OPI Tickle My France-y

OPI Tickle My France-y

4.6

on 10/27/2017 7:16:00 AM

This is nice -- one of Opi's better consistencies, and an understated shade that works...well enough, for me.

But, overall, kind of underwhelming. It seemed to take ages to completely cure -- 24h later it was still easy to dent (I had yet to apply a top coat. For some reason, it took three coats, and not the two most have mentioned here, for opacity. I'm fair -- always the lightest or second lightest foundation shade -- and it doesn't look so much neutral/nude on me as it does a dark taupe. Other cool-toned pale sorts might feel like this is the polish equivalent of ye olde "suntan" pantyhose -- too dark and just not quite right...

L'Oréal's "Doutzen's Nude" has a better formula, and is very, very similar -- switched next to each other on white plastic it was hard to see a difference (except the L'Oréal went down in one smooth streak and the OPI pooled off to one side -- I only use two coats of the L'Oréal, which is silly-easy to apply). On the nails, "Doutzen's Nude" is slightly lighter, and more mauve, less brown, than "Tickle My France-y."

I tend to either wear stuff like rainbow-hued multicoloured nails OR "ladylike" conservative shades with little in between, so had high hopes for this as a new favourite for the "conservative" box o' polish. No dice; will keep buying the L'Oréal.

On the plus side: apart from it being prone to dents and taking too long to fully dry, the stuff lasts. After four days, there's only a *tiny* chip on an index finger, so small that I really had to hunt for it. (Two coats Essie "Millionails" underneath, gel-type topcoat, unfortunately unbranded, widely sold in Canadian Dollaramas in a black bottle with three other mini bottles of polish -- give the polishes to a little girl if you don't like the colours or whatever, and just buy the set for the amazing top coat!)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can honestly say this is the most beautiful nail color I have ever worn. It's a soft mauve nude that is perfect for any occasion, it's work appropriate but also soft and romantic enough to wear on a date night or special occasion. It's totally opaque with one coat, so It covers all discoloration or flaws, and its also a thin formula that flows easily, so it isn't streaky or patchy.

This lasted 12 days before the tips started chippng slightly, but it's been a full 14 days now and most of the color is intact and my nails still look nice.

Top this with Essie top coat, which does super quick and super hard, and you're good to go with a super flattering and long lasting color!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

OMG! This used to be my favorite nude, a pretty putty color. I just ordered it online to refill my stash & thought it was just the lighting in photos but, Tickle My France-y is mauve-dusty pink now?? What happened?! I first bought this in 2008 when it came out and it was a real neutral/nude because it was 90% nutty mocha with only a tinge of dusty pink [see: Hilyal's picture]. This new formulation is the reverse. I weep. New color is a 2, oldie is a 5!

I own around twenty nude polishes and this is my favourite (halfway done the bottle.) What prompted me to write this review is that for the past two months, this is the only colour I wore on my fingers. It's the perfect nude for my NC30 skintone. Always polished, elegant and with just enough pink to not look corpse-like (very important!) One layer is opaque for a subtle effect but two layers is what I normally do, more pink shines through. I don't wear a base coat or top coat and can get almost two weeks of wear without chipping. The only reason I take it off is because my nail beds are visible and then I can happily paint the same colour again. Will definitely repurchase, HG status.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hands down best nude color! I'm certainly not the best with applying nail polishes on myself but this ones a game changer! Love it!

What a beautiful perfect nude this is! Very pigmented and easy to apply, I use opi start to finish base/top coat and it looks like a professional did it! This color is versatile and would be suited for all occasions and seasons, gorgeous pinky mauve with slightly brown to it.. It's one of my favorites! Highly recommended a must for any collection!

on 3/6/2016 3:09:00 AM

I'd conservatively estimate that I've gone through 15-20 bottles of this in my life. Over the years I've found passable dupes (Deborah Lippmann's Modern Love, Marc Jacobs' Fluorescent Beige, Essie's Lady Like) but nothing completely matches TMFs balance of pink and beige, with a tiiiiiny bit of grey to cool it down. It's perfect. It goes with everything you'd ever want to wear. HG status.

I don't know why I'm late to the game on this one, probably because I rarely buy any of the pricier polishes. I figure just for a little more I might as well go get a gel manicure and be done for a few weeks. No more. Nail salon days are over.

Was feeling sorry for myself one day because I had spent too much on a sweater and told myself "no manicure this weekend" (first world problems, I know) so at Walmart I was kind of browsing for a dupe for my beloved favorite Sinful Colors "Bare" (a limited Valentine's edition from a couple years ago that I've never seen since). I swatched a few Sally Hansen and Essie and hated the consistency as usual, plus the nude colors were all too brown or too pink. Then voila, there was Tickle My France-y. Swatched it, and it dried VERY quickly (the others smeared all through the rest of my grocery shopping), went on so smoothly with great even coverage, and the color is to die for. Love at first sight.

I may love the actual color just a teensy bit less than Sinful Colors' "Bare" but I doubt I'll ever get my hands on another bottle of THAT. France-y's just an incredibly elegant shade for most skin tones though; I feel like a very subtle millionairess when wearing it. Love that I don't have to change it for different clothing. I'm glad to see it's been around for a while and probably won't get dropped from OPI's production line (fingers crossed) anytime soon.

The application and wear are really quite exceptional, plus as other people mentioned it's pretty wear-and-tear friendly since a chip isn't too terribly noticeable. I'll wear this as long as they make it! I only do two coats, then let it get pretty much dry before applying Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, which adds a gorgeous gel-like shine and it lasts quite well.

This is my go-to, lighter nude pink color I come back to again and again and again. (I've already gone through two bottles of this stuff.) It's a lovely pink that doesn't pull too baby-pink and isn't too peachy. I always get compliments when I wear it (medium to tan skin color/complexion). It's also one of those colors that when it starts to chip on me, isn't terribly noticeable so I tend to wear it when I want a low maintenance look.

OPI is known for its quality and this is no exception. Great color, very versatile and lovely to wear. I will definitely be buying this one again!

on 3/23/2016 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for the perfect nude creme continues! I thought for sure this one would be a slam dunk with so many great reviews from people with warm skintones. Sadly, Tickle My France-y does not flatter mine. It looks like pinky-brown putty and kind of makes me look like I have dirty fingernails. Maybe because my skin is only a little lighter than the polish? I'm not sure why this isn't working for me because normally I really like warm grays. Maybe it's the pink tones.

I can't speak to the lasting factor, but I will say that this polish has many good qualities as far as self-leveling and pigmentation goes. Streaking was minimal and it was opaque in two thin coats.

Popular Polishes