MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.7

on 8/27/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love MUFE, and this product was a pleasure to use, but it's too expensive to not be amazing. This was the first primer I ever purchased, but to make my makeup stay (and I mean really, really stay) I used Philosophy's The Present.

Pros: Smells amazing, feels amazing (like a light lotion rather than silicone) on the skin and moisturizes quite well. Comes in a hygienic pump bottle that lets you get at all the product inside.

Cons: Although makeup goes on better over the primer, it does no better at priming or extending wear than a moisturizing lotion. Expensive for a fancy moisturizing lotion!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)

on 4/20/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I recently got this primer (0 neutral) along with the hd foundation (130). I had been using Smashbox primer, which is a cult classic for good reason. This primer however is more of a moisturizer. It's light, does not have that silicone feeling. It doesn't give the instant gratification people look for in a primer. However, it still pretty much does what it says it'll do. After using the hd foundation alone before using with the primer, the foundation separated on my nose even though it wasn't oily, and I found it made my face look oily after awhile, once I used the primer under (extra on t zone and nose) it improved the performance of the foundation. I'm a silicone primer girl, I'll probably switch back to Smashbox despite the price.

It felt more like a face moisturizer for me and not so much a primer. I guess it helps my makeup stay on a little more than usual but really, I feel like I can go without it and I wouldn't even notice a difference. Overall, I would not repurchase.

on 5/4/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A sales associate from Sephora recommended that I try this primer because I told her that liquid foundations tend to oxidize on my face. Primers that give my skin that slick slippery texture make me break out, but this one just feels like a light moisturizer. I thought I'd give it a try. I used it for a week under both liquid and mineral makeup; I saw no difference in my makeup. It didn't make my foundation last longer, didn't keep the oil away, and basically just looked the same as if I didn't wear any primer. I can't say much on the oxidation part, since I had recently switched to MUFE's HD Foundation and it doesn't oxidize on me.

PROS: light-weight texture without the slippery feeling; smooth canvas for makeup
CONS: price; doesn't live up to it's purpose of making foundation last longer or look better; possible culprit for clogged pore

To be fair though, no primer has ever worked for me. Maybe my skin is just super oily and acne-prone to benefit from a primer. MUFE has some pretty awesome products though!

on 4/25/2011 1:30:00 PM

I bought this product three weeks ago when I lost my bottle of BE Prime Time. I like this better than Prime Time because it doesn't make my skin oily. However, I feel like Prime Time smooth out my skin more than this primer. I do like the smell of the primer and it does make my foundation stay on longer, even if it is a drugstore brand. All in all, I would purchase this primer again (would buy it over BE Prime Time).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One Of My favorite primers it gives me a good base and it works well on me

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product works better than Smashbox and Sephora's primers.
- Keeps makeup looking flawless and fresh all-day.
- Controls shine and minimizes appearance of pores.
- Does not cause breakouts or reactions to sometimes sensitive skin. My skin reacted badly to Smashbox's.
- With other primers, I find that my skin cannot breathe and is clogged up. But MUFE does not feel that way.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I bought a sample of this because I was not sure if the silicone would make me break out..and I have found my HG primer! I only use this primer on the middle of my forehead, on my nose, on the apples of my cheek, and on my chin. I would apply this, and wait around 5 minutes for the primer to absorb into my skin. Once it has been absorbed, it makes my skin velvety soft and somewhat matte. This primer makes my foundation go on super smooth, even if my foundation is NOT the HD foundation. It prevents my foundation from soaking into my pores which is definitely a plus. It controls the oils, as I've notice a sudden decrease in shininess.
I put this primer on THE ultimate test..I used this on a day where I would be sweating like a pig. I applied this primer 9AM in the morning, and took my full face of make up off at 11PM. However, before I took my make up off, I examined my face first. My make up did not once move once, nor did it sheer out. Best primer ever!
The only down side is the cost..which is why I do not use this everyday.

------EDIT------
I've been using this primer on and off, and I've noticed that I'm breaking out. However I'm not sure if I'm breaking out due to the primer. The breakouts are deep, and they hurt. I've only broke out once, out of the 5+ times that I've used this primer...?

on 3/23/2010 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this at sephora a sample, and i love the smell of this primer, but i dont think it does what it claims. I prefer my smash box primer.