Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

Filtered by age: 30-35
Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this eye shadow as a mini sample. It is basically a basic taupe color with some slight blue/silver metallic sheen to it. It is a good color to add to your outer V. As I didnt buy this product, I dun find this an interesting color. Think of this as a staple like a basic black eyeshadow which u use to complete a look rather than a beautiful looking eyeshadow. In fact I use this on my eye brow as I have extremely oily skin. After using this, I will use my eyebrow pencil for more definition. The reason why I wont repurchase this is bcos I have been using this color everyday for at least 1 yr and it is still 95% full. haha This is gonna last me forever. If I hit pan one day, I am just gonna buy refill pans from mac as they r cheaper than BB.

on 12/14/2009 3:06:00 AM

Since BB's metallic shadows last well on me, I work with the shadows' graininess & sheerness by applying with my fingers. Then, it's all fine. That said, in the line-up of boring colors, there's no stand-out except for Brown Stone. It is a surprisingly ugly color. The sheer yet darkish pigment, together with the shimmer particles, make an unattractive mess on my lids. BB does not do metaliics well. They remind me of the shadows in L'oreal's HIP duos. For the money, I expect more.

on 10/4/2009 10:42:00 AM

I wasn't sure about this color when I first bought it. As soon as I put it onthough I fell in love with it!!! It is a beautiful color!!! Love it!!!

on 9/29/2008 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Same color as the old formulation "Stone", but the powder does seem softer and creamier.