MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.2

on 3/26/2009 12:43:00 PM

I mostly like this product. It does make my makeup last about 5-6 hours looking like new, but after that my gel blush starts to fade a bit. A couple pumps definitely goes a long way, plus I've found that it is buildable, so if I want extra staying power for my makeup I'll put a second layer on. I've noticed that letting it dry completely before I apply my foundation is key. I have decent oil control experiences with it, but I like a dewy texture. This product probably wouldn't be ideal for someone looking for an all-day matte finish.

I had hoped that it would be more effective in minimizing lines/pores/etc but no such luck. When I want a really flawless skin texture and extended (7 hours+) staying power for makeup I have to use this primer in conjunction with something silicone based. That being said, the MUFE is fine for everyday wear.

I have been using this for a couple of weeks along with my MUFE HD foundation. I can definitely say that this and my MUFE HD foundation are HGs. I have tried many primers in the past: Smashbox ( too heavy and greasy), LM (did not fill in pores), BE Prime Time (works great, but I wanted to try something new), and even Monistat (cheap but gave me blackheads). The whole MUFE line is my new love, their eye shadows have 85% pigmentation, their foundations are water- resistant and do not contain fillers. On to my review about HD Primer in #0, this makes my makeup last all day long. It has lasted me through 10 hour school/work days in 90+ degree weather. It is light weight, non greasy, did not cause any breakouts or blackheads (I am very blackhead prone). I only need just one pump to cover my entire face. It applies smoothly and leaves my skin feeling very soft. For those of you who find that this primer did not fill in your pores I recommend trying to rub the primer into your skin more firmly where your pores are. I have major pores on my cheeks, cause by bismuth from Bare Minerals (luckily are diminishing now). I find that rubbing the primer a little more in those areas make those pores invisible!

on 12/21/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The are two things I look for in a primer - 1.) Will it control shine? 2.) Will it hold my make-up in place?

I stumbled upon this primer when it was given to me as a sample from Sephora. The sample provided an ample amount of the product I was able to use it daily for a month. It only took me one squirt to use on my entire face. The first thing I noticed about this primer is that it was very light and it absorbed quickly into my skin. It felt like a lotion on my face rather than a silicone like texture (think of Smashbox's Photofinish primer). I followed my normal make-up routine. After finishing my make-up and working for 8+ hours, I noticed that my face was not as oily and my make-up felt and looked like it did not shift or disappear. I knew instantly that this primer suits my needs.

For reference, I've used other primers in the past. I have used Smashbox's Photofinish and while the silicone texture felt nice on my face, oil surfaced on my skin after an hour or so of applying my make-up. I have also used MAC's Prep + Prime SPF 50, which I felt was in between a silicone and lotion like texture, but it left me a greasy feeling on my face. I have also used Givenchy's Mister Mat primer which was okay, but the fragrance it had was a little too off putting for me. I hope this review helps out!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started using MUFE HD primer about 2-3 weeks after I started using the MUFE HD foundation. I can't say that it does anything for fine lines, wrinkles or pores. BUT it does make my foundation last longer. 2 pumps covers my entire face. It does not feel greasy after drying and I don't experience "make up slip down" where it felt like my make up was just sliding off my face (hello LG spackle, I'm talking to you!!)

I will def. repurchase and i hope it continues to perform in the hot humid summer.

on 8/6/2008 3:05:00 PM

This new High Definition primer is more like a nice smoothing serum in my opinion, and not too much like the primers that are thicker, and full of silicones that fill in lines, wrinkles, and pores. It feels comfortable on the skin and it did really help to keep the MUFE Hi Def foundation on all day, but after applying my foundation over this primer, I did notice that I wasn't too happy about the appearance of my pores. So, it's good for helping to keep foundation in place, and to prevent uneven wear during the day, but it's not so great if you need more pore and wrinkle correction. I would say that people with oily skin would like it and may not even need anything under it, because it does feel like part-treatment and part-primer. The Neutral shade looks whitish in the bottle, but goes on clear. There are several other shades for brightening and color correcting, too. It's a fine product but not as primer-ish as I wanted it to be.

This is a colorless primer that has the consistency of a light lotion or serum. I use it under my NARS Sheer Glow to help the foundation go on smoothly and not adhere to dry patches. I would not recommend this primer for oily skin at all. I find it helps my foundation not settle into fine lines at the end of the day. I have already repurchased my second bottle. I use one pump for my entire face, and I don't let it dry for long. Apply foundation while it is still slightly damp for best results. My one bottle lasted nearly a year with daily usage.

on 8/17/2008 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was in Sephora looking for a new primer. I have used only Smashbox but hoped to find something not as greasy feeling. I have extremely dry skin with fine lines around the eyes so you would think I would like something heavy! This product is thinner and seems to "set" in about 10-15 seconds. That means your foundation will not roll or pill up when you apply it over the primer. I don't think there is a product out there that can truly fill in lines neatly but if you have found one please email or PM me!! Overall, I would purchase this again, I like the way my foundation (EA ceramide plumping foundation cream) glides over my face and stays put.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)

on 4/14/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

oh my god, what ingredients are in this primer?i just use it today in the morning and at night when I wash my face, I have like, 11 new cystic pimples!no products has ever given me such quick horrible results in just, what, 12 hours?I'm so mad I'm not even going to give this product review about the finishing and others. straight to the garbage this product is going to go, not even going to swap or give it to someone else. no, siree...

on 2/12/2010 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this primer after reading a million rave reviews.
However, I didn't find it to be worth my money.
First of all, I didn't even see a difference with/without it on my face,
and my foundations melted off my face by the end of the day, regardless of whether i was wearing this primer or not.
So, whats the point?
Secondly, i found that WITH the primer, my face looked grosser by the end of the day than without, and actually got oilier.
I really like the gel consistency and the speed with which it dries on the face. However, it didn't do anything for me (other than make me look bad) and I will not be purchasing this product again.