OPI The Thrill of Brazil

OPI The Thrill of Brazil

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The Thrill Of Brazil is my favourite OPI red. I had it put on during a pedicure once, then immediately knew I had to go and buy a bottle for myself - and even years on I have yet to find a bright red which I have loved as much. This shade is an incredibly flattering shade of bright, warm red. It has a lovely formula, and applies easily, reaching opacity in two coats. It does not apply streakily or with patches, and does not run. It lasts around 5 days without chipping when paired with base and top coat, in line with other OPI polishes. I think this colour would be flattering on all skin tones, but particularly on warmer tones. It is a great vibrant red to pull out in the summer, or whenever you need a pick-me-up. I always get a lot of compliments when I wear this red, and I love seeing it on other people too! I would highly recommend this shade for anyone who is looking for the signature red, or anyone who just loves bright colours generally. A+

on 1/25/2016 1:26:00 PM

There are so many great reds out there, this one just didn't make the cut for me. On my nails, OPI's The Thrill of Brazil was just slightly bland and dull. It didn't look sexy or special, and with so many reds to choose from I wouldn't come back to this one.

Good formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.
My favorite reds are OPI's Malaga Wine and Essie's Macks. I also love Lippmann's My Old Flame, Butter London's Her Majesty's Red, and YSL's Rouge Pop Art. All of them are perfect reds for me.

I would not buy this one again.

on 6/17/2015 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not wowed by this one unfortunately. The colour is quite nice but I haven't found it to be anything special. Perhaps I am too in love with Malaga Wine, my all time favourite red! The application was good, I for one am a big fan of the wider brush. I did find that the colour went a bit patchy after a while, and the big disappointment was how quickly the colour chipped. I use Seche Vite and usually get a few days wear (hot showers + dishwashing do not make for a long lasting mani), however this had started to chip by the second day. Wouldn't repurchase as I think that they are many other wonderful reds out there that I would like to try!

on 12/22/2014 3:29:00 PM

I was excited to see this at the nail salon when I went in for my Christmas pedicure because it is simply so festive. With a slight blue undertone, it's perfect against fair skin. And I love the classy creme formula -- nary a sparkle in sight.

When I want a basic red polish, this is the one I always reach for. It isn't too dark, it isn't too orange, it isn't too pink. It's the same color as my Camaro (Victory Red), and it's just right. This is one of those reds that works like a neutral; goes with everything, and it always looks classic and classy. The formula is awesome as it's on the runnier side so it's very easy to do a couple of thin coats. Coverage is good after one, but I always do two. Finish is super glossy and my polish never chips, even after a week (and I'm pretty hard on my hands) although I do use a top coat and a base coat with this. I've never experienced any nail staining, but just to be sure I double up on the base coat with brighter colors like this. If you're looking for a good basic go-to red nail polish, you should definitely give this one a try.

on 11/18/2013 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to Christmastime or 50s-mood red! Great glide one, works well with two coats, and the color is perfect on my skin. It does NOT have pink/berry undertones like many OPI reds too. I'd say this is a warmer red.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this nail polish because of its name only. But I'm so glad I did! This is a true medium red with the slightest touch of blue, just enough to make it look classy.
"The Thrill of Brazil" has a great formula. It dries super quickly and with a very glossy finish. You can almost get away with one coat.
I love how it looks against my fair skin (NC10/15, for reference), absolutely flattering. I think it really gives that pin up look which I very often crave for.
It's definitely one of my favorite nail polishes ever!

on 11/14/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have bought this polish 3 times because of how much I love it. It is a true red but with a slightly pink/blue undertone. I use this with OPI Chip Skip and then Revlon Top Coat and do not have chips for one week at the least. It is perfect for work (I'm a resident) and for a night out on the town. It looks so good as pedi in the summer as well!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after looking for a deep sexy red which it 100% is. It isn't too bright and not too dark.
Great formula so only takes two coats to become opaque. Only problem is that it definitely needs a basecoat as it stained my nails however it doesn't put me off wearing it.
If I ran out then I would buy this colour again.

on 7/7/2012 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Lovely color application was good and drying time was quick. Color really stands out. Lovely simple plain red

Popular Polishes