MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It is so far so good with this primer and will have to be my HG for now. I have combination skin - I get flakey while applying make up so my skin tends to be on the dry side everywhere you can think of even on my eye lids and by the end of the night my make up is melting off. Gross right ? This was suggested to me from a girl in sephora. It has a nice consistency doesn't take long to soak into skin it definitely hydrates which is what I need when applying. It's not for pores but I have huge pores and it definitely minimizes not all the way but it does a good job. The scent is light but not irritating scents usually make me break out but this hasn't. It definitely keeps my make up fresh all night I work In a restaurant constantly running back and forth and by the end up of the night my make up is still intact I don't get as oily as I would by the end. I would definitely suggest this to anyone with skin like mine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the 'neutral' version of this primer when I first bought the MUF HD foundation. Honestly....I feel like this primer doesn't do that much. It feels nice when you put it on...more like a light gel moisturiser. I didn't notice much change to my skin other than it looking more hydrated. The longevity of my foundation was not extended, nor were my pores more concealed. Overall not a great product for me. I borrowed the green version of this from a friend, and I feel the same about that one, just the green did help reduce the redness but foundation does that anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

on 5/11/2012 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love MUFE HD foundation so I thought I would give the primer a try. Luckily I got a sample because I was not impressed. It accentuated the fine lines around my eyes that arenít normally very visible as soon as applied MUFE full cover concealor over it. It also made applying concealor difficult and my finger was tugging the delicate skin around my eyes when usually their concealor glides on nicely. I stopped using it around my eyes but really want a primer that can be used with concealor. I didnít seem to have much setting power on the rest of my face or cut down on shine. I really couldnít tell the difference between using it or not. I also didnít like how strong the fragrance smelled and try to avoid fragrance due to having sensitive skin. I now use Estee Lauderís matte perfecting primer which is fragrance free and has antioxidants so itís beneficial for skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When compared to other primers I've used such as Clarins, Laura Mercier, and Benefit, this one ranks as my least favorite. It does not smooth skin, smooth wrinkles, or reduce the appearance of pores as most other primers do.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Might buy again. This is comparable to other Primers out there. It does have a scent, kind of that flowery skincare cream scent you find in lancome products. So if you don't like scents, stay away. the primer itself does the job, especially under the HD Makeup. I would say it's better than average but not the HG in primers. It's lightweight, breathable and sinks in well. the one thing I was hoping it would do, was hide my pores a bit more. Needless to say, it failed in that regard. I think Benefit makes a better and cheaper primer for those of us with enlarged pore issues. I'll keep this around for better skin days.

Update: I'm returning this to Sephora. For the price, it's not worth it. This stuff dissipates off my face within a few hours and I look like I got nothing on at all. Very disappointing, but for the price, it has to go back.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have an oily t zone this product helps keep my foundation matte and last longer. Makes foundation application easier feels softer and goes on smoother. I will rebuy this.

on 5/25/2010 12:32:00 AM

This is the worst primer I have ever used. I got this primer thinking it was going to be great, since it's makeup forever and part of the HD line. It worked horribley. I saw people review on it, saying they loved it, I honestly dont know what they are thinking. It works so bad, it doesnt do anything, doesnt make your skin matte, its all liquid , no silicone based product in there. It doesnt make your skin look good, your foundation and everything looks cakey as if your not even wearing primer. I hate it, I couldnt believe how bad it was.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is really great - I've tried just about all primers - both high end and drug store and am finding that this one is the best for me. I don't use it all over -even though maybe I should!

I use this on my nose and the pores just around my nose, and my forehead a little...it does a good job of keeping the oilies and shineys away for the day, and smells great, too.

This stuff is very spendy. I'm lucky that I was able to get it in a swap.

I would recc trying to swap for it, or getting samples from Sephora before committing to a whole bottle because it is spendy.

on 8/23/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love it. I used to be skeptical of primers in general - I don't wear much makeup anyway so what do I care about staying power? Plus I get milia and nose blackheads super easily, so naturally I fear all new products and usually research the bejeezus out of them.
..........................................................................................
I got a deluxe sample of this on a whim and oh. my. god. I didn't realize what poor texture my skin had until I tried it. Soft skin. Smooth skin. Mostly-controlled flakies. And after a few months of use, no milia! No blackheads! Amor. I've worn this under and over my sunblock, after which I usually add a wee bit of concealer as needed, plus a drop of blush so I don't look dead, and that's all folks. Brilliant!
Just bought a full size bottle of the neutral, but I think I'd like to try the mauve or blue. I really wish my sephora wouldn't treat me like a freeloader when I ask for samples - it's such a pain (for me and them) to have to return %70 of my purchases. Bah.

on 9/25/2008 6:35:00 PM

This is my first primer, so I can't compare it to others (it was a toss up between buying this and buying Smashbox's Photo Finish Light and I ended up choosing this based on getting more in the bottle for less money), but I can say that I like the way this applies and the way it makes my foundation go on smoother and more evenly while creating a velvety matte texture to my skin.

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't do much of anything to camouflage the enlarged pores in my t-zone or even out my skin tone (I tried the green tinted one in store and it turned my skin grey, so I had to go with neutral and give up the hope of evening out the redder areas of my face), but the overall effect is still very nice.

With this on under my MAC Select Tint, my face looks cleaner, less made up and more uniform in texture. Time will tell how it affects the long-term wear of my makeup since I didn't give it a full day to work its magic and keep my makeup from sliding off, but for now, I'm very pleased with this and it looks like the bottle I got is going to last ages based on how little I need to use (I never could have imagined how a drop of anything smaller than a pea could possibly cover your entire face so smoothly and evenly before I tried this).