Chanel Le Crayon Levres in Cardamone

No Image

4.8

on 8/15/2011 5:35:00 PM

Have probably tried 90% of lip liners sold in U.S. & Europe, but Chanel's is definitely my fave! Staying power is unmatched, is smooth, and shade choice is good. Cardamone is ideal for Fall/Winter, as is darker than i need in summer. Nice shade~ brownish~red, w/a bit of plum. Main point is its staying power~ lasts through a meal, which is quite rare, doesn't spread, looks good for hours, and matches most lippies that are mauve, plum, or bronzey~pink.

I usually wear Nude, but it doesn't work well with corals, so I tried this one and it does the trick. Think of this as a lighter version of Nude, and without the shimmer. You will still get the definition you're looking for, but in a very natural way. I applied Chalys lipstick over it with a little Constellation gloss on top and it looks amazing.

I generally have not been a fan of lipliners, prefering to use a liner brush dipped into the specific lipstick I am using. However, over the past few months I have been shifting over to Chanel makeup and have liked everything I've purchased so I thought I'd give their lipliners a try.

My first purchase was Sienna/Roux and while I do like it it is a bit dramatice for daytime use so save it for evenings. I then thought I'd give "Nude" a try based on reviews here. When I got to my favorite Chanel counter at Lord and Taylor the very gracious SA agreed that "Nude" would be okay on my highly pigmented lips but also encouraged me to try "Cardamone". I was so prepared for this excursion that I brought along with me the lipsticks and glosses I use most often (Chanel Rose Secret, Romantic, Nars Stella, Giorgio Armani, Bobbi Brown Mauve) and although both "Nude" and "Cardomone" were good matches I ultimately decided to go with "Cardamone" because I did not like the slight shimmer I saw in "Nude".

Cardamone is a fabulous soft sort of pinky,rosy brown for me and works well with the lip colors I use. Goes on very softly and smoothly with a minimum of fuss. It definitely makes a difference in defining my lips as opposed to a simple lip liner brush and yet does not give me that lip liner look. This is a 'must have' for any age,esp. the 'over 50' set- it just helps create a beautiful lip and a polished face. Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/13/2008 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Cardamone shows up on my pigmented lips a deep blush red color, no orange or peach, pink as you might think. So I would call this a deep nude. It really makes me looked polished and it can tone down my brighter reds and pinks. I've been wearing it alone as a stain with lipbalm and a coat of clear gloss. My only gripe is the one I got, the cap on the lipbrush end of the pencil comes off at times in my purse.

Popular Lip Liners