Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.5

on 6/23/2014 1:24:00 PM

I received a sample of this from Sephora and was really excited to try it out - I love primers! My favorite primer is Hourglass' Mineral Veil, which is very similar to this (in theory).

This primer is lightweight and goes on smoothly, foundation looks very nice on top. The problem I have is that it makes my combination skin oily, very oily. I need to blot within an hour and a half, as opposed to 3-4 hours with Hourglass' primer. My makeup does last a long time though! It is also expensive, for a small amount (which I don't mind, if the product is wonderful).

I won't be purchasing or reccomending this to a friend.

on 11/29/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I liked this so much since it smells wonderful and fresh and it felt like a light gel moisturizer when applied; but after using it a couple of times I realized that it wasn't even really doing anything except lightly moisturizing my face. It didn't make my skin feel flawless nor did it help my makeup stay on longer which is the reason why us ladies buy primer!! Definitely won't purchase this again nor will I buy any other products from MUFE since it is not a cruelty free brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the 'neutral' version of this primer when I first bought the MUF HD foundation. Honestly....I feel like this primer doesn't do that much. It feels nice when you put it on...more like a light gel moisturiser. I didn't notice much change to my skin other than it looking more hydrated. The longevity of my foundation was not extended, nor were my pores more concealed. Overall not a great product for me. I borrowed the green version of this from a friend, and I feel the same about that one, just the green did help reduce the redness but foundation does that anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

on 8/20/2012 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This primer is fantastic! It really helps with the foundation application and gives a flawless finish. The makeup lasts all day, it's amazing! I also put it on my eyelids and under concealer and I have no smudging whatsoever. This is a must have for my dry skin as it is hydrating as well. I couldnt ask for more! It is a bit pricey though...

on 5/25/2012 1:03:00 PM

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

on 5/13/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This doesn't have the traditional siliconey powdery finish that most primers have. This feels more like a lightweight lotion. Also i find it to be more hydrating than oil absorbing. I dont think it does much for my foundation application and wearability of it and i dont notice any dramatic difference on my face, my face make up looks pretty much the same with or without this primer . Feels hydrating and nourishing on the skin but thats pretty all it does, I m gonna continue using it because as I said feels nice on the skin but im not gonna repurchase i dont think its performance justifies its price

on 4/5/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Got a generous sample from sephora yestday and tried it today.
Packaging is nice, comes In a clear pump bottle, prefer this to other squeeze tubes. Opaque white liquid that is semi-gel like. Easy to spread and only need a small amount. I forgot if there is a smell to the product, but I didn't detect any on my face. Does rub in abit 'wet' and takes a minute or two to dry. I used this over my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer this particular day.
Moderately priced, price point isn't such an issue compared to lancome, Dior etc
I rated this a two because the day I tried this, I put this primer all over my face and waited for it to dry. I didn't like having to wait for it to dry -my Napoleon perdis one dries quicker and doesn't still feel 'wet' when dried. Then I applied Estée Lauder dwl (which when I wear just with a moisturizer, is a matte finish on my face) on left side of my face and waited three hours. I looked in the Mirror and I looked Dewy and fresh, like I'd sprayed fix+ on me. That's not good. Second, I rubbed the right side of my face, and weird rolly pieces of skin started to come off my cheek! They were skin colored! I don't know if it was exfoliating my face, or just a bad combination with my moisturizer, but i kept rubbing my whole side, and more and more kept coming off!
Then I washed my whole face, and started rubbing again and on the left side more rolly pieces of skin came off!
I would not purchase this because:
Feels wet when applied and takes a while to dry
Doesnt help with oil production and longevity of foundation, foundation looked dewy after three hours wear, very unusual
Made my face exfoliate itself, or reacted badly with my usual and very reliant moisturizer

on 2/15/2012 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the small tube of this product to try out and I'm glad I did. I really dislike it. I have oily and acne prone skin and this did nothing to help my foundation stay on or keep me from getting oily. It also broke me out. I will not be repurchasing this and will give this little tube to my mother who has dry, mature skin.

It felt more like a face moisturizer for me and not so much a primer. I guess it helps my makeup stay on a little more than usual but really, I feel like I can go without it and I wouldn't even notice a difference. Overall, I would not repurchase.

on 5/5/2011 12:16:00 PM

This is by far the best primer I've ever used. I love that it's like a serum and it soaks right into my skin. It doesn't leave a greasy film, or a silicone feeling like most other primers did on me. I love the scent - it's light and fresh. I love how it keeps my skin soft, oil free, but not toally matte. It controls shine, but also enhances my skin's natural radiance. I don't break out from this primer. I think the packaging is great with a pump. A little goes a long way. One pump for my entire face is enough. Within minutes my skin looks smooth and even toned.