4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I love this product! It smells great, works just as well and for the price, you can't beat it. I ran out and had gotten another brand as a stocking stuffer. That's when I truly appreciated Samy. The other product kept getting clogged up but I've never had a problem spraying Samy and it lasted months. I think it would have lasted longer but I have a very sneaky suspicion that my daughter was using it!! Good thing it has a great price....maybe I'll be getting her a bottle for herself this time.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

1.0
from

8 years ago

I got lucky with my hair, I can go a day without washing it and it looks and behaves the same as if I had washed it that morning. It's for day 2 of no washing I bought this for, since it takes almost 2 hours just to wash and dry my hair, not even adding any product to it or doing anything aside from brushing. I used this on day 2 of not washing my hair, and it didn't do much aside from make it smell like the dry shampoo (which is a nice smell). I ended up wearing it in a tight pony tail all day and washing it that night. It didn't get rid of any of the oil, and my hair felt completely gross, when normally my roots are just oily at the end of day 2. Definitely will not continuing using this.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

10 years ago

There is a lot of good to say about this product. The smell is fantastic and very refreshing. It works really well to take away the grease on my roots and doesn't leave my hair looking dull. However, I think the one bad issue outweighs the good. I am pretty sure there is a defect with the spray bottle mechanism. The first bottle I purchased worked one time. A day after I used it, it was empty. I assumed it must have been a fluke so I bought another can. This time I got two uses before it was completely empty. At that point I was convinced it was just the way the bottles were. As much as I want to love this product I just can't justify paying $7.00 for one use. I would either be running to the store every other day or have to buy several at a time. Its just not practical. I think I will jusy need to continue my search for another dry shampoo that works as well AND lasts more than one week.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I loved this and thought I'd finally found my HG dry shampoo. Good texture, color, and fragrance. $6 at Ulta, who can beat that, cheaper than Psst. Of course, now they have decided to sell it at HSN only and together with some hair spray I don't need in $20 package "deal". Plus s+h. Goodbye Samy, I loved you as long as it lasted. Please, please somebody tell me their customer service is wrong and there is some other store that sells it (other than HSN) I think it's time e.l.f. rolls out their version of dry shampoo.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

11 years ago

I have very long hair (to the small of my back) and it's a pain in the a** to wash. I must admit that some nights I just don't feel like spending a couple hours washing/drying it. I have tried a couple of dry shampoo products for those mornings after I went to bed with oily hair. Samy is interesting: it turns my hair gray at first, then on brushing it out, the gray and the oil are gone and my roots are lifted! It could be as much a styling product as a dry shampoo. My complaint with Samy is that the sprayer stops working after one or two applications, which is pretty annoying. Also, I don't need the root lifting as my hair is usually in an up-do or a long braid for work. I much prefer Ojon dry shampoo for my long tresses.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

This product is great for my thick, oily hair. I can actually skip washing it for a day since it just soaks up the oil. I was worried that it would show up in my hair (it is dark brown/black), but that has not happened. I follow the directions on the can exactly & get on with my day!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

This product saved me from years of not being able to go ONE DAY without washing my hair. I always plan on washing my hair each morning, but every once and awhile I over sleep and don't have time to do so. My hair is SO oily and if I don't wash it, it looks terrible. This dry shampoo works so well! Just quick spray it on, brush through your hair, and you're good to go! No oily roots for the whole day! I noticed some reviews complained of the white powdery residue it left in their hair-I had that problem at first, but found that if you hold the spray 8-10 inches away from your hair it works just as well without the leaving a residue. It also adds amazing volume!! I don't know what I would do with this product!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

This is a lifesaver for my hair. Much better performance than Bumble & Bumble hair powder, and a great value. Adds volume without looking "done" and completely eliminates the greasies. I have superfine hair, and I love that it does double duty so that I don't have to buy a separate volumizing product. The scent is also very pleasant. I too have issues with some cans mysteriously evaporating, but the price is so reasonable that I'm not too concerned about it. I've only seen it in Ulta, and I always have a ton of coupons so it's ridiculously cheap. My only major gripe is the size of the can--I wish they made smaller travel-sized cans because this is impossible to take anywhere.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

from

11 years ago

I. LOVE. THIS. PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!! It takes a TINY little squirt on my roots to make my hair luscious and bouncy like it had been the day before, and it smells so great! No flakiness or greasiness - just perfect 2nd day hair! *PS - for those of you who don't think it lasts very long (because with weekly use, my bottle lasted me SIX months!!) -- be sure and grab one from the middle or back. I'm sure it gets "tested" a lot in the stores.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

11 years ago

This worked pretty well. It refreshed my hair and added lots of volume. However, after the third use, the spray bottle stopped working and I can no longer use it :(

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral