Chanel Soft Touch EyeShadow Platine

No Image

on 5/3/2017 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of one of the first chanel make up products I ever bought (long ago) called lumiere platine, platinum face powder, sized like a blush, intended to be used as a highlighter. (I bought my platinum face powder in the 1980s, not when it was reissued in 1999 to commemorate the millenium) :). Chanel does the most beautiful, finely milled metallic powders that disperse evenly into the skin. I will say though that as technology gets better with drugstore formulations, I am very fond of WnW shimmer and think that WnW duochrome in particular (there is a coppery rust /azure blue in the palette comfort zone) is gorgeous Irrespective of the price.

Soft touch Eyeshadows can be used both dry or with a dampened brush for a more intense results. I like to pair them off with Ombre D'Eau as a base as it makes the color payoff more outstanding as well as longer lasting. These E/S are very fine quality and easy to blend. And the tiny boxes are portable with applicators as well as a mirror in it. Just enough to look at 1 eye *LOL*

Platine is a sheer wash of silver with glittery finish. I love to use this on the inner eyes paired with smoky eyes for a stronger contraste. Also use this as a all-over wash for a bright, radiant look. Just Platine and black eye liner and loads of mascara I have a well-done yet simple look.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I own Bobbi Brown Grey shadow. It is matte finish and I want something shimmer to dress it up. MAC forgery is chunky and sparkles fall all over. Lamcome one turns blue silver. Only this Platine made the grey so beautiful!! The shimmer is so fine milled. I love it.

on 2/1/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this shadow, yes it's expensive, but you get what you pay for, anyway this shadow is great if you use it on top of a primer, Lash to brow as a powder base. Since this color is white with a shimmer, it gives any color you place on top of it a truer color, not only does it stack well it also blends any color to a nice chrome like nature. A plus in my book

on 10/19/2009 11:21:00 AM

this is the most divine eye shadow everr!!!!! its sooo beautiful...so angelic...i reallly love mac vanilla and crytal avalanche...but this is the color to go for..yes it is pricey...but its soo totally woth it...i have got 2 more of these..just in case....guys rush out and get this one...you wont regret it...