Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

2.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This made absolutely no difference to either the application or longevity of my foundation.

on 5/25/2012 1:03:00 PM

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Kind of have a love hate relationship with this product! I love how it keeps my face looking flawless for the entire day but hate that texture and smell of it... I'm sensitive to fragranced products but this doesn't really break me out or anything but everytime I put it on I get scared because 'm sensitive to scents. Also the texture is no the usual primer texture... it's really watery which feels weird at first but it's really refreshing after like 20 seconds! So yeah if you don't have a problem with smells than I really highly recommend this for you because it's gorgeous ^_^

on 6/4/2011 5:19:00 PM

It definitely broke my skin out. Nothing special. Too silicony for my combination skin. Also, mosttimes myskin feels irritaded the moment i wear it.

on 5/9/2011 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

yes, it really controls the oilness on my face (i use it under hd foundation), helps to last my make up much more better during the day even when it is summer, i don't feel it on my face. But in the evening when i put off my make up, my combination oily skin is dry, hd primer burns my face, i see redness, i dislike this feelings. This primer works, that is why i use it but only on special event. I have two small free bottles but i won't buy the full size.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the foundation, blush, and powder in the MUFE HD line, but this primer is garbage. It settles into lines (i'm 18, i shouldn't have lines, and don't without this product on) It makes my skin so oily and dewy which i absolutely hate. I like a matte finish, this product does nothing and goes by quickly. I have combo/dry oily skin. This stuff just isn't for me and it definitely does not make my make up last, it actually makes me need to keep dabbing it down because a shiny oil field is reflecting off of my face.

I'm glad this isn't the first primer I ever used or I would have never tried another one. What I'm gathering from the reviews is that this works on certain skin types. I have moderately oily skin and it does NOT work for me. When I put my MUFE HD foundation over it I didn't get the usual amazing looking skin I do when I used the smashbox primer. And 5 hours later it looks like I'm not wearing foundation at all. Bummer. I do really LOVE the MUFE foundation and concealer though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Might buy again. This is comparable to other Primers out there. It does have a scent, kind of that flowery skincare cream scent you find in lancome products. So if you don't like scents, stay away. the primer itself does the job, especially under the HD Makeup. I would say it's better than average but not the HG in primers. It's lightweight, breathable and sinks in well. the one thing I was hoping it would do, was hide my pores a bit more. Needless to say, it failed in that regard. I think Benefit makes a better and cheaper primer for those of us with enlarged pore issues. I'll keep this around for better skin days.

Update: I'm returning this to Sephora. For the price, it's not worth it. This stuff dissipates off my face within a few hours and I look like I got nothing on at all. Very disappointing, but for the price, it has to go back.

So, here is the trouble with this primer. It smells wonderful, the packaging is attractive and that is where it ends for me. This primer does nothing for me that or it does so very little I have no chance in hell of figuring out what that is. I wear MMU and have combination skin in the winter. When I wear this under MMU or liquid foundation my dry patches are all exposed. Also, I do have larger pores on my nose and cheek area which are not at all minimized. For 32 bucks I expected better! This is one of those primers that adds to the public opinion that a primer is useless and does nothing.

on 5/25/2010 12:32:00 AM

This is the worst primer I have ever used. I got this primer thinking it was going to be great, since it's makeup forever and part of the HD line. It worked horribley. I saw people review on it, saying they loved it, I honestly dont know what they are thinking. It works so bad, it doesnt do anything, doesnt make your skin matte, its all liquid , no silicone based product in there. It doesnt make your skin look good, your foundation and everything looks cakey as if your not even wearing primer. I hate it, I couldnt believe how bad it was.