Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

2.9

on 7/30/2016 8:30:00 AM

Nice, smooth finish.

on 1/4/2013 10:14:00 PM

I completely agree with the previous review. I got a small sample and really liked how i smoothed out my skin and made foundation glide on. It def made my makeup stay on longer but having been exposed to MUFE's bottles, I'm not a big fan of not knowing how much product is left and that the pump is really hard to use when you get to the bottom of the bottles.

I would want a bigger sample to try and give it another shot.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used this in conjunction with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Both were samples from Sephora.

Having tried a number of primers (my HG NARS Pro Prime, BE Primer, MAC Prep + Prime, Korres Silicone Free, Lancome La Base Pro, Cinema Secrets Ultimate), this one did not stand out, for better or worse. I would recommend trying it as a sample if you are in love with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation just to see if it makes a positive difference using the two products as a pair.

I like to wear sunscreen every day as part of my skin care routine. I have combination skin, and don't like to add too many layers underneath my foundation, so I love it if my primers accomplish these goals:
1) creates a smooth surface to apply my foundation and makes my foundation look better than without the primer;
2) takes the place of moisturizer for my dry cheeks;
3) acts as oil control for my T-zone;
4) has enough sunscreen to take the place of an additional sunscreen layer;
5) and makes my foundation last longer than without the primer.

Did this primer do that?
1) yes;
2) not really - my cheeks looked dry after I set the foundation with powder (but this could be the foundation's issue too);
3) decent but not amazing oil control;
4) does not have sunscreen : (
5) and I felt this foundation did not last on my face at all! with or without primer.

I am glad I got the sample to try, but will not be purchasing the foundation or the primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this primer as part of the HD Complexion Starter Kit. I really just wanted the Kabuki brush and setting powder included in the kit. As such, I can't comment much on the price. I do like the primer and really like the light scent. As other reviewers have mentioned, it doesn't contain silicone and is more moisturizing. I tend to have dry skin, so it absorbed quickly and is not a problem mixing with my Dior Totale concentrate serum and Hydra-Life Pro-Youth Fluid with SPF (I hate when products don't mix and start rubbing off). I use BE powders and they apply evenly over this, no graininess. It sets in place and my face stays soft and smooth all day with no stickiness or blotches. Maybe this product works better for dryer skin types as it does feel more moisturizing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this, I can see how it may not be worth the price because I believe you can get stuff for about as good for less money but with that said, I do like how this works. As it is winter still my skin is pretty dry and without a primer my makeup just doesnt sit as well and doesnt look as flawless. This helps bring moisture to my face and makes makeup look much better. I just use one pump all over my face and it sets in very quickly and I dont find it greasy at all (but as I said I have dry skin and this might not work for people with oily skin) For the price I will have to mark it down a bit

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's a bit hard for me to rate primers. The first primer I tried did nothing. This is only the second primer that I've ever tried. It does make my skin feel smoother. I do believe that the makeup does last a bit longer with this on. I also like the smell.

on 5/4/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A sales associate from Sephora recommended that I try this primer because I told her that liquid foundations tend to oxidize on my face. Primers that give my skin that slick slippery texture make me break out, but this one just feels like a light moisturizer. I thought I'd give it a try. I used it for a week under both liquid and mineral makeup; I saw no difference in my makeup. It didn't make my foundation last longer, didn't keep the oil away, and basically just looked the same as if I didn't wear any primer. I can't say much on the oxidation part, since I had recently switched to MUFE's HD Foundation and it doesn't oxidize on me.

PROS: light-weight texture without the slippery feeling; smooth canvas for makeup
CONS: price; doesn't live up to it's purpose of making foundation last longer or look better; possible culprit for clogged pore

To be fair though, no primer has ever worked for me. Maybe my skin is just super oily and acne-prone to benefit from a primer. MUFE has some pretty awesome products though!

on 4/25/2011 1:30:00 PM

I bought this product three weeks ago when I lost my bottle of BE Prime Time. I like this better than Prime Time because it doesn't make my skin oily. However, I feel like Prime Time smooth out my skin more than this primer. I do like the smell of the primer and it does make my foundation stay on longer, even if it is a drugstore brand. All in all, I would purchase this primer again (would buy it over BE Prime Time).

on 1/8/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Wanted to love this, but was so disappointed in this primer. Fortunately I got a sample before I attempted to swap for it/buy it. It goes on easily but doesn't enhance the longevity of my foundation, which still breaks up around my nose by the end of the day. I might as well not have worn any primer at all! I prefer the Hourglass Veil mineral primer over this one.

So, here is the trouble with this primer. It smells wonderful, the packaging is attractive and that is where it ends for me. This primer does nothing for me that or it does so very little I have no chance in hell of figuring out what that is. I wear MMU and have combination skin in the winter. When I wear this under MMU or liquid foundation my dry patches are all exposed. Also, I do have larger pores on my nose and cheek area which are not at all minimized. For 32 bucks I expected better! This is one of those primers that adds to the public opinion that a primer is useless and does nothing.