Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

4.8

This is a definite HG eyeshadow for me. I have blue eyes and pale skin, and this is everything I could ever want. Like all Bobbi Brown eyeshadows, it is extremely pigmented and it lasts forever, so I probably won't ever need to repurchase it (although if I do run out, I will). It's a shimmery taupe that really defines your eyes. I use it all over my eyelid and it looks great. SO quick and easy to apply. I love how you can buy the palette and choose to use them in the individual pans they come in or put them in the palette. No MAC eyeshadow compares to this, so even though it's a bit more expensive, I definitely recommend it.

I bought this eyeshadow at Murale for $26 CDN. Bobbi brown's site calls it a silvery beige brown and I guess that's sorta right....if you take out the beige. It's more of a silvery taupe brown. When you apply it you see a silver sheen and can be layered for more intensity. The formula is harder than say Stila's but I don't like overly soft eyeshadows because it makes it harder to pack on the color without having it on your undereye area. The packaging is bland but practical. It has a little window that shows you what shade it is and can also be popped into one of Bobbi Brown's customizable compacts. I like to pair this shade with MAC Smut, Style Snob, and Shroom for a taupey brown smokey eye. If you're a taupe lover, don't miss out on this one!

on 10/4/2009 10:42:00 AM

I wasn't sure about this color when I first bought it. As soon as I put it onthough I fell in love with it!!! It is a beautiful color!!! Love it!!!

When I received a sample of Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Brownstone I didn't think I could wear such a dark color on my lid. Wow, I was totally wrong! I learned that this product was designed to be 1) creaseless, 2) creamy in appearance, and 3) designed with a patented technology that allows you to build and layer this shadow to your designed intensity. So I can wear it very sheer or really build it up along my lashline. I feel like it applies best when it is pressed to the lid with my fingertip or a flat brush.

on 9/11/2008 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Brown Stone is a warm medium taupe, satin matte finish with slight shimmer. I like the new formulation, this one goes on like butter, pigmented and doesn't skip at all or flakes like some of her older shadows. I am using this as a wash of color but fairer skin can use this as a contour. I am sure you can also use this for shading cheeks or bronzer--its has enough brown in it.