Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.5

on 2/25/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a really great silicone primer. It makes my face soft, nice and without any bump, ridges or apparent pores. There's not lingering smell to it and it makes my foundation last longer. However, I gotta say that, to me, this primer is almost exactly the same as E.l.f. HD primer, so I'm not sure why I should pay that much for this primer when I can get the Elf Hd primer for a fraction of the cost. For this reason, I would not repurchase, but it's still a really great product.

on 6/23/2014 1:24:00 PM

I received a sample of this from Sephora and was really excited to try it out - I love primers! My favorite primer is Hourglass' Mineral Veil, which is very similar to this (in theory).

This primer is lightweight and goes on smoothly, foundation looks very nice on top. The problem I have is that it makes my combination skin oily, very oily. I need to blot within an hour and a half, as opposed to 3-4 hours with Hourglass' primer. My makeup does last a long time though! It is also expensive, for a small amount (which I don't mind, if the product is wonderful).

I won't be purchasing or reccomending this to a friend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the 'neutral' version of this primer when I first bought the MUF HD foundation. Honestly....I feel like this primer doesn't do that much. It feels nice when you put it on...more like a light gel moisturiser. I didn't notice much change to my skin other than it looking more hydrated. The longevity of my foundation was not extended, nor were my pores more concealed. Overall not a great product for me. I borrowed the green version of this from a friend, and I feel the same about that one, just the green did help reduce the redness but foundation does that anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

This primer is pretty average. The pros are that it smells nice, it makes my skin really soft and that it does hold my make up decently. I think that it would work better if you don't have excess oil on your skin. I'm going to keep trying different primers, but overall, this primer works okay.

I generally use Too Faced Primed and Poreless, but I just recently ran out and I don't have the funds to re-purchase as of yet. I had gotten a travel-sized tube ($15 on Sephora.com by itself) of this stuff at X-mas in a MUFE set, so I figured now was as good a time as any to try it out. Initially, I was pretty wary of this product. A friend of mine had bought this primer in one of the colored formulations and said that it was nothing special, and that it clogged her pores. However, my experience with this primer was the complete opposite. My pores appear much smaller when I use this primer, my skin is more radiant, and my makeup (Laura Mercier Mineral SPF) applies over this like a dream-- smooth, even skin tone and texture, even without other products from the HD line. The texture is much thinner, less sticky and greasy feeling, and fast absorbing.

Is it a miracle worker? Well, no. I still have to blot about 3 to 4 hours post makeup application, sometimes sooner. However, I've noticed less product slips off on my blotting papers than with TF PP. More importantly, at the end of a long day of work and school (8 to 12 hrs), my foundation is still there, and I don't have as much of that haggard, worn in look to my makeup that can happen as the day wears on. After about a month of use, I haven't had any breakouts, either.

All in all, I like this primer. It was a good deal as part of the set I bought, but a little pricey as a travel size on it's own. I think that when my birthday rolls around I'll let go of the $$ to buy the full-size. For me, it's worth it.

on 12/29/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is an okay product. It does help my foundation last longer and adds moisture to my face which is always good since I have dry skin. Has great packaging. I expect so much more out of this since I spent $32 dollars on it! For a high end primer it should help with more than two things. I will most likely try something different next time.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have an oily t zone this product helps keep my foundation matte and last longer. Makes foundation application easier feels softer and goes on smoother. I will rebuy this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily skin, and I have to say I am very impressed with this product. My foundation (MUFE Matte Velvet +) goes on smoother and lasts longer. I've used both the Neutral and Green and found them to be comparable to one another. Does not seem to be making me break out either! I think the trick is putting the primer on and waiting for 3-5 minutes, the box states that it has evaporating silicones. On days that I've put my foundation on without waiting I've been really disappointed with the results.
Will try the blue next.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved a travel sized version of this in The Best Of Makeup Forever set. This primer has a very creme-like consistancy and doesnt feel like I am slathering my pores with silicone. Imediately after applying i didn;t think that it was any different than Mac's 'prep and prime". I realized that after I had applied my foundation my dry skin looked a bit more moisturized and I was very happy! When I run out of my other primers I will invest the 32$ that it takes to look this fabulous every day!

I love this primer! Perfect for combo-oily skin types. I don't have any lines/wrinkles that need smoothing but this does create an awesome base and acts like a moisturizer on those mornings where I simply don't have enough time for my full routine. I am going to start my 3rd bottle soon!