Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette

Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette

3.6

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 AlLake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 5/4/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm a make up snob, but I'm extremely impressed by this palette... it might be my new favourite, regardless of price. It's great for work looks.

It's a very sophisticated selection of neutrals. The pigmentation is decent (not amazing) but I don't mind as the colors are build able. I do have fair skin though, so I can't say how it will do on medium to darker skin tones and whether it will show up well. The shades are easy to blend and are not chalky. Some shades do have some micro glitter fallout so just be aware you might have to clean up. If you love soft/subtle browns/neutrals you will love this palette. If you are searching for a pop of color, stay away from this palette.

I would seriously consider buying back ups and gifting these. Considering how I normally only gift high end products, that's saying a lot. Definitely recommend.

on 11/20/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is a really great option for girls that like more sober makeup, it comes with nothing but elegant colors. It's amazing for both day and night looks, as it contains a wide range of colors. They're exactly the same in real life than in the picture. They're not INCREDIBLY pigmented but they are pigmented enough, I don't find them chalky and the lack of excessive pigmentation allows for adequate layering anyway; and they last a fair amount of time.
It's really versatile because you can create many different looks with them. There are really only very few shadows that I don't use much in this palette, all of them are nice!
Definitely thumbs-up.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i love this palette..can use it for any look you want whether natural or smokey..just use an eyeshadow primer..also some colors are not very pigmented but its very suitable for it's price and does a wonderful job

on 7/31/2014 12:59:00 AM

Finally neutral palettes hysteria got into me and i ordered this pallet. This is my first pallet of this size and i love every single color in it. All the shades are absolutely wearable day and night time. Appropriate for any age. The pigmentation is ok. Some of the shades are more pigmented some are less. Some of them creamy, some are chalky. When i tried a couple of the colors on my eyes today i realized that i will have to really work to reach desired intensity for a dramatic look.
The only shade i don't care about is the bright pink which makes me look sick when i apply it to my eyelid, but i can use it as a blush.

I would also wish they replaced some of the light colors with other deeper shades or different tones (too many light colors looking the same on the eyes).

The package is thin and light. Bad news - its missing mirror but for the price of 10.99 you can't get everything.

This is a good choice for some one like me who doesn't use shadows everyday and doesn't want to splurge on expensive palettes.

Despite some negatives i said over all its a good palette for affordable price.

on 6/25/2014 7:30:00 PM

This is good for begginers, I would've loved to own this when I was 15 and starting to play with makeup. But if you're like me and own many other eyeshadows and brands you will be disappointed. For the most part they aren't very pigmented and pretty chalky, but there are some shades that I like. After some time of random use the palette is a mess and coming apart. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 3/29/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got mine for roughly 6 dollars from another website but its the same exact thing. I think its a good beginners palette, something for a young teen. Colors are decent for the most part, some duds but not more then 2. I do not care for the black, it seems chalky in mine. Recommended for beginners.

on 12/21/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This is great for the price! I paid $15 and that is unreal for the quality and variety this palette offers. So many matte neutral colors! I have the perfect shimmery nude for lid and highlight. A selection of neutral browns, and deeper browns for the crease and lining. I do use UD primer sometimes, sometimes I don't.... great color payoff regardless. For the price, everyone should jump on this palette!

on 9/28/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this palette. The matte neutrals alone are worth getting this palette. It's so rare to find so many matte neutrals, and ones that show up. This palette has such a nice range of colors that I like to use...from creams, beiges, tans, browns, to mauves. It's so easy to wear a nice natural day look or more dramatic look with this palette alone.

I haven't had any problems with pigmentation of these shadows (obviously they are not going to be comparable to brands like Urban Decay). I wear my avon primer under these and application and wear time are both good. The only thing I'm not crazy about with this palette are the shades with glitter, as I find they have a lot of glitter fallout. I just don't bother with those shades. Especially for the price, the mattes and satins that I do wear make this palette well worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like this palette a lot, the colors are great. The only downfall is that the eyeshadow doesn't really last that long. I've tried different eye primers/brushes with it and still they only last a few hours.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've only worked with this palette a little. My biggest gripe is that the very dark colors I was excited about blending into my crease are NOT pigmented at all. It's so disappointing b/c they all look like beautiful colors!
the lighter colors, believe it or not, are just more pigmented.
Maybe I need to work with this more to see what this palette can really do, but my first impression is not good.