Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

Filtered by age: 30-35
Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.4

I got a sample of this from Sephora. They no longer carry it, which is disappointing because I actually liked this.

I have combo/sensitive skin and this moisturized nicely and smoothed out a good portion of my textural problems (blemishes, inflammation and mild rash). I can't speak to the long term benefits or problems, but it didn't break me out the only day I wore it. Maybe I'll be able to find something comperable that is more widely available.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Makeup forever did wonders, like usual! I look like a different person everytime! Thank you!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this primer as part of the HD Complexion Starter Kit. I really just wanted the Kabuki brush and setting powder included in the kit. As such, I can't comment much on the price. I do like the primer and really like the light scent. As other reviewers have mentioned, it doesn't contain silicone and is more moisturizing. I tend to have dry skin, so it absorbed quickly and is not a problem mixing with my Dior Totale concentrate serum and Hydra-Life Pro-Youth Fluid with SPF (I hate when products don't mix and start rubbing off). I use BE powders and they apply evenly over this, no graininess. It sets in place and my face stays soft and smooth all day with no stickiness or blotches. Maybe this product works better for dryer skin types as it does feel more moisturizing.

on 8/23/2012 6:18:00 PM

I have only used this once and i have to say... i <3 it! It does a great job in covering my pores so when i apply my under eye concealer it goes on beautifully!! It's thinner than what i thought it would be, but that's totally fine! I just need a quick/light pump to do my entire face! It is a bit pricey, but i did have a GC to Sephora so it wasn't too bad.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)

on 5/13/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This doesn't have the traditional siliconey powdery finish that most primers have. This feels more like a lightweight lotion. Also i find it to be more hydrating than oil absorbing. I dont think it does much for my foundation application and wearability of it and i dont notice any dramatic difference on my face, my face make up looks pretty much the same with or without this primer . Feels hydrating and nourishing on the skin but thats pretty all it does, I m gonna continue using it because as I said feels nice on the skin but im not gonna repurchase i dont think its performance justifies its price

on 5/11/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love MUFE HD foundation so I thought I would give the primer a try. Luckily I got a sample because I was not impressed. It accentuated the fine lines around my eyes that arenít normally very visible as soon as applied MUFE full cover concealor over it. It also made applying concealor difficult and my finger was tugging the delicate skin around my eyes when usually their concealor glides on nicely. I stopped using it around my eyes but really want a primer that can be used with concealor. I didnít seem to have much setting power on the rest of my face or cut down on shine. I really couldnít tell the difference between using it or not. I also didnít like how strong the fragrance smelled and try to avoid fragrance due to having sensitive skin. I now use Estee Lauderís matte perfecting primer which is fragrance free and has antioxidants so itís beneficial for skin.

on 3/7/2012 7:36:00 PM

Not a great primer. Very disappointed because I had heard great things about the brand.

on 6/4/2011 5:19:00 PM

It definitely broke my skin out. Nothing special. Too silicony for my combination skin. Also, mosttimes myskin feels irritaded the moment i wear it.

on 5/9/2011 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

yes, it really controls the oilness on my face (i use it under hd foundation), helps to last my make up much more better during the day even when it is summer, i don't feel it on my face. But in the evening when i put off my make up, my combination oily skin is dry, hd primer burns my face, i see redness, i dislike this feelings. This primer works, that is why i use it but only on special event. I have two small free bottles but i won't buy the full size.