MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.1

I really like the texture and scent of this primer. It does not break me out. The packaging is great with the pump & plastic bottle. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is if it is my makeup or the primer that is causing the creasing on my chin & around my nose. Foundation is UD Naked Skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this. I have previously used the Green, but never the neutral. This is not a bad primer. I was impressed that I did not need much and got 3 uses out of one sample packet. I do think it helped moisturize and smooth out my skin. I am just not sure if it is worth the price tag. I am not a fan of the bottles. It is hard to see how much is left and the bottle lids do not twist off for you to get it all out.

on 4/5/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Got a generous sample from sephora yestday and tried it today.
Packaging is nice, comes In a clear pump bottle, prefer this to other squeeze tubes. Opaque white liquid that is semi-gel like. Easy to spread and only need a small amount. I forgot if there is a smell to the product, but I didn't detect any on my face. Does rub in abit 'wet' and takes a minute or two to dry. I used this over my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer this particular day.
Moderately priced, price point isn't such an issue compared to lancome, Dior etc
I rated this a two because the day I tried this, I put this primer all over my face and waited for it to dry. I didn't like having to wait for it to dry -my Napoleon perdis one dries quicker and doesn't still feel 'wet' when dried. Then I applied Estée Lauder dwl (which when I wear just with a moisturizer, is a matte finish on my face) on left side of my face and waited three hours. I looked in the Mirror and I looked Dewy and fresh, like I'd sprayed fix+ on me. That's not good. Second, I rubbed the right side of my face, and weird rolly pieces of skin started to come off my cheek! They were skin colored! I don't know if it was exfoliating my face, or just a bad combination with my moisturizer, but i kept rubbing my whole side, and more and more kept coming off!
Then I washed my whole face, and started rubbing again and on the left side more rolly pieces of skin came off!
I would not purchase this because:
Feels wet when applied and takes a while to dry
Doesnt help with oil production and longevity of foundation, foundation looked dewy after three hours wear, very unusual
Made my face exfoliate itself, or reacted badly with my usual and very reliant moisturizer

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I had really high hopes for this product but it just didn't perform as well as I hoped it would. The texture is really runny, almost like a cheap Jergens body lotion. The smell is nice and not bothersome... but the primer actually doesn't help my makeup stay. I still have to blot and re-apply foundation. NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

on 4/14/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

oh my god, what ingredients are in this primer?i just use it today in the morning and at night when I wash my face, I have like, 11 new cystic pimples!no products has ever given me such quick horrible results in just, what, 12 hours?I'm so mad I'm not even going to give this product review about the finishing and others. straight to the garbage this product is going to go, not even going to swap or give it to someone else. no, siree...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product has the consistency of moisturizer. It smells great, keeps my makeup form sinking into my pores and it lasts all day. I own this and the green one and I found they don't dry out my skin, yea I don't look oily all over.

on 3/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Alright product. Didn't blow me away but wasn't a complete fail either. Seems to hold my make-up on for awhile and do a decent job of smoothing pores but no OMG I have to have this, can't believe I ever lived without it factor. It's a nice primer and that's it. And IMO there are a lot of other "nice" primers out there for a whole lot less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a small travel size bottle of this primer, and I have the full size of this primer in the green color (I have also reviewed that if you're interested).

The texture of the MUFE HD primers is a nice one. It's like a very light lotion that sinks right into my skin (combination dry and slightly oily) and goes on evenly. It doesn't have the supernaturally silky smooth feel of some primers, rather it leaves the skin smooth and feeling lightly moisturized and well prepped for makeup application. The primer helps smooth over imperfections a little bit, making makeup go on a bit better over enlarged pores, or dry patches, etc. It has worked well with all the foundations I have tried with it.

I only need a small amount of this primer, about 1/2 a pump to one pump from the big bottle, or about a pea size from the travel-size bottle I have. I use it all over my face, including in the eye area.
If you want to save yourself time, or sheer down a foundation, it also works well to mix the primer with liquid foundation on the back of your hand before applying with a brush.

I like this primer, but I prefer the green one which helps tone down my redness, and I'm interested in trying the blue one, as the green adds a bit of yellow to my complexion that I'm uncertain about. For these reasons I have indicated that I would not buy this primer again, but I would definitely consider buying a MUFE primer of the same formula again.
However, I'm still not 100% happy with this primer, I've recently tried the Hourglass Veil primer (so expensive) and I think I like it more.

on 1/17/2010 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have very oily skin and this primer keeps the oil away all day. It smells good and goes on smooth. I use mineral foundation and it works great with it. This is the best primer I've used so far.