Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

4.6

Sorry to completely disagree with another reviewer who rebukes users for not fully understanding this product. This product obviously IS available in the UK, otherwise I (and other British users) wouldn't have been using it for years. And it was never originally aimed at the Asian market, just at those with oily or combination skin. Finally, it certainly DOES need to be used with a moisturiser as any moisturising benefits are not enough on its own for most users. Most Clinique customers are sophisticated enough to know that this is a toner and mild exfoliating product but whether they can get used to the strength of this product is mainly down to time, patience and persistence. I stopped using this for a while and on returning to it was surprised at how strong it is - I thought I'd bought paint stripper in error when I first opened the bottle! But after a week of use my skin showed how great this product is in terms of reducing oiliness and improving the skin's texture. I don't care that it contains alcohol - most conventional toners do; I just need it to work for me and thankfully it does! Good value too, as a huge 400ml bottle lasts me at least 9 months used once a day.

on 6/20/2012 3:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

to be honest i was supposed to get #2 because i DONT have an oily face. but before i used it, i thought that it would balance out my thick impress emulsion and sunscreen.
so i used it today and my face isnt so oily like its used to be.
love it, only need 4 drops :D

on 3/31/2010 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

PERFECT, the best Clarifying of Clinique that i have used. I loved Clarifying lotion #3 (green cap) but sometimes when the weather got cooler, it dried my cheeks a bit. I was skeptical about toners which contains moisturize factor, Im afraid it would leave some sticky, greasy, n clogs pores. I was wrong!! With this Clarifying moisture #3, those horrible things never happens. I wonder why didnt I think of this sooner?! This toner do all the best of clarifying without harsh skin nor drying, n moisture skin so gently without any shiny or greasy appear. My skin after applying it is fresh, comfortable, incredibly soft and even like baby skin. How amazing a Clinique toner can be! Any toners that I ve use, even some premium brands as Estee lauder or Lancome are rubbish compare with this. And I love the package too, I like the bottle with silver cap, the bottles is clearly pink , the color comes from the package, the water inside is clear, no color or alcohol added, Thats a big plus. Now I found my HG toner, Will keep using this for the rest of my life. So happy :-D

on 7/21/2009 1:22:00 AM

I also find it hard to believe that there aren't more reviews on this product. There are so many negative reviews on cliniques clarifying lotions because the regular one is alcoholic and can be harsh on the skin. It just seems that noone realises that there is a non-alcoholic version. I was classified as skin type 2 and I have tried the alcoholic version (with the green cap) but I wasn't a fan of the alcohol content. I find that because the clarifying moisture lotion is a lot tamer my skin didn't feel as clean afterwards, which is why I have opted for the type 3 version even though I was classified type 2. It just feels a little bit stronger and it feels like it does a better job. I don't mind the alcoholic version - but I really believe that step 2 of the 3 step program is really something that you need to tailor yourself. Don't just trust clinique to get it right. Get a tester first and ask for the sample bottles so that you can try a few types. I tried type 2 and type 3 alcholic and non-alcoholic. Only you can feel how it affects you and the effects are dramatically different. I believe that this is the most important thing to do before you buy and before you judge!! I found that even with the harshness of the alcoholic step 2, your skin does become accustomed to it after a while and a few days without it and your skin will feel really dirty and oily. Your skin should never be dependent on the product you use.The best thing about the moisture lotion is that it doesn't do this to your skin - it just lightly exfoliates it without dramatically changing the pH of your skin. The one thing I do not like about this product is that it has cheaper packaging and a smaller hole at the top for product to come out of. As I said before, this step is a difficult one to get right, and for that reason it is hard to judge whether it will be good for your skin, but once you do get it right you won't regret buying it.

on 8/12/2008 10:43:00 AM

Not sure why no one has reviewed this, but I currently use the Clarifying *MOISTURE* Lotion #3. This is the silver cap one and is alcohol free. The Clarifying Lotion with alcohol has a green cap, for reference.

I have never tried the CL, but since this is alcohol free this does not sting my face at all. It is very soothing and works great as a toner after the Liquid Facial Soap. I'm unsure why Clinique calls this an exfoliator, but perhaps its due to its claim to speed up cell turnover. This is somewhat true: it makes my blemishes come to head faster and diminishes redness on my face. So overall, I really love this and it works great on my oily skin. I know that Clinique also makes a CML in #4 for combination-oily skin, but I don't know what difference it has to the one I'm using currently.