NYX #635 Doll

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

On me, Doll is a medium reddish mauve color, or perhaps a reddish plum. It isn't too red that it wouldn't be workplace appropriate or too bold for daytime, but it is more eye-catching than a nude or a MLBB shade on lighter skin. The formula is pigmented and smooth, and it wears really nicely with lipliner.

Doll is much darker in person than it appears online. My skin is fair with cool/neutral undertones, and this shade is a deep, dark, almost neon fuschia on me, which is hideously unflattering with my red hair and light tones. However, it has decent staying power (it stained my lips this noxious shade, so there you go), and it's not as "flowery" tasting as others have led on. Not as much as L'Oral, or other old skool formulas, anyway. In conclusion, for those with similar coloring as me, stay far, far away. xo

on 2/5/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can see why others like this lipstick so much. It seems to be great quality especially for such an amazing price. Goes on very smoothly, no annoying or irritating fragrance, nice creamy coverage. Didn't wear as long as my go-to favorite lipstick (Mac Craving) but I could live with that if the color were really great on me. Unfortunately the color was my only real problem with this lipstick (and a pretty important one when it comes to lipstick!). I just wish that it looked like others have described, but on me (fair, NW20) it didn't even look pink at all. On me it looks like a very warm, almost terra cotta color. Not bad, just not what I was expecting. I may have to check out some of their other colors. Too bad about this one, but a $4 lipstick mistake is not nearly as painful as a $25 one, and sadly I have done that too many times!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

love this lipstick so much I have 5 backups. its creamy and its my perfect, perfect pink. (NW 43/45 for reference). Only negative is that it wears off quickly. After eating or drinking I have to reapply.

on 3/31/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For all of you girls who say this lipstick does not, try a nyx lipliner under it or dust your lips with loose powder after you put on the lipstick. another trick is to put eyeshadow primer on your lips before applying lipsticks that do not last. The primer makes the lipstick a bit drier but that is the trade off. I love this color, its a very natural plum red. Great for work

on 2/14/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

After reading the good reviews, I decided to get myself a new lipstick in honor of Valentine's Day! I bought Doll, but it turns out to be just a little too bright on me with my pale skin. But I do like the creaminess and the price can't be beat! I might try it again another day when I'm wearing something else.

on 11/24/2013 11:21:00 AM

This color is the most beautiful I've ever tried. I'm so sad about it, though, because it seems that it comes off as soon as I put it on. It just doesn't have great staying power, and I'm not sure how to tweak the application process so that it stays on longer :(

It's a beautiful pink-plum color. It's dark without being goth looking, and bright but not obnoxiously bright. I love it, just wish it stayed on longer...with NYX made this color in their matte formula.

on 5/2/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

$3.99 is a bomb price and even better, this lippie is gorgeous on. picked it up on a whim, the color on the tube looked like something i would like, a darker MLBB mid tone pink. it goes on smooth, rich and so opaque! its "bright" but not glaringly so, its just a great pop of color against my NC42 skin. a deep pinkish red. keeping this one!

One of my favourite lipsticks. It's a really pretty purpley pink color but it's got a warmer tone to it. Really classy looking. Soo cheap too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I love it because the color is gorgeous, reddish pink and super flattering on me. The price is super inexpensive. I hate it because it doesn't last long at all on me. I avoid wearing this simply b/c I don't want this to come off on my boyfriend or wear off while eating. It just doesn't last, which is a big issue with me being a busy high schooler who doesn't have the time or energy to check her lipstick every five minutes. If this was a stain or had at least a matte finish I would wear this all the time but it's currently sitting in my "rarely use" pile. I will not repurchase.