Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.0

on 11/20/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I just bought a new bottle, and dudes, considering how insanely pricey this is, that's saying a lot. I wear this two ways. One, mixed with a bit of foundation, during the day, for an airbrushed look. Two, as the primer underneath my foundation on date nights. This is not going to last ALLNIGHTLONG. Try a more heavy duty hard core primer.

This is a more dewy, smoothening type primer that works really well on making you look natural and while keeping the oilies at bay. But if you're crazy oily, like me, it's not going to be that effective.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a MAC girl. For primers I either used MACs primer, or monistat. I was getting married and decided to buy the MUFE primer/foundation/powder mini kit that they sell at sephora. I got a smaller size of all 3 (primer/foundation/powder).

HORRIBLE. The primer is super watery.

I have oily skin, and this seemed to magnify it. Like after I applied makeup, and did my hair, my face was already super shiny. Like it felt like I had worn the makeup at the beach and it had only been an hour.

I will definitly not purchase this product ever again.

I will be buying another bottle of monistat. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some money. Monistat anti chafing gel is THE BEST primer.

on 2/15/2012 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the small tube of this product to try out and I'm glad I did. I really dislike it. I have oily and acne prone skin and this did nothing to help my foundation stay on or keep me from getting oily. It also broke me out. I will not be repurchasing this and will give this little tube to my mother who has dry, mature skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily skin, and I have to say I am very impressed with this product. My foundation (MUFE Matte Velvet +) goes on smoother and lasts longer. I've used both the Neutral and Green and found them to be comparable to one another. Does not seem to be making me break out either! I think the trick is putting the primer on and waiting for 3-5 minutes, the box states that it has evaporating silicones. On days that I've put my foundation on without waiting I've been really disappointed with the results.
Will try the blue next.

on 12/21/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The are two things I look for in a primer - 1.) Will it control shine? 2.) Will it hold my make-up in place?

I stumbled upon this primer when it was given to me as a sample from Sephora. The sample provided an ample amount of the product I was able to use it daily for a month. It only took me one squirt to use on my entire face. The first thing I noticed about this primer is that it was very light and it absorbed quickly into my skin. It felt like a lotion on my face rather than a silicone like texture (think of Smashbox's Photofinish primer). I followed my normal make-up routine. After finishing my make-up and working for 8+ hours, I noticed that my face was not as oily and my make-up felt and looked like it did not shift or disappear. I knew instantly that this primer suits my needs.

For reference, I've used other primers in the past. I have used Smashbox's Photofinish and while the silicone texture felt nice on my face, oil surfaced on my skin after an hour or so of applying my make-up. I have also used MAC's Prep + Prime SPF 50, which I felt was in between a silicone and lotion like texture, but it left me a greasy feeling on my face. I have also used Givenchy's Mister Mat primer which was okay, but the fragrance it had was a little too off putting for me. I hope this review helps out!

on 12/13/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this primer because it is light and silky. It doesnt feel like silicone. It feels like a lotion. It's not heavy and it has an amazing texture . I haven't noticed if the foundation stays on for a longer time but I love the way my foundation sets. I think I ll repurchase it. :-)

on 9/8/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So after Trying gosh primer and that being a big FAIL i tried this, Hoping it would live up to all the hype.... And im sorry to say it didnt. It was a bigger FAIL than gosh it did noting at all . i wouldnt recomment it to anyone with oily skin.

on 8/6/2009 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like the finish of this primer, it wears well on my oily skin, no breakouts, and gives my foundation a nice finish. I've also used LM, Smashbox, and Chanel. I think this one is the best, but some reviewers have written that you "get more" product than Smashbox for less money. Actually they both contain the SAME amount-MUFE just comes in a larger bottle than SB, VERY deceiving. Will repurchase...

on 1/1/2009 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is actually a very good primer for foundation, powder or any other face make-up. It mattes the skin slightly and doesn't do too much for oil control. But it really does make foundation go on smoothly. I apply my foundation with a brush and when I us this primer I don't see any brush strokes or streaks of foundation as I smooth it out. It grabs powder very well, so anything you put on top like blush or bronzer will go on smoothly and won't get blotchy. I really wish this did more for oil control but I will continue to buy this because it makes face makeup look really nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Sephora and after using it a few times, i've convinced that this does absolutely nothing for my skin. I have large pores and rather oily skin so I was hoping this would act as a mattifiante as well as even out my skin tone, yet it failed to do either. Luckily this was only a sample so I didn't really lose anything. I highly suggest testing this stuff out and see how it stays with your face.