Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on lip pencil

Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on lip pencil

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The majority of my lip liners are Urban Decay's, and I find them to be of excellent quality. I'm really confused about the review immediately preceding mine. If you have a good quality sharpener, these pencils are a breeze to sharpen. I've never had an issue with lining and longevity. A real winner in my book!

on 6/29/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I found this product pretty disappointing for multiple reasons;
-Very difficult to sharpen into a point and create a precious and clean cut lip line.
-Not very pigmented at all, making it difficult to overlain the lips, only worked well if following natural lip shape.
-very hard to apply and dry leaving gritty feeling and look.

However great range of colours that match the lipsticks which is handy and good size, but would definitely opt for other brands over this, not worth the money.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this product, the thing that sold me on it when I was at the urban decays counter was the girl said to me " I cant believe I'm being paid to say this, but this is actually a kylie jenner colour". The shade was "1993" I just loved the colour the minute she tried it out on me and had to buy it. The only thing that was a turn off was the price, but that's because I hadn't yet tried it. Now I'm intrigued to start a collection beautiful colour, and the name really suits the shade.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While UD eye liners are very hit or miss for me, each of the UD lip liners I have ever tried have been winners for me. I have Rush, Naked, Liar, and now 1993. Naked is very versatile, Rush is great mauve-pink with a every so slight EVER SO SLIGHT shimmer, not glittery, just a nice very subtle shimmer, you really have to look for it, but it is there and is sneaky how flattering that very subtle shimmer is, even on my aging lips (45 years old). Liar is a pleasant surprise, warmer than I thought it would be. 1993 is great for that 'Kylie Jenner' lip look, but is also great to pair with almost any lipstick shade. It is a bit dark, kind of like a spice type shade, so bear that in mind if you do not like dark or spice type of shades, but I am NC12-NC20 and it works well for me. I think 1993 is the most versatile one that I have, and I feel it (1993) is also the shade that many skin tones can wear.

These all apply like a dream for me, very smooth, no tugging, and stay true to color. They make my lips just look 'better', not so much more defined, but just 'better'. Kind of like mascara for my lips, it is not necessary, but definitely makes things 'look better,' more pulled-together.

I am not really a fan of lip liners, in fact I tend to (and usually prefer to) avoid them like the plague, but these are such a delight, so easy to use, and they apply so nicely and the look is so much more 'pulled together', that I find myself surprisingly reaching for these often. Will definitely get more shades!!!

on 1/31/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Turn On, which is an ideal shade for my pigmented lips and fair skin. I had an Urban Decay makeup artist use this on me, and I found it to be beautiful, and I wanted to try lip liners, so I bought this. It is crazy expensive, but the formula and color is quite nice. I find it's smooth and glides on the lips nicely. It is also very long wearing and works very well paired with a lipstick that needs a little help in the wear department. However, I find it sharpens TERRIBLY. I have a new sharpener, and the tip is so soft it just gets smushed and the wood is hard to cut. I cry every time I have to sharpen this, because I just end up wasting so much expensive product. Again, I love the color and formula, but I would ultimately not repurchase because of the price and the packaging. There are cheaper lip liners out there that sharpen better or come in retractable that wear just as long. It's a great product to have and to try, but I don't find it to be worth the price unless they make this retractable.

on 9/24/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the formula of the pencil in general which is really one of the longest-lasting lip liners on the market.

PROS:

1. Lasts for hours, even if you drink coffee. The lipstick may wear off but the liner will stay.
2. Naked, Naked2, and Stark Naked are creamy and the pencil is smooth to apply.
3. It comes in a wide range of colors but I'm only familiar with three. Stark Naked is pure beige, so I can only wear it with nudes. Naked2 is similar to MAC Spice but not an exact dupe. Naked is a pink/nude that is close to a natural lip shade.

CONS:

1. $20 is kind of high.
2. You have to sharpen it.
3. Sometimes, because it's so soft, the tip gets dented or smushed.

Overall, this is one of the best long-wearing lip pencil formulas and worth a look to see if there's a good color for you.

UPDATE 2.5.16: In the Gwen Stefani Collection, I bought Ex-Girlfriend, a gorgeous dusty nude-rose shade. I LOVE it.

on 9/21/2015 11:28:00 AM

As much as I love the colors of the Urban Decay lip pencils, I really wish they went on smoother. I own Anarchy and I have to drag an pull this pencil aross my lips instead of a creamier application like their lipsticks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this lipliner in the colour "Mauve", mainly because it's one of the only good mauve-coloured lip pencils in the market despite very, very many mauve lipsticks. The lipliner is easy to apply, rich in colour, and lasts for several hours but it needs to be re-touched whenever the lipstick is being touched up as well.

on 4/25/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have recently started using Ozone to line the outside, Turn On to fill in and pretty much any lipstick over that...especially fond of Sheer Revolution in Lady flower!!
The staying power is just incredible. I've never had a lip liner last so long...even after eating.

on 4/21/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty new to lip liners but after trying these I'm so hooked. They're buttery soft, but not overly so where they wear off too quickly, they have great longevity, they apply easily without tugging or skipping, and the color range is great. Also, it doesn't dry out my sensitive lips as other lip liners have done (Charlotte Tilbury, MAC). I've been looking for a true baby pink color to wear with all my pale pink lipsticks and glosses and I finally found it within this range.

Native is exactly what I've been searching for... a light, pale neutral pink with a milky undertone. It's a beautiful color and doesn't wash out my pale NW10 skin. I use it to lightly line the outer edges of my lips and I also use it to fill in my entire lip. I love that it's opaque, so it covers my fairly pigmented lips perfectly, which is fantastic when I'm going for a truly pale lip.

I've been using this so much since I bought it about a month ago. Eventually I'd like to get a couple more liners from this line... maybe a beige/nude color and a medium rosy pink. Lovely range of color options so it won't be hard to find a few!

Popular Lip Liners