Avon MagiX Face Perfector

Avon MagiX Face Perfector
SmoothMinerals Powder+Kabuki, magix face perfectorMagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 5/4/2018 2:50:00 PM

I quite like this primer even tho I wouldn’t recommend it if you live in a hot humid weather, goes perfect in those cooler days when you want something that’s nourishing that gives you a soft canvas to work your makeup on top. The texture of this product it’s really lightweight and airy (It isn’t oil free that’s why I use it when my skin is drier) once you blend it into the skin it sets to a soft powdery feel and actually does a little bit of blurring in my pores and texture(Lines and acne scars) it makes my foundation glide on effortlessly and I would say it helps the longevity of it. Overall I would repurchase and recommend this to you but only if you have dry/dehydrated skin and want something that smooths texture while giving a little bit of help in wear time for your makeup on top

on 11/11/2017 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got this I didn't really like it because I used it with liquid foundation. However, after reading some reviews I realized it's best used with powder foundation. I tried it out and I absolutely love it. It helps your powder stay on much longer than without primer and helps adhere the powder to your face without looking cakey.

on 9/30/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I just got this and it really works great...My face looks instantly better right when I put it on....Definitely feels like a younger face lol...I'm 47.I don't look really old YET.....but this evens my skin out and it's more supple.

on 6/10/2017 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this as a primer everyday on my T zone. It keeps my face matte and i've noticed that it covers up my pores, so my foundation goes on very smooth. I love that it is lightweight and a little goes a long way.

on 3/20/2017 7:59:00 PM

This primer is a very, very light weight cream that blends to a powder feel. My skin looks amazing with this by itself, but what really impresses me is how matte and beautiful my foundation looks on top. This primer makes my makeup look amazing literally all day.

on 2/11/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The product is a smooth, white cream which blends nicely on the skin.

It doesn't feel oily like some primers. Make up blends beautifully on top, however this product just doesn't have the staying power to keep my make-up put all day (I have oily skin so this is a challenge). The Body Shop do a similar product at exactly the same price (£14) which is 100x better.

on 10/24/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Already repurchased a few times, I try to never leave home without it! Excellent for keeping my skin matte, rarely need to blot or touch up. I only apply it to my nose, chin, & forehead. Convenient packaging & usually about $8 from Avon.

I tried Avon Magix Face Perfector SPF 20 at home under Avon Extra Lasting cream to powder foundation at home as a trial before I ever used it going out because I wanted to see how it might do as I have not had good luck with any Avon foundation to date. It comes out the tube as a peachy colored primer. The texture is nice and comparable to other primers I have used. It goes on smoothly and easily but the smell is intense. I wanted to try this because of the convenience of a sunscreen and a primer in one. There was no blurring effect as with some better primers, nor is there any filling in of fine lines on the face when foundation is applied over it. I feel this primer didn't wear well and didn't do its job as a primer. It showed an oil-like sheen through the foundation and slipped over my skin so I don't recommend this just for its sunscreen properties. This product was a waste of my time and money. I only used this once so I can't really say if it's irritating to skin but the one time wear for me didn't cause any additional acne breakout or redness. I would NOT recommend to a friend. 👎🏻

on 8/22/2016 12:37:00 PM

The worst prime so far. It makes my skin oily and then the foundation just disappears. Cause of the sun factor protection, I only use it in the beach.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not the worst primer in the world, but I forgot about it, found it again, and have used it the past few days. I remember now why it sunk to the bottom of the pile, so to speak. It has SPF 20, which I love. I use SPF 50 anyway, but if I missed a spot, nice to have coverage. The product does have a terrible funk, like a strange play dough with a twist of fruit cocktail and it doesn't linger so much as I catch whiffs of it throughout the day. It gives a very attractive mattifying and unifying look to the skin at first.

The deal breaker is that six hours in, I look like a sweaty, greasy mess. I don't look like that without primer, so this definitely is not a functional primer. I had a tube in a previous formulation that I remember liking better, so this is a bummer.