and the smell too! the only bad thing i'd say about it is that, at least for me, it doesn't work as well when it's really cold out, but other than that i really like this lip balm! (:

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

I started using this product around four years ago when I got it as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I began to fall in love with the vanilla smell and the minty feeling when you put it on. I went through like a thousand tubes. I forgot why I stopped using it but I started using other lip balms and forgot about this one. I recently bought a new one when I found out that my Burt's Bees were sold out. I can't stop using my softlips now! If you have chapped lips, I recommend this 100%.

on 4/10/2015 1:48:00 PM

this is the only flavor of softlips that i like. it could be more moisturizing but its ok. it does the job from keeping my lips from getting sunburnt in the summer. only flaw for me is if i get a little in my mouth i can really taste the sunscreen blah

on 3/31/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't even know where to begin with this lip balm. For me it was just diabolical. I had tried this once back in middle school, and hated it but I thought I just bought a bad tube or something so I thought I would try it out again so many years later. That didn't make it any better. The smell of this is so delightful, but the taste is frightening. I'm not sure if I'm in some way allergic to this product but it tastes like chemicals and plastic. On top of that it does not moisturize my lips at all. The only thing I like about this is the smell and packaging. I'm a lip balm junkie and I always seem to try things 2 or 3 times to give products multiple chances because maybe certain factors affected the way it performed for me (season, weather, etc), but this is not one of them. Every time I think to give it one more chance I see a skull and crossbones on the tube and head in the opposite direction. Definitely would not recommend.

on 11/2/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

con: not moisturizing enough, doesnt like the smell too. very mediocre. pro: cheap, suits guys who are afraid of shiny lip balm.

I recently tried this product after giving up on many others. I have tried all the lip balms that were very popular and highly recommended like Baby Lips,EOS,Bert's Bees and Smoochies. But they all don't hold a candle to Softlips. I found it when I was looking for an EOS and saw that it was a dollar less. I also loved that it had SPF 20 and the simplicity of the balm. No heavy or weird exotic fragrance. Just simple vanilla.(which in fact I LOVE the smell of) and it's really smooth. Lastly, I loved how it felt to go on. It's kinds like a refreshing feeling I guess. Maybe it's just me though. I haven't tried any of their other products but I kinda don't want to because I really love this one. I might in the future though

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

The narrow little tube fits perfectly in a pocket or tiny makeup bag, the vanilla scent is quite pleasant, but the bottom line is that this product dries out my lips terribly. Maybe the mint in the formula causes dryness, but I didn't put the pieces together right away and continued using it to bad effect. Not a repurchase.

on 6/10/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This used to be my go to lip balm until I started trying others... Then I actually had something to compare them to and they didn't match up.
I find they don't moisturize much at all, which I would put as an important part of a lip balm. They seem to just sit on my lips which makes them feel very slimy. There is also a slight tingly/burning sensation when you first apply it but it's nothing to fear. It smells good though!

on 1/11/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product partly because of all the totes amazing smells there are! Small applicator which I also really like! I don't exactly think it totally moisturized my lips but it sure felt like it was when I put it on! Over all I think this is a great product!

Popular Lip Treatments