Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

Filtered by age: 19-24
Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion #3

on 6/20/2012 3:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

to be honest i was supposed to get #2 because i DONT have an oily face. but before i used it, i thought that it would balance out my thick impress emulsion and sunscreen.
so i used it today and my face isnt so oily like its used to be.
love it, only need 4 drops :D

on 3/14/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn typical 'Clinique breakout again' This is not a good toner. This does sink into my skin well and felt nice and refreshing on my skin in summer. But after 2 days my skin was soooooo oily and break outs everywhere. My skin is NEVER oily and this seemed to encourage more oil production which makes me think my skin was dried out from this product. Yet again let down by Clinique!! I still LOVe their Dramatically Different Gel in summer its a staple but thats it. I've tried soo many other products from them but nope, none have worked.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Great product! All the clarifying lotions are actually exfoliators allowing your serum/moisturizer penetrate deeper in the skin, easier! Fantastic. May have a slight tingling feeling which is the exfoliation. LOVE THIS!

on 3/31/2010 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought Clinique's whole 3-step skincare in number 3# except for the toner which I got the Clarifying MOISTURE Lotion #2 mid-june last year. The CML really works wonders for my skin. It sort of cleans it, makes it look more radiant and my skin just looks so much smoother that everyone has complimented me on it! Which is quite a feat I tell you since I have major scarring from acne during my teen years and it must take a huge difference for my family and friends to notice the changes and compliment me on my skin.

I've been using it religiously since I got it, so the whole set has pretty much run out and I just recently went out to buy a new set, but me being such an airhead, I got the wrong bottled toner 2# (I got the Clarifying Lotion 2# instead) and let me tell you, that thing broke me out so badly that I just stopped using that one after just one week and gave it to my mom. And I even bought the jumbo sized bottle of that crap! It was totally a waste of my money.

So if anything, definitely invest in the CML. It doesn't matter which skin type you are, just pick the CML for you. It'll help.

on 7/21/2009 1:22:00 AM

I also find it hard to believe that there aren't more reviews on this product. There are so many negative reviews on cliniques clarifying lotions because the regular one is alcoholic and can be harsh on the skin. It just seems that noone realises that there is a non-alcoholic version. I was classified as skin type 2 and I have tried the alcoholic version (with the green cap) but I wasn't a fan of the alcohol content. I find that because the clarifying moisture lotion is a lot tamer my skin didn't feel as clean afterwards, which is why I have opted for the type 3 version even though I was classified type 2. It just feels a little bit stronger and it feels like it does a better job. I don't mind the alcoholic version - but I really believe that step 2 of the 3 step program is really something that you need to tailor yourself. Don't just trust clinique to get it right. Get a tester first and ask for the sample bottles so that you can try a few types. I tried type 2 and type 3 alcholic and non-alcoholic. Only you can feel how it affects you and the effects are dramatically different. I believe that this is the most important thing to do before you buy and before you judge!! I found that even with the harshness of the alcoholic step 2, your skin does become accustomed to it after a while and a few days without it and your skin will feel really dirty and oily. Your skin should never be dependent on the product you use.The best thing about the moisture lotion is that it doesn't do this to your skin - it just lightly exfoliates it without dramatically changing the pH of your skin. The one thing I do not like about this product is that it has cheaper packaging and a smaller hole at the top for product to come out of. As I said before, this step is a difficult one to get right, and for that reason it is hard to judge whether it will be good for your skin, but once you do get it right you won't regret buying it.

on 8/12/2008 10:43:00 AM

Not sure why no one has reviewed this, but I currently use the Clarifying *MOISTURE* Lotion #3. This is the silver cap one and is alcohol free. The Clarifying Lotion with alcohol has a green cap, for reference.

I have never tried the CL, but since this is alcohol free this does not sting my face at all. It is very soothing and works great as a toner after the Liquid Facial Soap. I'm unsure why Clinique calls this an exfoliator, but perhaps its due to its claim to speed up cell turnover. This is somewhat true: it makes my blemishes come to head faster and diminishes redness on my face. So overall, I really love this and it works great on my oily skin. I know that Clinique also makes a CML in #4 for combination-oily skin, but I don't know what difference it has to the one I'm using currently.