FingerPaints Plum Crazy

FingerPaints Plum Crazy

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/18/2011 3:00:00 AM

This is one of my favorite polishes. I got it for a steal, and got distracted by some new OPI shades. When I finally got around to putting it on, I was amazed...it was the perfect purple. The color is outstanding and the shimmer is perfect.

The only pic I see loaded here at MUA is not a great example of the color. I googled to find a picture that best represents it, and this is what I found (not mine):

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've stayed away from the color purple since the 90s. That's a looong time. It's not been the most flattering on me and finding the right one is tricky and can become expensive and wasteful. I'm glad I stepped outside the box with this one.

It looks more plum at some angles and more purple in others. It's very shimmery. I can't think of anything that's a dupe to it because I don't have like colors in my collection. As far as the wear, I've only had 2 coats of this color on my tips for the past five days and only had some tip wear. I didn't put any top or base coat on with this because initially I applied it for picture taking purposes.

Also, for those who are concerned about polishes having the "big 3" in them-- well this is without the "big 3"--Toluene, Formaldehyde, and DBT. It still has formaldehyde resin. As far as application, out the bottle on the first try it applied smoothly as it's chemically good predecessors. I noticed when I used it for a pedi a couple of days later it was a tiny bit thickened. I had to add a bit of thinner to it. That's what made me peel back the label to see if the formula was changed. I've included pictures to show a more accurate color description.

Despite the formula change, I will continue to buy FingerPaints as it seems they got it right. Regarding the repurchase of this item, I know it's LE for Fall '08, yes, I would.

Full Size Image