MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

2.6

on 3/26/2009 12:43:00 PM

I mostly like this product. It does make my makeup last about 5-6 hours looking like new, but after that my gel blush starts to fade a bit. A couple pumps definitely goes a long way, plus I've found that it is buildable, so if I want extra staying power for my makeup I'll put a second layer on. I've noticed that letting it dry completely before I apply my foundation is key. I have decent oil control experiences with it, but I like a dewy texture. This product probably wouldn't be ideal for someone looking for an all-day matte finish.

I had hoped that it would be more effective in minimizing lines/pores/etc but no such luck. When I want a really flawless skin texture and extended (7 hours+) staying power for makeup I have to use this primer in conjunction with something silicone based. That being said, the MUFE is fine for everyday wear.

on 8/23/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love it. I used to be skeptical of primers in general - I don't wear much makeup anyway so what do I care about staying power? Plus I get milia and nose blackheads super easily, so naturally I fear all new products and usually research the bejeezus out of them.
..........................................................................................
I got a deluxe sample of this on a whim and oh. my. god. I didn't realize what poor texture my skin had until I tried it. Soft skin. Smooth skin. Mostly-controlled flakies. And after a few months of use, no milia! No blackheads! Amor. I've worn this under and over my sunblock, after which I usually add a wee bit of concealer as needed, plus a drop of blush so I don't look dead, and that's all folks. Brilliant!
Just bought a full size bottle of the neutral, but I think I'd like to try the mauve or blue. I really wish my sephora wouldn't treat me like a freeloader when I ask for samples - it's such a pain (for me and them) to have to return %70 of my purchases. Bah.

on 8/31/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I also received this as a sample from Sephora. I never used primer before, but I am sold. I have some fine lines around my eyes and this almost hides them completely. I use it with the Face and Body foundation and they work very well together. I survived an entire day at a festival yesterday and my makeup still looked flawless by the end of the night. I don't know how I ever lived without primer before!

I wanted to love this but to tell you the truth i saw no change in my skin quality...nothing at all...it did nothing for smoothing out fine lines and enlarged pores or making foundation stay longer...it's like the formula has ingredients missing... will not be re-purchasing

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This made absolutely no difference to either the application or longevity of my foundation.

on 5/25/2012 1:03:00 PM

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Kind of have a love hate relationship with this product! I love how it keeps my face looking flawless for the entire day but hate that texture and smell of it... I'm sensitive to fragranced products but this doesn't really break me out or anything but everytime I put it on I get scared because 'm sensitive to scents. Also the texture is no the usual primer texture... it's really watery which feels weird at first but it's really refreshing after like 20 seconds! So yeah if you don't have a problem with smells than I really highly recommend this for you because it's gorgeous ^_^

on 6/4/2011 5:19:00 PM

It definitely broke my skin out. Nothing special. Too silicony for my combination skin. Also, mosttimes myskin feels irritaded the moment i wear it.

on 5/9/2011 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

yes, it really controls the oilness on my face (i use it under hd foundation), helps to last my make up much more better during the day even when it is summer, i don't feel it on my face. But in the evening when i put off my make up, my combination oily skin is dry, hd primer burns my face, i see redness, i dislike this feelings. This primer works, that is why i use it but only on special event. I have two small free bottles but i won't buy the full size.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the foundation, blush, and powder in the MUFE HD line, but this primer is garbage. It settles into lines (i'm 18, i shouldn't have lines, and don't without this product on) It makes my skin so oily and dewy which i absolutely hate. I like a matte finish, this product does nothing and goes by quickly. I have combo/dry oily skin. This stuff just isn't for me and it definitely does not make my make up last, it actually makes me need to keep dabbing it down because a shiny oil field is reflecting off of my face.