Shiseido Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

Shiseido  Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 17.6% and Octinoxate 1.4% Inactive Ingredients: barium sulfate, talc, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesquioxane crosspolymer, synthetic fluophlogopite, dimethicone, zinc myristate, boron nitride, disostearyl macate, squalane, PEG/PPG 36/41 dimethylether, potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phospte, royal jelly extract, petrolatum, polysilicone 2, sorbitan sesquisostearate, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum distearate, ethyhexylglycerin, alcohol, water, tocopherol, alumina, BHT, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, mica, iron oxides, zinc oxide

I love this! It offers good coverage, and I just need to use concealer under it for my darker spots. It doesn't accentuate my pores or rough skin texture, and lasts all day. When I want extra coverage, I will use just a small bit of this over my normal foundation, and it doesn't look cakey. My only complaint is that it makes my nose super oily, but a good primer there helps with this issue.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best powder foundation I have ever used and I have tried many. I don't like liquids so always only use powder foundation. Gives beautiful smooth coverage that looks like skin and you can build this up to full coverage and still looks great, it doesn't look caked on and thick. I have tried lots of other powder foundation just to see what's out there but this is so far the best I've tried. It also holds up very well throughout the whole day even through hot humid weather with or without primer.I highly recommend it. I have combination skin, oily Tzone and the rest normal but can get dry in winter but I still wear it in the colder months and it still doesn't look dry.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/3/2014 4:05:00 PM

This is the most frustrating product I've ever met. First of all, it's an excellent foundation. Gives medium-full coverage (depending on the number of layers), stays put all day long, hydrates dry skin, but also works perfectly on normal (not so dry) parts. BUT: As others have already mentioned before me, you'll find the shade range is very poor if you're not Asian. I used the Dual Balancing foundation from Shiseido before (it's discontinued now), and found a match in that collection, but it's impossible for me to use this one. The I range is supposed to be neutral, but it is yellow. The O range is supposed to be yellow, so I didn't even look at that. The B range is pink, OK, but very dark. If you're neutral or cool toned, you're chances are very minimal for a good shade. Some people don't care, and choose the one that is closest, but there are a lot of good foundations out there, and a perfect shade is very important for a flawless look.

on 8/26/2014 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A gold winner product from Shiseido. Finally a powder that's not super matte yet has a medium coverage. I see ever so tiny shimmer particles in the pan but they are so fine and on the skin it's not at all sparkly or shimmery. Just natural. Perfect for touch ups. This is not really a good powder for oily skinned ladies. I have dry skin and it's one of the few compact powders that works with me. Not super powdery, and so silky smooth as the name implies. The packaging is sleek, shiny with a unique design that's not at all gaudy like many other brands. You can buy refills for it too! Beautifully understated, typical shiseido!

on 1/5/2014 8:35:00 PM

Gorgeous finish on this powder with amazing coverage. I have combination skin that it overly oily in certain areas and overly dry in others. I have blemish and discoloration from past blemishes and this covers perfectly and doesnt make me breakout. I love to layer it with armani liquid foundation and top it off with a bronzer and mattifying finishing powder. It gives a flawless look. I never tried the powdery foundation that ppl compare this to and complain but I sampled this from the store first and liked it enough to actually buy. I apply with a brush and havent had any problems. It may be slightly looser than the MUFE one I use sometimes but it goes on so smooth that I cant complain. Its not like a powder, where it can be cakey or talcy, its more equivalent to a liquid or creamy combo with how it spreads on your skin. I do use a primer. Im olive skin and wear the O60, which I cant believe is one of the darker shades but I guess I need that to cover up the discolorations.

on 4/18/2013 2:13:00 PM

I have lived in the sun all my life and have loved it. As a result, in my 40s, I have sun damage and spots to prove it. I have tried everything under the sun to rid of it and at the same time, have been trying to find a foundation that looks like skin, offers full coverate w/o looking like a mask and long wearing. Thought it was a dream, but a month ago, I went to the Shiseido counter and asked the lady to show me what she's got. She started w/the sun protection in sp50 and sp70...which I had been doing. Then she topped with the perfect smoothing compact in O80...which has a stronger yellow tone. It cancelled out the pink that the Sun Protection in sp50 was giving me.
It went on matte, and more yellow than I was expecting, but it matched my skintone a lot better. In about 15 min. it settled on my face and gave a natural sheen to my skin. That powdery look was gone. The sheen is not an oily feel either. My skin feels soft and dry, but not powdery. It lasts long, but not all day. I reapply once in the late afternoon and it restores the look w/o looking patchy or masklike.
I do like it and think I will go back and purchase again when this runs out. I apply it w/a dense kabuki flat top or the sponge when I am out and about. The contour and blush that I am wearing comes through in a few minutes so I am not left w/having to apply everything again.
O80 is rather dark, but I think it helps cancel out my dark spots underneath. When I lighten up in fall, I may go a shade lighter, but so far it's the perfect finishing powder of the Shiseito Sun Protection liquid foundation for me. I am happy with it and am glad I tried it.

on 3/8/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This was my HG foundation after sampling a myriad of high end and and drugstore brands. I have mature, dry skin and applied this using the quality sponge that comes with it. This foundation worked beautifully with Estee's Nutricious Moisture "lotion" (now discontinued) as a primer. Within seconds I achieved a smooth, soft matte finish without the powdery cakey look. Beautiful paired with Shiseido's cheek blush. Non-comedognetic too! Hands down the best powder foundation out there for the price point.

Cons: Limited color palette for cool, fair skin. I had to settle with the I00 (neutral) then went with B20 and it was way too beige so I returned it. Now on the search for my HG foundation. Until Shiseido produces more color options for those of us with slight pink undertones, I won't repurchase. Great choice for those with neutral or yellow coloring.

on 2/1/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love the smoothness of this powder foundation! The added benefit for my sensitive skin is that the SPF is only titanium dioxide. Only one big problem, the colors are way off to their liquid and cream foundations. I purchased this in my usual shade B20 (I'm a very pink NW20) and it is practically orange on me. Unfortunately, the B20 is the lightest shade in the Beige(cool) family in this formula, the Sheer Matifying comes in B00, but not this one unfortunately. I intend to return it, or might try for an Ivory (neutral) in i00 or i20. I use this as a touch up powder and setting powder, and not my overall foundation color. A bit of neutral or even yellow tones isn't a bad thing for touch up during the day. Too bad Shisiedo does not have the B10 like their Cle de Peau line!

on 12/17/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is sooooo smooth and provides medium coverage.

Super smooth, probably the smoothest press powders i've had - it just blends right into your skin. It does go everywhere when i use the brush - but that's okay - just do it over the sink! Has nice build-able coverage. Doesn't break me out and doesn't make me feel oily either. Great selection in colors too. I keep rebuying this product ! Don't like the case tho - Shisedo can do much better than that! Would love a sleek and modern looking case!