Avon MagiX Face Perfector

Avon MagiX Face Perfector
SmoothMinerals Powder+Kabuki, magix face perfectorMagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 6/10/2017 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this as a primer everyday on my T zone. It keeps my face matte and i've noticed that it covers up my pores, so my foundation goes on very smooth. I love that it is lightweight and a little goes a long way.

on 3/20/2017 7:59:00 PM

This primer is a very, very light weight cream that blends to a powder feel. My skin looks amazing with this by itself, but what really impresses me is how matte and beautiful my foundation looks on top. This primer makes my makeup look amazing literally all day.

on 2/11/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The product is a smooth, white cream which blends nicely on the skin.

It doesn't feel oily like some primers. Make up blends beautifully on top, however this product just doesn't have the staying power to keep my make-up put all day (I have oily skin so this is a challenge). The Body Shop do a similar product at exactly the same price (£14) which is 100x better.

on 10/24/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Already repurchased a few times, I try to never leave home without it! Excellent for keeping my skin matte, rarely need to blot or touch up. I only apply it to my nose, chin, & forehead. Convenient packaging & usually about $8 from Avon.

I tried Avon Magix Face Perfector SPF 20 at home under Avon Extra Lasting cream to powder foundation at home as a trial before I ever used it going out because I wanted to see how it might do as I have not had good luck with any Avon foundation to date. It comes out the tube as a peachy colored primer. The texture is nice and comparable to other primers I have used. It goes on smoothly and easily but the smell is intense. I wanted to try this because of the convenience of a sunscreen and a primer in one. There was no blurring effect as with some better primers, nor is there any filling in of fine lines on the face when foundation is applied over it. I feel this primer didn't wear well and didn't do its job as a primer. It showed an oil-like sheen through the foundation and slipped over my skin so I don't recommend this just for its sunscreen properties. This product was a waste of my time and money. I only used this once so I can't really say if it's irritating to skin but the one time wear for me didn't cause any additional acne breakout or redness. I would NOT recommend to a friend. 👎🏻

on 8/22/2016 12:37:00 PM

The worst prime so far. It makes my skin oily and then the foundation just disappears. Cause of the sun factor protection, I only use it in the beach.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not the worst primer in the world, but I forgot about it, found it again, and have used it the past few days. I remember now why it sunk to the bottom of the pile, so to speak. It has SPF 20, which I love. I use SPF 50 anyway, but if I missed a spot, nice to have coverage. The product does have a terrible funk, like a strange play dough with a twist of fruit cocktail and it doesn't linger so much as I catch whiffs of it throughout the day. It gives a very attractive mattifying and unifying look to the skin at first.

The deal breaker is that six hours in, I look like a sweaty, greasy mess. I don't look like that without primer, so this definitely is not a functional primer. I had a tube in a previous formulation that I remember liking better, so this is a bummer.

on 6/18/2016 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

Honestly, this just didn't work for me. It didn't improve the longevity of my foundation at ALL. In fact, when I wore this with my liquid foundation, my foundation would just slide into my pores? I never, ever, have this problem with any other primers.
I do like to use this primer under powder foundation though, as powder sets the primer to stop it from moving! It's just a very odd and slippery primer.
In the end I wouldn't repurchase this primer, as I have bought cheaper primers that do a better job. I didn't appreciate the spotty foundation look that this primer created by sliding into my pores...

on 5/4/2016 4:54:00 PM

One of the worst primers I've ever used. Odd smell and a thick, cement like texture that does absolutely nothing for the look or longevity of my foundation, with the added bonus of a burning sting on application. I stuck with it for a week, but my foundation looks better and lasts longer without it! Price is good, but there's better on the market in the same bracket. My advice is to avoid. Strenuously.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this from a former co-worker a few years back. I will preface this by saying for me, Avon is one company whose products seem to irritate my skin, so I should have known better and went with my gut. But, trying to help out a co-worker, you know how that goes (maybe..?)!! Anyhow, I just saw it reviewed on a search for another primer and wanted to add my thoughts/experience on this.

First off, this has an odd scent to me that bothers my nose (kind of like floral or rose meets chemicals..? just a very odd scent that bothered my nose..) and I detect the scent for a good while after application. Secondly, this did nothing as far as a primer goes. Did not make my makeup last any longer nor did it make my colors pop/ appear more pigmented, did not even out my skin tone nor blur my pores not even in the slightest. Also, not sure if they changed the formula, but it was to mattify, and though this did dry my skin, I still got shiny within a couple of hours of wearing this, which was faster than not wearing this. So my guess is it was too drying for my skin and my skin produced more oil to over-compensate.

This also was just uncomfortable to wear, I literally felt it 'sitting' on my skin and it just itched my skin a bit and my skin just felt 'irritated' when wearing this. Probably not great for those with sensitive skin, but maybe some with sensitive skin can wear this, as everyone is different. Lastly, this clogged my pores and gave me those deep down, very painful pimples. Perhaps this has been re-formulated, but for me, this was a pass.