Nivea Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion for Very Dry, Rough Skin

4.2

Water , Mineral Oil , C13-16 Isoparaffin , Glycerin , Isopropyl Palmitate , PEtrolatum , PEG-40 Sorbitan Perisostearate , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate , Glyceryl Glucoside , Sweet Almond Oil , Sea Salt , Fragrance , Citric Acid , Sodium Citrate , Potassium Sorbate

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Several months ago, I went to purchase some body lotion. I've tried lots of lotions since my skin is so dry (I am now using Curel Itch Defense, very happy with it), and it was winter so I got this one from Nivea. I had used this in years past and had always liked it. It was a very rich lotion, but for winter skin, it did a great job. I am not partial to scented lotions, but for some reason, Nivea's scent was one that actually appealed to me. So it was all good. Well, I noticed they had some kind of new packaging and that is always the red flag for "reformulated in disguise". I think they had something like 25% more moisture, some new "something", on the front of the bottle. I went ahead and got it since I thought surely they wouldn't make too much of a change to such a great product. And surely, it would be an improvement. Wrong I was! They should have put: "We have just ruined your lotion and now it will do nothing to help you skin!" on the label. Honestly, I do not know what in the world they have done to a once great lotion. I do have dry skin, but the old formula used to take care of that. This new version actually makes the skin feel MORE dry, as if it is putting some kind of film over your skin which pulls all the moisture out, and you feel as though you have to just keep on applying to get any relief at all. How strange. I hope they change this back. Walmart used to make an Equate version of this with the old formula, but I could not even find that anymore. If they ever go back and fix this, then I will buy it, but until then I will be passing it by.

I see this as a slightly thinner version of Nivea's Creme lotion (both of their first two ingredients are water and mineral oil). I have a love-hate relationship with this lotion.

I love it because it does a very good job of moisturizing my skin. After it absorbs, my skin has a nice sheen to it, and just looks so much healthier. I can even go another day without having to reapply, even after I take a shower. Even with how thick it is, I've had no issues with it clogging my pores. But, the thickness is also kind of an issue for me....

Personally, I love putting lotion on right after I shower - before I towel off. That is near impossible to do with this lotion (and their Creme, as well). I want to say it's because of the mineral oil, but trying to rub this on wet skin is a mission.The product will pretty much get stuck wherever you initially try to apply it. You have to wait until you dry off a bit more before you can try and rub it in. Because of this, I feel like you have to use a lot of product because it's just so thick and doesn't spread that easily. It also doesn't absorb quickly on me, so I feel like I stick to my couch if I'm wearing shorts.

As much as I don't like the thickness (which is pretty much where all of my issues lie), this is a fantastic lotion. For the price, you can' beat how well it works, even if you have to use a little more than usual. If you don't like thick lotions, this isn't for you, but if you're willing to look past that, this can be fantastic for maintaining your skin. After I use up this bottle, I'm not sure if I'll go right back to it, though. I want to see if I can find something that just as good, and that can absorb quickly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hand down the only lotion that moisturizes my very dry skin. Even in the winter months. My heels during the summer crack and peel. I put some on all over my body after I shower and then again before bed. My heels don't peel and crack anymore. My dry knees don't have calluses. At first the lotion comes off a little too greasy for my liking but soaks in quickly. Seriously the only lotion I will buy.

Love this cream lotion for winter skin to help keep it baby soft

It's very thick and hard to spread, I had to use a lot of lotion on small areas just to cover everything. The smell isn't that great either. While it is thick, it absorbs into the skin quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue but my skin doesn't feel any softer than before applying it. Maybe if I use more over time I'll notice a difference in my skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best skin lotion on the market.Skin is soft and smooth and smells amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a great no-frills yet highly moisturizing lotion. I have really dry skin but I don't like to use thick creams all over my body and I don't like to wait for oils to absorb. This absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue, and is moisturizing enough to quench my dry and flaky skin. I also appreciate that it has a pump and that it is so "basic" as far as scent, color, texture - and at a great price. I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My go to basic body lotion. This lotion is as good as other high end body lotions. It's very moisturizing and leaves a nice moist, but never clammy finish. Smells great and works like a dream. Nivea products have the feel of high-end brands.

Another product I bought after trying some of my roommates (she's the best haha). The only part of my body that gets dry skin (besides my face) are my lower legs. I can't tell you why- I have no clue; the rest of my skin is naturally soft but I get these terribly itchy, painful dry patches on my shins (derm said it was nothing more serious than dry skin). This lotion has worked better on it than ointments prescribed by my dermatologist. It takes a while to rub in but I don't care the result is absolutely worth it. It's think and creamy and smells refreshing (I'm not a fan of "scented" lotions..bleh!) It has made such a difference. Definitely a must have item for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was an impulse buy and for once, it was a good decision!! This is the best body lotion I have ever used. It's thick & heavy and takes a little work to rub in, but it's worth it. My skin feels hydrated and soft. I no longer have itchy, flaky skin. I like the scent, it's very clean and fresh. This maybe too heavy for summer, but for winter it works perfectly.