CLINIQUE Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

CLINIQUE Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

3.0

1 review

on 7/21/2009 1:22:00 AM

I also find it hard to believe that there aren't more reviews on this product. There are so many negative reviews on cliniques clarifying lotions because the regular one is alcoholic and can be harsh on the skin. It just seems that noone realises that there is a non-alcoholic version. I was classified as skin type 2 and I have tried the alcoholic version (with the green cap) but I wasn't a fan of the alcohol content. I find that because the clarifying moisture lotion is a lot tamer my skin didn't feel as clean afterwards, which is why I have opted for the type 3 version even though I was classified type 2. It just feels a little bit stronger and it feels like it does a better job. I don't mind the alcoholic version - but I really believe that step 2 of the 3 step program is really something that you need to tailor yourself. Don't just trust clinique to get it right. Get a tester first and ask for the sample bottles so that you can try a few types. I tried type 2 and type 3 alcholic and non-alcoholic. Only you can feel how it affects you and the effects are dramatically different. I believe that this is the most important thing to do before you buy and before you judge!! I found that even with the harshness of the alcoholic step 2, your skin does become accustomed to it after a while and a few days without it and your skin will feel really dirty and oily. Your skin should never be dependent on the product you use.The best thing about the moisture lotion is that it doesn't do this to your skin - it just lightly exfoliates it without dramatically changing the pH of your skin. The one thing I do not like about this product is that it has cheaper packaging and a smaller hole at the top for product to come out of. As I said before, this step is a difficult one to get right, and for that reason it is hard to judge whether it will be good for your skin, but once you do get it right you won't regret buying it.