Mennen - Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry - Shower Fresh

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/5/2015 5:15:00 PM

I've been using this for a few years and really like it. Although I would prefer unscented, the shower fresh isn't too obnoxious. However I just realized that it is the culprit for bleach/staining a couple of my t-shirts, both 100% cotton hecho in Mexico. I have a spot on a favorite taupe brown shirt that I couldn't figure out where it came from because I don't use bleach due to having well water. It's midway down the side of the shirt.
I recently got a new t-shirt that is a sort of grey/olive/taupe color and both of the pits have these bleached out orange-y color spots, the same exact color as the other shirt has. And I'm sure that it rubbed off when I was putting the shirt on. I have washed that shirt many times and it does not come out. It looks like it is bleached. I have not noticed this on any black shirts, which is the majority of my wardrobe. I'm going to pay close attention to making sure that I let it "dry" before putting on other shirts until I can figure this out. My bras has the chalky white stuff, typical of these invisible deodorants. I just can't imagine what else could be doing this.
Has anyone else had a problem with it ruining clothes?

on 6/20/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love the scent of this. It's really tangy and sweet and feminine. Also, the formula keeps me dry without making my pits peel like a lot of other antiperspirants. The one problem I had was this thing cracking and crumbling. I don't know if I twisted it up too much or what, but that never happened to me before. I would repurchase this.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Just repurchased today... Was looking thru deodorants at the supermarket to buy a new one and decided to stock with this one. I've used 2 sticks up and I'm happy with how well it works for the cheap price ($1.98 compared to some others at $3-4 bucks). I'm a sweaty girl and feel this leaves me smelling fresh all day and as dry as a non-clinical antiperspirant could possibly. It's great and I think I'll probably continue repurchasing indefinitely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate this scent! In my opinion it smells horrible, almost like a Powder Fresh which I can not use due to the overwhelming scent of Baby Powder. I had to use this product for a few days until I ordered my favorite discontinued Lady Speed Stick deodorant in Satin Pear on the internet. I do not recommend this deodorant scent!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lady speed stick is the only antiperspirant I have used for the past few years. It's great because it's solid, so it's dry straight away and you don't have to breath in deodorant fumes like you would with a spray on. In Australia (where I live) this is now the only solid stick brand I can find. There used to be others like Dove etc, but there hasn't been for a while now. I can't understand how people put on roll on and then wait around for it to dry. This also goes on clear and stays clear. I never have issues with white marks on my clohts. The fragrance is light and pleasant. I would like to see them do an invisible and hair minimising version, it's not that important to me, but why not have all in one. This doesn't make my skin dry, and it does do it's job in stopping sweat under the arms. It's a winner!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I finally found my HG deodorant! This deodorant delivers in all of the following departments:

Scent- a fresh, beautiful, universally flattering baby powder scent which isn't too strong.

Sweat Control- the powdery texture adequately controls sweat and glides on.

No white residue- even when I wear black clothing(!)

Durability- lasts ALL day, even through exercise and sweat.

Cost- only costs the equivalent of 5 dollars! Not only will I repurchase, I'll be stacking up!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this deodorant!

Quality: Amazing. Leaves my armpits feeling smooth, soft, and hydrated (if that's even possible). Glides right on.

Longevity of Antiperspirant: Lasts forever. I've put this on during a hot summer day, and woken up the next morning, 24 hours later, with absolutely no sweat.

Longevity of Deodorant: Lasts about as long as the antiperspirant part. Start to smell a little bit, but only if you stick your nose right up next to my armpit, which I doubt anyone will want to do.

Packaging: Icky. Really not crazy about the packaging, but I'm pretty picky. I got Dove Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea deodorant before because I loved the packaging (and the smell!), which was a huge mistake, because all though it smelled and looked great, it was a pretty crummy deodorant/antiperspirant.

White Marks?: If you overapply, you will get white marks. Before getting dressed, just make sure that there is no white powdery stuff on your armpit. If there is, just wipe it off, get dressed, and you won't have white marks!

Scent: Eh. Smells like average fresh deodorant. I wish there was more of a variety when it came to scents. It doesn't smell great, but it doesn't smell horrible. Definitely not as amazing as my Dove, though!

Price: $3.49 @ CVS. Pretty low-average price for deodorant.

Availability: Available pretty much everywhere (I think).

Overall, I would highly recommend this deodorant. I give it 4.5 stars, but not quite 5, because the packaging and scent leave something to be desired. Run, don't walk, to pick up this deodorant, especially if Dove or Secret deodorant doesn't work for you!

My top pick for a deodorant! Many of stick solids claim to stay on clear on black, but this is the only one that does not leave thick streaks on my shirt when turned inside-out. There is a slight powder residue, but it is easily wiped off. Has a great shower-fresh scent, and you can purchase a stick for only 99 cents. What a deal!

on 6/12/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very inexpensive, good quality deodorant. Comes in various scents and unscented. Minimal white residue. Long lasting.

on 6/23/2005 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm pretty pleased with this. Nice smell, good odor and wetness protection, very cheap. It does go on clear as long as you don't overapply it. I would like something a bit stronger, but I don't know of anything better right now. I actually wish I would have found it sooner, but they put it in an ugly container. If they would make it prettier on the outside, I think it would be more popular. For example, it's way, way better than anything Secret makes, but Secret has nicer containers.

Popular Other Products