Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.7

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my HG sunscreen moisturizer. I have gone through about 5-6 bottles. When applied will be tacky to the touch until it is thoroughly absorbed into the skin, it usually takes about 5 minutes. I usually use it on bare face, if using foundation I usually use one with SPF in it, to try and avoid any white cast in the skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Can't stand this stuff. If I wanted to just wear regular sunscreen on my face everyday, I would have picked up a bottle of Banana Boat for half the price. This is supposed to be a daily moisturizer with SPF - therefore should have the properties of a moisturizer plus the benefits of sun protection.

A good moisturizer will blend easily and absorb well, leaving you ready to apply your make up. This cream? Leaves a white cast over your face, does not rub in easily and smells well...like sunscreen. The sunscreen your parents rubbed on your arms and legs as a kid when you went to the beach, which left you white and streaky? That's what this is. For $15 a bottle. Huge waste.

I did, however, give it 2 lippies because it didn't break me out and my skin is extremely sensitive.

To Read all 230 Reviews, Login or Join

This lotion is so amazing, I love it. Everything breaks me out, absolutely everything. This actually soothes my skin and no breakouts! Miracle. I put it on after I wash my face in the morning by gently patting it in and waiting about 5 to 10 minutes for it to absorb before putting on my make up. Great sun protection, works well under foundation, does not break me out, affordable and great pump bottle. Couldn't ask for more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm actually a little surprised by the negative reviews on this product. I think this is a great facial sunscreen. It's fairly lightweight, yes there is some initial greasiness but if you wait about 5 minutes to let it sink in it absorbs completely. I have moderate severe acne and this doesn't irritate my breakouts all. In fact when my skin is particularly bad I use this at night because the zinc oxide really heals the skin. As far as the scent goes it is fragrance free. Just because it smells like sunscreen doesn't mean there is added fragrance. Sunscreen has a natural scent and honestly it goes away right after you apply. Bottom line this is a great physical sunscreen that is very affordable and has great packaging. The only person who wouldn't be able to use this is people with darker skin tones as it does leave a slight white cast.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For background, I'm fair, 37, with dry, sensitive skin showing signs of rosacea (redness, flushing on cheeks and nose). I read that use of sunscreen daily is very important for those with rosacea, so I thought I would give this a try. I have a pretty poor track record with sunscreen (burns, breaks me out, or causes milia), so I cautiously tried this Eucerin sunscreen. The sunscreen was lightweight, smelled faintly of sunscreen (duh), and blended in easily. I can't say how it would work under makeup as I don't wear it often due to sensitivity. It took about 3-4 days of use before I started breaking out with whiteheads in places I've never broken out before. Bummer. This is getting returned ASAP.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an effective, affordable sunscreen. Suitable for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I like that it has the skin cancer foundation seal.

Edit: Unfortunately, it's not very cosmetically elegant. Leave weird white streaks (not how normal suncreens do). Well turn white again when you get water on your face like after you take a sip.

It's good protection, it just doesn't look good on the skin.

I have been searching for a good daily sunscreen, and I thought I had found it in this moisturizer. I love the pump bottle, and I like that it has a mix of physical and chemical sunscreens so I know my skin is being fully protected. I also like that I don't see a white cast on my face like others have reported -- though that's probably just because I have really pale skin. However, any time I use this I break out! I'm guessing it's the zinc oxide. So I'm giving it to my mom to see if it works for her.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This stuff claims to be fragrance-free but it stinks like most other sunscreens. And the scent lingers. Also, avoid this if you have dark skin. It leaves a very noticeable purple cast on your face. It's also heavy, feels sticky after 30+ minutes and never melted into my skin. I wish I still had my receipt so I could return this crap.

I wear this lotion everyday -- I live in Hawaii, where sunscreen is essential. I like that this lotion has a pleasant smell (my peeve is sunscreen scents, as I don't want to smell like I'm going on vacation every morning I enter the office). Moisturizing but not at all heavy -- more of a water-based rather than oil-based feel.

Yes, it does leave a white cast at first, but if you keep blending, the white cast will go away (and I'm pretty tan, so I feel like it would be obvious if it stayed). I fear white flashback photos, but I went to a Hawaii sunset wedding with this lotion, and I didn't have a white flashback with this lotion for the night pictures (yet, I wore Bourjois healthy mix foundation on top of the lotion, and this foundation is very yellow-based and non-SPF so maybe that helped even things out).

This lotion also doesn't make me break out at all. The bottle surprisingly also lasts a long while as well -- at least eight months for me with practically everyday use.

I have a total love hate relationship for this product. I have been buying on and off since highschool so about 10 or 12 years simply because its the cheapest formula that meets my am spf moisturizer needs. So my requirements for a day lotion are minimum of spf 30, oil free, and formulated for sensitive skin. This product meets all these requirements at a bare minimum...I dont get a sun burn or added color to my face while wearing it, it doesn't break me out and it doesn't make my face feel like its on fire. Some other positives for this product are its cheap and it comes with a pump and if I hold the bottle up to the light I can see how much is left. The things I don't like about this product are that it gives a total white cast and I am pretty fair. Basically its great under foundation but you will look sickly if you don't put foundation over it. Also takes a long time to soak in.