2.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

you don't have to have acne to use this wash. you just have to want smooth, poreless skin. like that porcelain kind. they're a lot of negative reviews for this wash. i am speechless. i have the most sensitive skin in the world, but this stuff never bothered it. i don't have acne anymore, thank goodness, but still I suffer from clogged pores, enlarged pores. i don't know why, just the way it is. i really don't even wear that much makeup. still, they persist. this cleanser cleans out the pores, over time, and will shrink them because when they are clean and empty, they are small. this makes the skin much smoother and clearer looking. if i don't use this wash, the big pores come back. this is what i do. first, wash the face with mild cleanser, baby wash, just with hands. then i use a konjac (sp?) sponge by denco with this pink cleanser. i let the sponge get very soft first. i wash for about a minute to give this cleanser time to soak into the skin and clean the pores. then i rinse really really well. pat dry. when skin still damp i put on a variation of lotions or creams. sometimes serums. but always i put on a lotion or cream, usually clinique. i think the trick to this cleanser is to not use it twice a day. just use it once a day. if it causes too much dryness use it every other day. tinker around. also, put on a lotion afterwards. by no means let your skin stay without lotion after using this wash. it will dry it out too much. that being said, i've gone back to using it and after just five days now, my pores are so much clearer and smaller and my skin is a lot smoother and refined. this stuff is great.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

I wish I read reviews before buying it. Long story short, it makes you break out. I used it on the body, because it’s absolutely impossible to use on your face, and even as body wash it creates blemishes.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

This product is horrible. I used i for two days and on the hird i woke up with tiny burn bumps all over my face. My face was red and itchy for three days while burning when in the sun. It took about a week to heal and my entire fave peeled. If you want a cheap chemical burn/peel then this product is for you. TBH i dont even know how it can still be on the shelves its so harsh.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2.0

2 years ago

This product was harsh on my sensitive skin, causing me to break out in eczema after three days. It may smell nice, but this face wash will strip all the oils from your skin, so I would not recommend it to anybody with dry or sensitive complexions.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I tried this product based off of a few reviews I read. I will never buy or try another product unless I read the reviews on this site! This face wash was terrible. I used this twice. My face was red and sooooo dry! I normally have oily skin. It felt like my face was burned. It is very harsh on the skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

from

2 years ago

I think this is the same product I use but in Finland the name is Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash. The product is deep cleansing and tends to dry out my skin but that's what moisturisers are for. Anyways, this product in the only thing I've found that gets rid of my blackheads (in combination with Olivia Klein's Hydra Lotion which is a very light and lovely moisturizer). Smells awesome!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I've been using this for a few years now as my skin moves from very oily, (54) with constant breakouts to more combination skin as I age. I love the smell, and no, I don't like fragrance normally, but it is washed off. My dermatologist recommended this for me and it's been a holy grail. I never, ever scrub with it. I use my fingers gently and move it around, following it with a Witch Hazel, alcohol free toner, to get it all off. I blot between with a towel. It has not irritated my skin, but it has helped remove some of my small bumps and has never caused irritation, or burning. I just love this and I know it's not the most popular on the market, but for the money and the recommendation, it's been perfect for me.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

2 years ago

This stuff is toxic ☠️LOL they should print a freaking poison symbol on this crap ???? ☠️! Read all the bad reviews on this garbage & believe them !& you should look ???? @ all the bad reviews on their neutrogena website too & check out how this poison stuff messed up people's faces & it's interesting how neutrogena responds by saying " this is not typical please call us " in fact so many people have complained that it's bad so it is typical! ????LOL! I have fairly oily skin & with using this facial cleanser I barely survived it Bc it's really drying! Same garbage as their orange acne face wash! Yuck!

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

What's up with Neutrogena's Grapefruit line of skin care?! Just like their grapefruit moisturizer, this cleanser made my skin feel liek it was burning and angry. I'm so upset that this product is still available! It needs to be discontinued ASAP. I've found so many complaints about this cleanser and the grapefruit moisturizer as well, and they have both been around for years despite the reactions. SHAME on Neutrogena for continuing to carry toxic products.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

This cleanser is way, way too harsh; I have sensitive skin, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it for any skin type due to the harshness and the heavy fragrance. Even when my skin was less sensitive this really dried my face out and caused way more problems than it could have solved. It does smell nice, but face stuff doesn't need to smell nice--it needs to not wreck my face. I'd honestly just recommend staying far away from this product.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm