Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

4.7

on 6/11/2009 3:14:00 PM

Brown Stone is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "silvery beige brown." I am more inclined to agree with the other posters here that it is more of a taupe shade -- sort of a grey and brown combo. It's really, really beautiful. It's both subtle and shimmery at the same time if that's possible. It's not too light and not too dark. Just perfect. I love Bobbi Brown shadows. I own them all, and this one is one of my favorites.

on 8/31/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got the good-sized sample of this that BB had for a while as a sample with purchase on her website. I wasn't sure I'd like it, since I don't like brown shadows generally or anything very glittery. But the metallic quality is very, very subtle, and this brown has so much gray in it that I can wear it quite well. In fact, it's become a shadow I turn to often, because it looks nice but not showy. I am green-eyed cool-toned. The gray cools the brown down enough for me.

on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Taupe lovers should not miss this one!

I bought a tiny sample size off eBay, just to try out the color, and I'm very pleased.

If you missed MAC's excellent Starflash shadow "Smoke & Diamonds," "Brown Stone" is probably about as near to a dupe as you're going to get.

"Brown Stone" is fairly smooth(though maybe not *quite* as smooth as Starflash), richly pigmented, with a silvery pearl-like sheen and no glitter.

The color of "Brown Stone" is a little difficult to describe. Medium-to-deep shimmery taupe is not quite adequate. " Brown Stone" is approximately equal parts brown and gray. "Smoky brown" is the best I can do. Yes, it *is* metallic, but not in an OTT way at all.There is shimmer, but it takes the form of a smooth, even sheen, featuring no glitter. It can easily be a daytime shadow.

It makes a lovely crease shade for my jade green eyes. Even though Bobbi Brown's full size shadows are a bit pricey, at $20 USD, I'll definitely consider a full size once my sample runs out. This is a color you don't see every day.
UPDATE/COLOR NOTE: I've had a chance to do some side by side comparisons, and "Brown Stone" doesn't look as much like "Smoke & Diamonds" as I'd first thought. It's not nearly as gray; "Brown Stone" is closer to MAC's "Satin Taupe." Since making this discovery, I've decided that I probably will not buy "Brown Stone" again; I prefer "Satin Taupe" by a small margin, and will just stay with it. continued >>