Lancome Powerhouse Oscillation

2.7

on 2/18/2016 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Let's face it: Who doesn't wish for a 5.6 earthquake to hit just as you're about to apply your eye makeup? With Powerhouse Oscillation Mascara you can experience that initial glamorous tremor, and every gorgeous aftershock, every time you wear makeup. No more do you need 2 cups of coffee to get that hand shaking just right...this vibrating wand provides the jitters for you! ("7,000 oscillations per minute"...because nothing less will do). If, like me, your wrist can shake only 6,999 oscillations per minute after 4 shots of espresso, this brilliant vibrating wand will give you eyelashes you've only dreamed of having. All the smudge, without 18 trips to the restroom! Extend the fabulous experience by using a water flosser, sonic toothbrush, and a laser comb! Wishing Good Vibrations to all!

This is super expensive - horribly so...but it is worth it. I have tried countless mascaras and this is the best for lengthening. It is fabulous. I am aamzed people have said it flakes, because it doesn't on me. It doesn't clump lashes and best of all doesn't dry out like other mascaras do - often within weeks. I know you should replace a mascara every 6 months but my Lancome oscillation is still fine after maybe 8-9 months. I will replace it soon as it is not quite as effective as it once was - but it is still brilliant.
Believe me I have tried so many mascaras and for lengthening this is the best. Cheaper versions dry up and end up clumping.

on 7/17/2010 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product maybe 6 months ago. The first two times i used it I didn't like it. I just used it the other day and I firgured out how to use it correctly. You just hold it in one place and the vibrating does all the work for you. I have absolutely no clumps and my lashes get length and the brush is just like my pharmacy HG mascara l'oreal volume shocking mascara. Even though it is a bit pricey, I'm very happy with the results. I just got the wrong color. This may be my HG mascara after thinking about it.

on 5/15/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this from HSN since I had been wanting to try this new delivery system plus I knew I could get a quick refund (or at least minus the $6.95 return processing fee). I tried to use this a few days and then skipped some days, the mascara was not great, clumpy, heavy, flaky and the oscillating method did nothing for me, I would curl my lashes and this would flatten them back out. It went right back since the price was outrageous ($36) and the product was not.

Love, love, LOVE this mascara! I got a free one from where I work and was very excited to try it as, let's face it, Lancome isn't a brand I would usually splash out on...and would definitely not have bought it if I'd not tried it before. I was not disapointed, as soon as I tried it it was like instant fake lashes. Really long and thick...but not clumpy. Don't go from side to side like a normal mascara...that's what the vibrations are for! Perfect long lashes and immediately replaced my Benefit Bad Gal Lash as my number 1 mascara. However, I have found that putting Bad Gal Lash over the top gives an even more defined look...but I only do that for a night out.

I would love to use this product again after it runs out...but I am put off by the price. Although I will probably end up convincing myself to buy it again! Love it.

on 2/7/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The product I am reviewing is the Lancome Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Power Mascara but the waterproof version. I don't know how different it is from the original but all I know is that it has immediately become my favorite mascara. Definitely HG. I figured out quickly not to treat it as a regular mascara by wriggling it across my lashes, instead slowly swipe it through the lashes and let the vibrations coat the formula to your lashes. WOW! Instantly looks like you've put false lashes on and absolutely no fallout! I recommend this mascara to everyone!!!

on 1/2/2010 1:22:00 AM

I hate this mascara. clumps, messy, and expensive.
It seemed really cool. but I really think its a waste of money

on 1/17/2009 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is definitely different. There is a special way to apply it though... do don't want to wiggle it back and forth on your lashes as you will get clumps. It definitely helps apply more mascara on your lashes without having to do a lot of coats. The formula is pretty nice too. Definitely make my lashes stand out a lot more and almost looked like I was wearing falsies. The one thing I hate about it is it tickles so bad. You can really feel it vibrate. Its definitely worth trying out. Yes it is a gimmick, but it does work when used properly.

I've even used the brush it comes with to apply other mascara formulas and it really makes a difference in applying more product on your lashes.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the worst mascara I have used. Flaked so bad my mother thought I had a black eye. Went back to Macy's today. She took it back, no questions asked and said others had the same problem.

on 12/19/2008 1:52:00 PM

I really hate this mascara. The vibrating brush is difficult to control and I find it clumps and sticks lashes together. The result is lackluster at best. It's also expensive and the packaging is blah. Save your money.

Popular Mascaras