LUSH Vanishing Cream

LUSH Vanishing Cream
LUSH Herbalism face wash & Vanishing Cream moisturBefore and after using Lush facial care products

3.4

Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) , Water (Aqua) , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Lavender Honey Water (Lavandula augustifolia) , Organic Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera) , Honey (Mel) , Stearic Acid , Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana) , Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Camella Oil (Camella japonita) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Neroli Oil (Citrus amara) , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Glycerine , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , *Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

This product is amazing. I have combo-dry sensitive skin with tendencies to have acne. started using this product about a year ago. I was told that I would love this product and they were right. The price seems steep at first but after putting into consideration EVERYTHING is hand made and sourced fair trade, its a very fair price. This is the only moisturizer that keeps my acne from reappearing due to its soothing and light consistency but moisturizing qualities. The one turn off I had was the fact that its geared for more oily types, but the woman told me that it is very misleading as it really caters to all skin types preferably combo acne prone. I admit the advertising is incorrect but the product is amazing. If you ask an associate if it will work for you they are usually spot on due to the extensive training they need just to work at the Lush stores.

on 12/17/2016 7:42:00 PM

I hve normal skin and i hate this product. Im only holding on to it that i can keep the jar and return it with my other enpty pots. Too bad, i really love Lush in general, most of theyre products are gens, too bad this one isint.

I have combination, sensitive, and acne prone skin heres my personal experience with this cream:

Pros:
-All natural ingredients
-Didn't break me out
-Vanishes like it says it would

Cons:
-Oily residue on skin that skin does not absorb
-Too strong smell that burnt my eyes when I used it
-Too much in a pot it was already off when I was only half way through
-Price is high
-Not good for oily skin or combination skin

I am currently in an amorous love affair with the lavender scent, so this may be a bit biased. I love this product as a summer moisturiser, as it is light but still does the job. My skin is VERY oily in summer, and is prone to breakouts and I find this product really calms things down. While the price is high, the pot lasts months, as I only use a little dollop.

The only downfall is the packaging! I hate how Lush packages their moisturisers in the signature pots; the cream always gets caught where the lid screws on, and goes crusty and gunky no matter how hard I try and keep it from happening. But, a small price to pay for radiant summer skin.

on 4/19/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using Vanishing Cream for about a month or two and it doesn't seem to break me out or improve my skin. It does moisturise well and I like to use it at night. I wake up with well-moisturised skin and it feels like it does sit on my skin and it doesn't really absorb into my skin much at first but I learnt to use it minimally (just a small dollop for the whole face). I do think this is overpriced for a bland product but if you have sensitive dry skin, your skin might like this even though the BA said its meant for oily skin.

on 2/9/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the third moisturizer from Lush that I've tried (the other two being Enzymion and Imperialis), and probably my favourite out of these three. Regarding the formula, I love that is has no cocoa butter, since that's an ingredient that I think my skin doesn't agree with. The idea of moisturizers that were made up from almost solely of oils and butters seemed a bit daunting to me the first time I tried a Lush moisturizer, but it's what's kept me going back for them. Despite my initial worry, my skin does not get oily/oilier, but rather more balanced and calmer. I love the naturalness of them. The main selling point beside the lack of cocoa butter is definitely how quickly this sinks into the skin (hence the name). It's almost instantaneous. I'm anything but a morning person and therefor always, always short on time in the mornings, which means I appreciate not having to wait for too long before being able to apply my makeup.

+ Basically as natural as you can go with a moisturizer (pure oils aside)
+ No cocoa butter, which can clog pores and create problems for acne prone skin (like mine)
+ Sinks into the skin very quickly, doesn't lay on top of your skin like a film
+ Feels truly moisturizing. Some day creams feel like they only mask the dryness, and when you wash it off you're right back where you started. This actually makes a difference to my skin that way.
+ Feels calming/balancing
+ Lasts me a pretty long time
+ With a slightly richer night cream, this works for me during the winter just as well as it does during the summer.

- Parabens (Personally I'm not a complete boycotter of parabens, but I like it when products are paraben free "just in case", you know?)
- Kind of a "meh" scent. Not bad, but also not very good. Not a big deal though, it's just a moisturizer after all.
- Unhygienic packaging. I use a spatula to minimize the transfer of bactera into the pot.
- A bit steep in price. I'm okay with the UK price, which is £18.95/$27, but if I want to pick this up at my local swedish lush store, I have to pay a whopping £32/$46!! Which is why I bought this when I was I London last year. Damn Lush and their realisation that they basically rule the cruelty free, natural market in Sweden and put prizes on their products accordingly..

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC/honey in Bobbi Brown/ 60 mat velvet Makeup Forever
Indian/oily skin

Very moisturizing! Its thick and a bit creamy, and ive only used it from a sample twice. I applied it last night and today i really did not need a moisturizer underneath my makeup.
Will return and update this week. So far im happy.

TIP: you may not want to stick fingers in the pot to use it. Buy a few spatulas, they are super cheap and dedicate it one.

on 12/29/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I see a lot of mixed reviews here but I can honestly say I love this product. It feels light weight and absorbs into your skin. I have combination skin. The secret I've found for any moisturizer is to apply it while your face is still damp so that it locks in the moisture.

on 8/14/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have oily skin (super oily) but I don't like this. It "vanishes" on my skin, it's like I didn't just put on moisturizer, my skin feels tight even after I put on a whole wack of this..it just vanishes. The last thing you want when you have oily skin is for your skin to feel tight, because we all now what that means....oil production galore.

I'm going to try returning this even though I lost my receipt and try something else. I've tried gorgeous (which I REALLY liked but its way too over priced), Imperialis (which is ok....), Enzymion (do you like whiteheads? because this will give you those), and Cosmetic Lad (not bad but no).

I feel like LUSH truly lacks in the moisturizer department.

Side note: ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GOOD MOISTURIZERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED (from lush or not)

on 8/13/2015 10:30:00 AM

As someone with dry/combo skin which is blemish prone with an oily t-zone, I live in a constant struggle of trying to find a moisturiser which is hydrating enough, but doesn't make my t-zone too oily or clog my pores.

I bought this moisturiser in the hope that something more natural might do the trick - sadly not.

When I first started using it, I did quite like it - it seemed hydrating enough, without making me oily, and the scent was fresh but not overpowering. It is quite a thick liquid and did leave a slight white cast on my face sometimes, but mostly it was ok.

The main issue I had with this was that after about 2 weeks of use, I broke out horribly around my jaw and on my forehead so I stopped using it. I can't be 100% certain that the breakout was a result of the moisturiser, but my skin cleared up again after I stopped using it, and I've been too scared to try it again since.

On another note: the packaging is awful. It's only available in a pot, which, aside from being unhygienic, is also a nightmare if you travel with it or drop it.