Parlux Jessica Simpson - Fancy

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Caramel, Caramel, Caramel. This is the main note I get from this scent and I'm definitely not mad at it. I've had my bottle for a few years now and just ran out this week. I've been reading that this has been reformulated and I am super upset about this. This is a gorgeous, sweet, creamy gourmand fragrance and lasts a long time on your skin and even longer on your clothes. I said I would repurchase this but only if I could get my hands on the pre-formulation version. I haven't smelled the reformulation of this, so I don't know if I would like it as much as I do this one. Why do they change perfectly amazing perfumes?? I don't understand. But yes, this is a sexy perfume!

From Fragrantica:
Top Notes: Pear, Apricot, Red Berries
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Jasmine, Almond, Caramel
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't get any fruit at all from this. Just spicy, sweet vanilla caramel, and I am perfectly fine with that. A definite favorite.

If you like this, you should try:
~Prada Candy~Dior Addict~Pink Sugar~

A good ev day scent for when you don’t want to pull out your best stuff (chanel, bvlgari...). I got this in a body spray along w Fancy Love they both don’t smell as strong as they used to so when I saw a bottle of fancy 1.7edp for <$15 at tjmaxx I jumped on it. Smells like caramalized pears I adore it so so so SO good. Gourmands are my thang I love them I want to buy a bottle of Fantasy so bad but for now am enjoying this! I like celeb scents I don’t have to like the celeb to like the scent, =]

This is my second celebrity scent my other being Stash. I have never been into “celebrity” type scents but I’m so glad I decided to try this because it really does smell delicious! I saw so many good reviews on Fragrantica plus it not being super expensive I bought a bottle. Well I love it, it’s a lovely gourmand for cold weather. At first I get the floral notes of Jasmin and gardenia mixed with pear and apricot. I also smell almond and I guess the red berries. But to me the best part is the drydown as this settles into vanilla caramel heaven! I can even smell the amber in this. This is a really well done scent! On my skin this settles into the yummiest fragrance I just love it.

The bottle is so pretty and the longevity is very long especially if I spray my hair it lasts till the next day. On my skin I get a good 12 hours. This is one where a little goes a long way it’s very sweet and too much could be overkill and I like a loud scent but this will scream if I applied too much. But I really like this a lot! I think the bottle is quite pretty I love how it looks on my dresser. It has got a vintage vibe that I think fits this quite well. So all in all I really love this it’s a really well made perfume. It smells so good, is wonderful in cold weather, and has the best dry down if you ask me. Very happy indeed! I think most gourmand lovers will appreciate this. :) Recommended.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVEEEEE THIS PERFUME ONLY REGRET IS I DIDNT BUY THE LARGER SIZE ,U WILL GET MANY COMPLIMENTS ,MY BF EVEN LOVES IT AND HE DOESNT PAY ATTENTION TO STUFF LIKE THAT

You know I started out saying fancy is just ok...i preferred fancy love but now I own both and I say fancy original is much longer lasting and does smell really good. It smells so sweet and I do smell almond and I am a pink sugar addict but overall fancy is better no burnt note like pink sugar ...this is my 5th bottle it's finished and will I repurchase...hell yeah lol I reach for it more than any other I guess a finished 5th bottle proves that because my other perfumes I've had dating back to 2005...still full or half full on my dresser so I can safely say fancy is my signature along with Gloria Vanderbilt original perfume ...both so lovely...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this was a blind buy at shopper's drug mart for me. on first spray i didn't love it but after another use, i'm addicted to this scent. it smells like pear and caramel to me which is especially sublime in winter. it is a very yummy scent and you can definitely detect it for hours. i am a fan of very sweet gourmand fragrances so i'm happy to discover this one. i see comparisons drawn between this and BS Fantasy but they are totally different to me. Fantasy has a sharpness to it that this doesn't have. This feels creamier than Fantasy. Lasting power and sillage is fairly strong.

I was given a generous decant of this by a friend so can't really comment on price.

Starts off smelling very harsh and synthetic with a blast of fruit that is overly sweet and sharp at the same time. Nonetheless it smells great on my friend, so I decided to give it time to develop rather than immediately scrub my wrists. It softened after about 10 minutes and I forgot about it. Half an hour later I kept getting whiffs of this lovely vanilla/amber combination tinged with caramel and grounded with sandalwood. I realised this was the drydown to Fancy.

Lovely.

Longevity is 4-5 hours
Sillage is low to moderate

This isn't the best perfume on me, but it's very well made and worth having. Don't be put off by the fact that it's a celebrity fragrance, and don't be put off by the fairly unattractive top notes. I understand this fragrance is discontinued but still see it in some chemist stores and I know it's available online.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Not a good smell, so I was told. Was told when I wear this I smell overwhelmingly strong, not good, and a little bit old (as in for an older person). Hearing this, I felt bad for all the people who sat next to me and didn't have the heart to tell me this. I thought I smelled sweet and good but I guess I was wrong.

Top Notes: Pear, Apricot, Red Berries.

Heart Notes: Gardenia, Jasmine, Almond, Caramel.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber.

Fancy gets a lot of love on Fragrantica, which is where I first heard about it, so I thought I would try it as the notes do indeed look very good, and I hoped it would be a really good fragrance for cool weather. I ordered it blindly and wore it at least five or six times. I am sorry to say that of all my blindly purchased fragrances, Fancy was the biggest disappointment.

As so many reviewers have said, it is definitely sweet, and I definitely smell the caramel in it, but at first spray and for a good fifteen minutes or so thereafter, I mainly smelt nothing but florals, which surprised me. Later, the caramel and vanilla notes became quite noticeable. I have not really tried to pick out a lot of the other notes, but I agree this is definitely a gourmand fragrance with a dash of florals and not a floral fragrance with a bit of a gourmand edge. I definitely would not describe it as an Oriental, though.

I like Fancy's deep dry down much better than its top and heart notes. In the deep dry down I still perceive vanilla and a bit of caramel, but I also perceive a nice, warm amber. It remains very sweet into the deep dry down, too. Together the vanilla, caramel, and amber are nice but nevertheless quite foodie. I am not sure I would want to live through the top and heart notes every time I wore this just to get to the base notes.

Fancy is "okay" for what it is and for its price point, but it is not a fragrance I would have purchased had I sampled it first, and that is not because I dislike gourmands. (For example, I love B&BW's Sensual Amber and Cashmere Glow.) It is because Fancy has a quite STRONG synthetic smell to it.

After smelling Fancy, I can say for the first time that I truly understand what people mean whence they describe a fragrance as smelling "synthetic." It is best to smell this fragrance as it wafts up to your nose from your arms as it does not smell at all pleasant if you place your nose close to your arm to sniff it, which is untrue of every other fragrance I have tried.

I think anyone who likes Fancy could wear it, but on the whole, I think it would suit a younger person more than an older person. The floral notes give it a bit more sophistication than it would have without them, but Fancy is not a sophisticated fragrance. I could perhaps see myself wearing this whilst working around the house or working outdoors or cleaning out the garage in order to use up the bottle, but that is about all. I would not wear it any place where I wanted to be noticed for my fragrance, though. I also do not think it would be a good fragrance to wear to snuggle with your chap because as I said above, Fancy is best smelt as it wafts toward one's nose. If your chap put his nose against your neck whilst you were wearing Fancy, I do not think he would find it very nice.

No offence to anyone who loves Fancy, but I cannot recommend it. Anyone who really loves caramel as a note may want to try this, but beware that although there is a strong caramel note in it, the fragrance is very synthetic smelling. It has tenacious longevity and outstanding projection and sillage.

If anyone wants a celebrity gourmand fragrance, I recommend Queen Latifah's Queen over Fancy. Queen is boozy and gourmand, but it does not have the strong synthetic smell of Fancy.

As a side note, and interestingly enough, the nose behind Fancy also created Thierry Mugler Womanity, which I have not smelt.

Fragrance: 3/10