MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It is so far so good with this primer and will have to be my HG for now. I have combination skin - I get flakey while applying make up so my skin tends to be on the dry side everywhere you can think of even on my eye lids and by the end of the night my make up is melting off. Gross right ? This was suggested to me from a girl in sephora. It has a nice consistency doesn't take long to soak into skin it definitely hydrates which is what I need when applying. It's not for pores but I have huge pores and it definitely minimizes not all the way but it does a good job. The scent is light but not irritating scents usually make me break out but this hasn't. It definitely keeps my make up fresh all night I work In a restaurant constantly running back and forth and by the end up of the night my make up is still intact I don't get as oily as I would by the end. I would definitely suggest this to anyone with skin like mine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a MAC girl. For primers I either used MACs primer, or monistat. I was getting married and decided to buy the MUFE primer/foundation/powder mini kit that they sell at sephora. I got a smaller size of all 3 (primer/foundation/powder).

HORRIBLE. The primer is super watery.

I have oily skin, and this seemed to magnify it. Like after I applied makeup, and did my hair, my face was already super shiny. Like it felt like I had worn the makeup at the beach and it had only been an hour.

I will definitly not purchase this product ever again.

I will be buying another bottle of monistat. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some money. Monistat anti chafing gel is THE BEST primer.

I bought this at Sephora because I wanted to try it out. I was pretty surprised to see that it had a gel texture but this did nothing for my skin or makeup. I think this is more of a moisturizer than a primer.

on 6/5/2013 3:10:00 PM

It was okay.. Nothing special. I liked how it was not too drying or oily on my skin. I'll probably try out other primers.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was using blue and the sales lady gave me netural by mistake so I tried. The texture is smoother for neutral. My make up stays longer, create a effective barrier between my skin and make up - I experience lesser black heads and outbreak .. which I m quite surprise. I am in my 5th bottles already anyway. the only down side is there is no spf to it.

on 1/8/2013 4:12:00 PM

This primer is fine, but nothing special. It works as well as pretty much every other primer I've tried on my combination skin. However, this one doesn't have SPF, which to me is a negative. Since this primer isn't any better or cheaper than others, I'll probably go with another product next time.

Overall: Fine, but doesn't do anything unique and isn't competitively priced.
Value: Not great. For primers, it's on the expensive side of average and doesn't perform any better. There are probably other primers that will work equally well that are cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this primer as part of the HD Complexion Starter Kit. I really just wanted the Kabuki brush and setting powder included in the kit. As such, I can't comment much on the price. I do like the primer and really like the light scent. As other reviewers have mentioned, it doesn't contain silicone and is more moisturizing. I tend to have dry skin, so it absorbed quickly and is not a problem mixing with my Dior Totale concentrate serum and Hydra-Life Pro-Youth Fluid with SPF (I hate when products don't mix and start rubbing off). I use BE powders and they apply evenly over this, no graininess. It sets in place and my face stays soft and smooth all day with no stickiness or blotches. Maybe this product works better for dryer skin types as it does feel more moisturizing.

on 5/13/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This doesn't have the traditional siliconey powdery finish that most primers have. This feels more like a lightweight lotion. Also i find it to be more hydrating than oil absorbing. I dont think it does much for my foundation application and wearability of it and i dont notice any dramatic difference on my face, my face make up looks pretty much the same with or without this primer . Feels hydrating and nourishing on the skin but thats pretty all it does, I m gonna continue using it because as I said feels nice on the skin but im not gonna repurchase i dont think its performance justifies its price

on 3/7/2012 7:36:00 PM

Not a great primer. Very disappointed because I had heard great things about the brand.

on 2/15/2012 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the small tube of this product to try out and I'm glad I did. I really dislike it. I have oily and acne prone skin and this did nothing to help my foundation stay on or keep me from getting oily. It also broke me out. I will not be repurchasing this and will give this little tube to my mother who has dry, mature skin.