Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Makeup forever did wonders, like usual! I look like a different person everytime! Thank you!

on 5/4/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A sales associate from Sephora recommended that I try this primer because I told her that liquid foundations tend to oxidize on my face. Primers that give my skin that slick slippery texture make me break out, but this one just feels like a light moisturizer. I thought I'd give it a try. I used it for a week under both liquid and mineral makeup; I saw no difference in my makeup. It didn't make my foundation last longer, didn't keep the oil away, and basically just looked the same as if I didn't wear any primer. I can't say much on the oxidation part, since I had recently switched to MUFE's HD Foundation and it doesn't oxidize on me.

PROS: light-weight texture without the slippery feeling; smooth canvas for makeup
CONS: price; doesn't live up to it's purpose of making foundation last longer or look better; possible culprit for clogged pore

To be fair though, no primer has ever worked for me. Maybe my skin is just super oily and acne-prone to benefit from a primer. MUFE has some pretty awesome products though!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely my favorite primer. I love the way it feels like lotion. It melts into my skin and makes my face a nice, smooth canvas for my makeup. It's a little thin, but that means it spreads easily. It's also very light, so it doesn't make my face feel heavy. It helps my makeup stay on better, which is a real feat since I have super oily skin. It also helps prevent my makeup from getting wiped off when I accidentally touch my face. It doesn't mattify my skin, but I use other products for that. It does, however, interact well with the other products I use. This product looks kind of pricey, but you get quite a bit for the price. I was really surprised when I opened my Sephora package and saw this huge tube.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have a travel sized version of this in The Best Of Makeup Forever set. This primer is lotion like consistency that goes on smooth and smells good. Since I have oily skin, I tried it w/out my moisturizer and it worked great! Will repurchase the full size!