Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

2.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a MAC girl. For primers I either used MACs primer, or monistat. I was getting married and decided to buy the MUFE primer/foundation/powder mini kit that they sell at sephora. I got a smaller size of all 3 (primer/foundation/powder).

HORRIBLE. The primer is super watery.

I have oily skin, and this seemed to magnify it. Like after I applied makeup, and did my hair, my face was already super shiny. Like it felt like I had worn the makeup at the beach and it had only been an hour.

I will definitly not purchase this product ever again.

I will be buying another bottle of monistat. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some money. Monistat anti chafing gel is THE BEST primer.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this. I have previously used the Green, but never the neutral. This is not a bad primer. I was impressed that I did not need much and got 3 uses out of one sample packet. I do think it helped moisturize and smooth out my skin. I am just not sure if it is worth the price tag. I am not a fan of the bottles. It is hard to see how much is left and the bottle lids do not twist off for you to get it all out.

I liked this & thought I had found a primer I could stick with but it is making me break out. The search continues...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used this in conjunction with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Both were samples from Sephora.

Having tried a number of primers (my HG NARS Pro Prime, BE Primer, MAC Prep + Prime, Korres Silicone Free, Lancome La Base Pro, Cinema Secrets Ultimate), this one did not stand out, for better or worse. I would recommend trying it as a sample if you are in love with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation just to see if it makes a positive difference using the two products as a pair.

I like to wear sunscreen every day as part of my skin care routine. I have combination skin, and don't like to add too many layers underneath my foundation, so I love it if my primers accomplish these goals:
1) creates a smooth surface to apply my foundation and makes my foundation look better than without the primer;
2) takes the place of moisturizer for my dry cheeks;
3) acts as oil control for my T-zone;
4) has enough sunscreen to take the place of an additional sunscreen layer;
5) and makes my foundation last longer than without the primer.

Did this primer do that?
1) yes;
2) not really - my cheeks looked dry after I set the foundation with powder (but this could be the foundation's issue too);
3) decent but not amazing oil control;
4) does not have sunscreen : (
5) and I felt this foundation did not last on my face at all! with or without primer.

I am glad I got the sample to try, but will not be purchasing the foundation or the primer.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this, I can see how it may not be worth the price because I believe you can get stuff for about as good for less money but with that said, I do like how this works. As it is winter still my skin is pretty dry and without a primer my makeup just doesnt sit as well and doesnt look as flawless. This helps bring moisture to my face and makes makeup look much better. I just use one pump all over my face and it sets in very quickly and I dont find it greasy at all (but as I said I have dry skin and this might not work for people with oily skin) For the price I will have to mark it down a bit

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When compared to other primers I've used such as Clarins, Laura Mercier, and Benefit, this one ranks as my least favorite. It does not smooth skin, smooth wrinkles, or reduce the appearance of pores as most other primers do.

This is a colorless primer that has the consistency of a light lotion or serum. I use it under my NARS Sheer Glow to help the foundation go on smoothly and not adhere to dry patches. I would not recommend this primer for oily skin at all. I find it helps my foundation not settle into fine lines at the end of the day. I have already repurchased my second bottle. I use one pump for my entire face, and I don't let it dry for long. Apply foundation while it is still slightly damp for best results. My one bottle lasted nearly a year with daily usage.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely my favorite primer. I love the way it feels like lotion. It melts into my skin and makes my face a nice, smooth canvas for my makeup. It's a little thin, but that means it spreads easily. It's also very light, so it doesn't make my face feel heavy. It helps my makeup stay on better, which is a real feat since I have super oily skin. It also helps prevent my makeup from getting wiped off when I accidentally touch my face. It doesn't mattify my skin, but I use other products for that. It does, however, interact well with the other products I use. This product looks kind of pricey, but you get quite a bit for the price. I was really surprised when I opened my Sephora package and saw this huge tube.

Got this as a sample - I really didn't like how thin the product was and it did nothing special after putting on my foundation - def think there are better primers out there - i'm still searching for my HG

I really wanted to like this primer. The major issue I had with it was that I would put it on and by the time I was done smoothing it onto my face it was so dry that my makeup just sat on top of it and never melted into my skin at all. As a result, all my foundation could easily just be wiped away and touching my face at all left me with a "patchy" skintone. Also, it was over-drying to the point my face almost looked chapped. Will not buy again! I found the Laura Mercier primer after this and fell in love!