OPI Tickle My France-y

OPI Tickle My France-y

4.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

OMG! This used to be my favorite nude, a pretty putty color. I just ordered it online to refill my stash & thought it was just the lighting but Tickle My France-y is mauve-dusty pink now?? What happened?! I first bought this in 2008 when it came out and it was a real neutral/nude because it was 90% nutty mocha with only a tinge of dusty pink. This new formulation is the reverse. I weep.

What a beautiful perfect nude this is! Very pigmented and easy to apply, I use opi start to finish base/top coat and it looks like a professional did it! This color is versatile and would be suited for all occasions and seasons, gorgeous pinky mauve with slightly brown to it.. It's one of my favorites! Highly recommended a must for any collection!

To Read all 241 Reviews, Login or Join

I own around twenty nude polishes and this is my favourite (halfway done the bottle.) What prompted me to write this review is that for the past two months, this is the only colour I wore on my fingers. It's the perfect nude for my NC30 skintone. Always polished, elegant and with just enough pink to not look corpse-like (very important!) One layer is opaque for a subtle effect but two layers is what I normally do, more pink shines through. I don't wear a base coat or top coat and can get almost two weeks of wear without chipping. The only reason I take it off is because my nail beds are visible and then I can happily paint the same colour again. Will definitely repurchase, HG status.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hands down best nude color! I'm certainly not the best with applying nail polishes on myself but this ones a game changer! Love it!

I don't know why I'm late to the game on this one, probably because I rarely buy any of the pricier polishes. I figure just for a little more I might as well go get a gel manicure and be done for a few weeks. No more. Nail salon days are over.

Was feeling sorry for myself one day because I had spent too much on a sweater and told myself "no manicure this weekend" (first world problems, I know) so at Walmart I was kind of browsing for a dupe for my beloved favorite Sinful Colors "Bare" (a limited Valentine's edition from a couple years ago that I've never seen since). I swatched a few Sally Hansen and Essie and hated the consistency as usual, plus the nude colors were all too brown or too pink. Then voila, there was Tickle My France-y. Swatched it, and it dried VERY quickly (the others smeared all through the rest of my grocery shopping), went on so smoothly with great even coverage, and the color is to die for. Love at first sight.

I may love the actual color just a teensy bit less than Sinful Colors' "Bare" but I doubt I'll ever get my hands on another bottle of THAT. France-y's just an incredibly elegant shade for most skin tones though; I feel like a very subtle millionairess when wearing it. Love that I don't have to change it for different clothing. I'm glad to see it's been around for a while and probably won't get dropped from OPI's production line (fingers crossed) anytime soon.

The application and wear are really quite exceptional, plus as other people mentioned it's pretty wear-and-tear friendly since a chip isn't too terribly noticeable. I'll wear this as long as they make it! I only do two coats, then let it get pretty much dry before applying Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, which adds a gorgeous gel-like shine and it lasts quite well.

on 3/23/2016 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for the perfect nude continues! I thought for sure this one would be a slam dunk with so many great reviews from people with warm skintones. Sadly, Tickle My France-y does not flatter mine. It looks like pinky-brown putty and kind of makes me look like I have dirty fingernails. Maybe because my skin is only slightly lighter than the polish? I'm not sure why this isn't working for me because normally I really like warm grays. Maybe it's the pink tones.

I can't speak to the lasting factor, but I will say that this polish has many good qualities as far as self-leveling and pigmentation goes. Streaking was minimal and it was opaque in two thin coats.

on 3/6/2016 3:09:00 AM

I'd conservatively estimate that I've gone through 15-20 bottles of this in my life. Over the years I've found passable dupes (Deborah Lippmann's Modern Love, Marc Jacobs' Fluorescent Beige, Essie's Lady Like) but nothing completely matches TMFs balance of pink and beige, with a tiiiiiny bit of grey to cool it down. It's perfect. It goes with everything you'd ever want to wear. HG status.

This is my go-to, lighter nude pink color I come back to again and again and again. (I've already gone through two bottles of this stuff.) It's a lovely pink that doesn't pull too baby-pink and isn't too peachy. I always get compliments when I wear it (medium to tan skin color/complexion). It's also one of those colors that when it starts to chip on me, isn't terribly noticeable so I tend to wear it when I want a low maintenance look.

OPI is known for its quality and this is no exception. Great color, very versatile and lovely to wear. I will definitely be buying this one again!

on 9/20/2015 5:29:00 PM

I bought this colour after wanting a break from gel polish. I'd been getting the same colour at the salon for months and my nails needed a break so I went out and found this as a substitute.

It's a really flattering shade which is wearable even from just one coat depending on what kind of finish you prefer. One coat provides a sheer rose, and more coats comes up as a darker nude pink - very wearable for every day.

I would recommend letting each layer dry as best as possible, as when applying thickly it can take a while to dry. I've made the mistake of painting my nails before bed and waking up with the imprint of the sheet in my nails - but I think this applies to most nail polishes and isn't enough to deduct from the product itself.

As with all OPI polishes that I've tried this is a very well pigmented product which applies evenly and easily. Definitely my go-to everyday polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I will never get tired of this polish. It is perfect in every way. Application is a dream with self-evening texture. Finish is semi-glass with fantastic shine. Longevity is fantastic like gel polishes.

Popular Polishes